PDA

View Full Version : Questions on southwind tunnel jet?????????

tornreality
03-07-2005, 10:47 AM
First off what are they worth. Just the hull. Is it a good boat or a fast hull? Does anyone have any pictures of any?

moneysucker
03-07-2005, 11:21 AM
They are priceless but I have one for you today only for $30,000 Blown injected complete.
That is what I run and they are great boats. It really depends on what your plan it for it. If you want a family cruiser, Not the boat you want. They ride poorly at low speeds, the nose raises up and slaps the water as the hull will pack air and let it out because you are going too slow to get it on plane good. Bare hull with nothing I would say around $1500.00 usually with a trailer. That price has a lot of variables too, depending on bottom work, if the suction piece is in, condition of the hull. With a good gell job on it, the price goes up from there. Put up some pix and we can tell you what you should expect to pay, or more what we would pay for it.Considering what a new hull is going for, these clasic dragsters are the way to go.

bp
03-07-2005, 12:55 PM
huh :idea:
go here.. http://www.southwindjetboats.com/19TunnelDragster.html
there are lots of pictures of 'em..

Nucking futs
03-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Well like Money sucker said, What are you going to use it for?Its not a family boat.Are they fast? depends on what you mean by fast.Are they a good hull? Yes, they are good and very safe too.There are alot of them coming out of the woodwork of late.They have there own style and nothing else comes close to them, well except for a Placecraft, but thats because its one in the same basicly.If you want to run the river and have decent power it will move out good.But its all in the set up.Email me i can send you alot more pics than what is on our site.We just dont update it very much.
If you are looking to buy one that is for sale, post up a pic and we can give you a better idea of what kind of money its worth.
Tim

anger management
03-07-2005, 06:33 PM
not to highjack your thread but can one of you swtd owners tell me how far the tunnel plates stick out of the boat . Im getting ready to make plates I figured you experts would now off the top of your heads.

bp
03-07-2005, 08:57 PM
they are 14" total length, front to back, 8" of the plate exposed outside the tunnel, 6" under the boat. the top of the tunnel is recessed 3/16 so the plate sits flush. 'course, the plate should be the same width as the tunnel.
hope this helps.

tornreality
03-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Well, I purchased one yesterday. Now all I bought was a boat dolly and it just so happened to come with a boat sitting on it. I don't pick it up until friday. The deck looks to be in good shape, same as the bulkhead. The only problem with the bottom, which isn't a problem for me to fix, is a hole in the bottom, about a 2" hole. No other holes were in it and I've seen and fixed much worse. I don't really want or need another boat but I don't really have a choice on this one. Gel is all original blue and very oxodized. It doesn't even come with a pink- and the only reason I know it is a southwind is because of the original gel with the southwind logo on the side.
Any comments? :mix:

FOURQ
03-08-2005, 06:33 AM
were ya at i will come pick it up i f ya dont want it.....

Nucking futs
03-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Well, I purchased one yesterday. Now all I bought was a boat dolly and it just so happened to come with a boat sitting on it. I don't pick it up until friday. The deck looks to be in good shape, same as the bulkhead. The only problem with the bottom, which isn't a problem for me to fix, is a hole in the bottom, about a 2" hole. No other holes were in it and I've seen and fixed much worse. I don't really want or need another boat but I don't really have a choice on this one. Gel is all original blue and very oxodized. It doesn't even come with a pink- and the only reason I know it is a southwind is because of the original gel with the southwind logo on the side.
Any comments? :mix:
Let us know , we are on the way to pick it up if you dont want it.
Just one question, is it all one color blue or is it 3 different blues? Give me a call and we will arrange the pick up.
Thanks, Tim

moneysucker
03-08-2005, 08:37 AM
First off, Futs, you should be working right now not screwing around on the computer. Second, I get all boats in nor cal, that was the deal. Sounds like a plug there.

Nucking futs
03-08-2005, 08:55 AM
First off, Futs, you should be working right now not screwing around on the computer. Second, I get all boats in nor cal, that was the deal. Sounds like a plug there.
Who died and made you god? I am working,on trying to get that boat.You can have all the nor. Cal boats just not this one.................. :boxingguy
check your pms

moneysucker
03-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Who died and made you god? I am working,on trying to get that boat.You can have all the nor. Cal boats just not this one.................. :boxingguy
check your pms
Molds too? I figured it was up here. A lot of SWDTs have been coming out here. They all want to be like me. lol. I thought Four Q was God. I might be like Bruce Almighty. Let me know if you need it picked up, I have a flat bed trailer that I can haul it on with sime bunks screwed to it.

bp
03-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Molds too? I figured it was up here. A lot of SWDTs have been coming out here. They all want to be like me. lol. I thought Four Q was God. I might be like Bruce Almighty. Let me know if you need it picked up, I have a flat bed trailer that I can haul it on with sime bunks screwed to it.
i know. why dontcha just bring yore tugboat to ming, and i'll race ya for it :cool: :)

steelcomp
03-08-2005, 05:28 PM
i know. why dontcha just bring yore tugboat to ming, and i'll race ya for it :cool: :)
Hold the phone...I think I hear a challange!! Pretty fair...winner gets the SW.
How 'bout it guys...put up or...??? You boys got the factory edge with all that experience. I think here's your chance. Moneysucker...you dun been called out. :boxingguy
No excuses, boys. :D :coffeycup

tornreality
03-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Well, I paid for the boat so I am open for offers. :cool:

tornreality
03-08-2005, 06:48 PM
Oh and I don't live in Nor. Cal. I live in So. Cal. - Brea, 92821 to be exact. :mix:

WUTWZAT
03-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Brea thats just a hop skip and burp from the CLM Performance center isn't it?
Just trying to help :D
Jason

moneysucker
03-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Oh and I don't live in Nor. Cal. I live in So. Cal. - Brea, 92821 to be exact. :mix:
I guess that is in the southwind brothers territory so it would be theirs. I don't think I was the one being called out. I believe the tug boat in question is futs' daycruiser. My boat is not ready for the track yet.

CandyA$$
03-08-2005, 11:21 PM
I guess that is in the southwind brothers territory so it would be theirs. I don't think I was the one being called out. I believe the tug boat in question is futs' daycruiser. My boat is not ready for the track yet.
I read in another forum that u always have an excuse.
Sounds like another.
:cool:

steelcomp
03-09-2005, 06:52 AM
Oh, it was you. :wink:

comin' unscrewed
03-09-2005, 07:16 AM
Well, I paid for the boat so I am open for offers. :cool:
Pics please? Of the hole too.

moneysucker
03-09-2005, 07:49 AM
I read in another forum that u always have an excuse.
Sounds like another.
:cool:
Now my excuse is, My right foot is broke off in Candy A$$'s butt and I can't push the gas pedal.
That and I will be driving down from nor cal not up from so cal where my boat is so the boat will not be there.

Nucking futs
03-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Hey torn, check your pm's.I will come look at the boat as soon as you get it.I live in Orange and its only a 5 min. juant to you.I am really interested in it and will give you a fair price.I have a trailer and am ready when you are.
Tim

roostwear
03-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Hey torn, check your pm's.I will come look at the boat as soon as you get it.I live in Orange and its only a 5 min. juant to you.I am really interested in it and will give you a fair price.I have a trailer and am ready when you are.
Tim
Code enforcement called.... they said get the other 2 boats off the front lawn. :eek:
I however have room.... :D :D :D :D

CandyA$$
03-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Now my excuse is, My right foot is broke off in Candy A$$'s butt and I can't push the gas pedal.
That and I will be driving down from nor cal not up from so cal where my boat is so the boat will not be there.
:cry: Oh don't cry out another excuse. :eat:
I was just picking up a quota from another room. Which just proved my point.
:p

Nucking futs
03-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Code enforcement called.... they said get the other 2 boats off the front lawn. :eek:
There are no boats in the front, they are all put away in the rear storage at CLM.Code enforcement comes by and has a few beers with us all the time , so we have that part covered.Its when the parking lot gets filled and spills onto the street that everyone gets their panties in a wad!!! :D

moneysucker
03-09-2005, 09:17 AM
I have 2 acres at dirt lot marine and the neighbors don't really care. The parents do when we get too many there though. Buggy 3 boats 3 golf carts usually at least one of our trucks

roostwear
03-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Anyone have info on one of the new marine repairs popping up lately? Ben Dover Marine.......

Nucking futs
03-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Anyone have info on one of the new marine repairs popping up lately? Ben Dover Marine.......
And this would be????
Everyone wants there own boat repair shop,but we actually do work at ours.

roostwear
03-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Oops, sorry, spelled it wrong. Should be Bend Over Marine according to the Roostwear Mergers and Acquisitions department..........

Nucking futs
03-09-2005, 12:36 PM
Oops, sorry, spelled it wrong. Should be Bend Over Marine according to the Roostwear Mergers and Acquisitions department..........
Oh, thats that new shop in Bullhead isnt it? I heard of some kind of projects coming out of there but yet to see any run!!I heard they even have a circle boat that should put me in my place. Can't wait to see that happen! Hope he likes to get wet!!!

steelcomp
03-09-2005, 06:53 PM
Oh, thats that new shop in Bullhead isnt it? I heard of some kind of projects coming out of there but yet to see any run!!I heard they even have a circle boat that should put me in my place. Can't wait to see that happen! Hope he likes to get wet!!!
Boy those are some big words for such a young man! :sleeping:

Squirtin Thunder
03-09-2005, 07:05 PM
I sure hope your not talking about me. And if so why ???

steelcomp
03-09-2005, 07:09 PM
I sure hope your not talking about me. And if so why ???Sounds like someone's being a little sensative. :rolleyes:

Squirtin Thunder
03-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Sounds like someone's being a little sensative. :rolleyes:
Just curious !!!

Fogged Gullwing
03-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey Jim wasn't the name of the shop when we wanted to pull your impeller that f@#k wanted 70 bucks to borrow his puller. Hope that dipsh!t is out of business. For all of you out in AZ. Try Pete Mc Connell at The Shop in Needles Cool guy long time NJBA racer! Works part time at the shop so leave a message. He works on the southern Pacific railway during the day.
Later BK

moneysucker
03-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Hey Jim wasn't the name of the shop when we wanted to pull your impeller that f@#k wanted 70 bucks to borrow his puller. Hope that dipsh!t is out of business. For all of you out in AZ. Try Pete Mc Connell at The Shop in Needles Cool guy long time NJBA racer! Works part time at the shop so leave a message. He works on the southern Pacific railway during the day.
Later BK
I will buy a puller and let you borrow it for 60.

Fogged Gullwing
03-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Bought the puller myself just did not have it with me when I was there. Just sucks that someone would bend you over for something like that. Not the way to get word of mouth business especially in BHC AZ. you better make all the friends you can or you'll end up as head weed keeper at the local golf course. As far as your offer goes Ive got a flux capacitor you can borrow for your time machine. I won't even charge you got some rotten banana's out of the dumpster for you to put in MR Fusion!!!! :crossx:
Later BK

Nucking futs
03-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Boy those are some big words for such a young man! :sleeping:
who you callin young? just stiring the pot thats all.
The only thing steel is i can back up my words. :D :D

Nucking futs
03-09-2005, 10:04 PM
I sure hope your not talking about me. And if so why ???
Lighten up Jim,Its all in fun!!!!!
And no its not refering to you!!!

Fogged Gullwing
03-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Don't worry Jim thinks everything is about him!!!!!
BK :eat:

Squirtin Thunder
03-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Lighten up Jim,Its all in fun!!!!!
And no its not refering to you!!!
Tim then who are you refering too ???
I live here I should know !!!
Thanks
Jim

steelcomp
03-09-2005, 10:23 PM
who you callin young? just stiring the pot thats all.
The only thing steel is i can back up my words. :D :D
Bring it to Ming!! :coffeycup

bp
03-10-2005, 06:16 AM
Later BK
hey if ya see sneaky pete, tell'em bp says hey, and i'm waitin' for him on the rope :D great guy! and a helluva lotta fun to race

Nucking futs
03-10-2005, 07:04 AM
Bring it to Ming!! :coffeycup
They dont have a "slow" class for my cruiser at ming my freind,the only thing i have ready for ming is my beer drinking skills.Besides, there are no roundy rounds at ming.
When my SWTD is all done i'll be there.Not saying it will be quick, but it will be there. :supp: :supp:

Danhercules
03-10-2005, 07:05 AM
I think CLM forgot about their storage facility avalable to them. Mud Lot Storage out in Norco.

Nucking futs
03-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Hopefully Dan you will have a SWTD out there this weekend if this guy calls me!!! :D

Danhercules
03-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Anything to make up for your deck. F&ckin bonehead. :hammer2:

Brooski
03-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Thats funny, I was there on Saturday, and I didnt see any violations. But then again, I was not working and had beer goggles on. :cool:

Brooski
03-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Anything to make up for your deck. F&ckin bonehead. :hammer2:
Now thats funny! :rollside:

Nucking futs
03-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Thats funny, I was there on Saturday, and I didnt see any violations. But then again, I was not working and had beer goggles on. :cool:
now thats funny, you were drinking the virgin beers with no kick and you still had your goggles on.Wake up man!!!!!!!!!!

Brooski
03-10-2005, 01:37 PM
now thats funny, you were drinking the virgin beers with no kick and you still had your goggles on.Wake up man!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, *ss, I stand corrected, I may have been under the influence of resin fumes. Anyway, the point was CE was at your house saturday, and chose to not see any violations. Maybe I should inspect the Roost.......... :p

FOURQ
03-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Okay, *ss, I stand corrected, I may have been under the influence of resin fumes. Anyway, the point was CE was at your house saturday, and chose to not see any violations. Maybe I should inspect the Roost.......... :p
ya ok now its the resin fumes ...keep diggin for a better excuse....you went runnin when i was playin in the resin......:D

steelcomp
03-10-2005, 07:41 PM
They dont have a "slow" class for my cruiser at ming my freind,the only thing i have ready for ming is my beer drinking skills.Besides, there are no roundy rounds at ming.
When my SWTD is all done i'll be there.Not saying it will be quick, but it will be there. :supp: :supp:
I heard they even have a circle boat that should put me in my place. Can't wait to see that happen! Hope he likes to get wet!!!
The only thing steel is i can back up my words.
Wondering what the "back up your words" was about, then??? With what?? :rolleyes:

Nucking futs
03-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Wondering what the "back up your words" was about, then??? With what?? :rolleyes:
Whats your deal, poke your nose into something that has nothing to do with you.You take life way to serious if your digging for something here with me.Want to know what im talking about?Show up and watch.Alittle father and son grudge match thats all.Feel free to join in if you like.I'll let you know where to be when it happens.Interested?

steelcomp
03-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Whats your deal, poke your nose into something that has nothing to do with you.You take life way to serious if your digging for something here with me.Want to know what im talking about?Show up and watch.Alittle father and son grudge match thats all.Feel free to join in if you like.I'll let you know where to be when it happens.Interested?
Poke my nose...in a public forum???
Um...I was just funnin wicha. I just wanted to see if I could get a rise out of some of you SWTD guys. That was too easy! :D

Fogged Gullwing
03-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Damn Scott you're becoming as popular as me!!!!!
See ya at the real deal!!!
BK

steelcomp
03-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Damn Scott you're becoming as popular as me!!!!!
See ya at the real deal!!!
BK
That's not even funny! :cool:

Nucking futs
03-11-2005, 09:38 AM
Poke my nose...in a public forum???
Um...I was just funnin wicha. I just wanted to see if I could get a rise out of some of you SWTD guys. That was too easy! :D
You wanted a rise? Im not that easy! Beleive me you will know when i get A rise.
Maybe if you want a rise you should let me drive your boat!! I know that will give you a rise!!!! Hell it might even give me one. Its not that hard to point the wheel and hammer the throttle is it? I would'nt know. I have never been over 65 on the water and have only been driving boats for a few weeks and it seems real easy don't it!!!!
Tim

steelcomp
03-11-2005, 10:28 PM
You wanted a rise? Im not that easy! Beleive me you will know when i get A rise.
Maybe if you want a rise you should let me drive your boat!! I know that will give you a rise!!!! Hell it might even give me one. Its not that hard to point the wheel and hammer the throttle is it? I would'nt know. I have never been over 65 on the water and have only been driving boats for a few weeks and it seems real easy don't it!!!!
Tim :confused: :confused: :confused: