PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone hook me up with a fix for my trailer?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-23-2006, 04:09 PM
There was a "slight miscalculation" and the fender got a little dinged up..
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13148&stc=1
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13149&stc=1

Mohave Vice
04-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Try Orange Trailer Hitch and Repair at (714) 288.8782. They were at the Anaheim Boat. Seemed to ne good peeps. I need some work as well, will be calling them in a couple days. Good luck and let us know how they work out.

BigBlockBaja
04-23-2006, 04:58 PM
http://www.donosborn.com/columns/homer_doh.jpg

Waldo
04-23-2006, 06:45 PM
Ouch!!! Been there, Done that! What did you do, take her out to clean her and put the biatch back a little too hard???

Biglue
04-23-2006, 06:49 PM
You know those concrete filled posts at the end of every pump ilse at the gas stations?. Well I mis-calculated that turn once and nailed right at the angle plate that supports the fender onto the trailer. :cry: :cry:
THere is a place called Walstrong Trailers in the southbay that can help you. It's in Gardena.

RiverDave
04-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Call Zeiman Trailer 562 - 696 - 1186..
For the price it's going to cost to have it fixed you can probably get a set of Stainless Fenders, or at a minimum Chromies..
Either try that or any trailer mfg.. Extreme, Ellis, Shadow, Bear, etc..
I had a blow out on the way home from the river last river trip (pulled the boat home to sell it) and it dinged a fender. I just bought a new set of stainless fenders, and it actually made the whole trailer/boat combo look alot better!
RD

superdave013
04-23-2006, 07:09 PM
You know those concrete filled posts at the end of every pump ilse at the gas stations?. Well I mis-calculated that turn once and nailed right at the angle plate that supports the fender onto the trailer. :cry: :cry:
THere is a place called Walstrong Trailers in the southbay that can help you. It's in Gardena.
those guys are great. Bob is the nicest guy. He really helped me out a long time ago when I was just getting started.
Or you could just buy a new fender. They are cheep for steel ones. Paint it white and bolt it up.

Biglue
04-23-2006, 07:18 PM
those guys are great. Bob is the nicest guy. He really helped me out a long time ago when I was just getting started.
Or you could just buy a new fender. They are cheep for steel ones. Paint it white and bolt it up.
Bob is a real nice guy. Everytime someone asks some trailer repair questions I always mention him. He's left me with that good an impression.

Quality Time
04-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Try Orange Trailer Hitch and Repair at (714) 288.8782. They were at the Anaheim Boat. Seemed to ne good peeps. I need some work as well, will be calling them in a couple days. Good luck and let us know how they work out.
Talk to Patrick, great guy. Met him at the SCOPE kick-off party. His shop is next to Speaker Works. Kill two birds with one stone :rollside:

Riomouse911
04-24-2006, 01:44 AM
I pulled my fenders off and took them to Line-X in Riverside. I believe it was about 50-60 bucks for both to be sprayed all around. Looks good, lotsa grip, and when I touched the garage wall last summer backing it in it left nothing more than a scuff on the coating... and a scuff on my wall, of course :mad:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-24-2006, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like i'll be making a call to Extreme today..

phebus
04-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Here is the best contact for new fenders. They supply most of the trailer manufacturers with fenders, but will also sell to the public.
Cheapest place I've found
Fenders and More in Pacoima Ca
10965 Sutter Ave, Pacoima, 91331 - (818) 834-2525

Lightning
04-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Call Zeiman Trailer 562 - 696 - 1186..
For the price it's going to cost to have it fixed you can probably get a set of Stainless Fenders, or at a minimum Chromies..
Either try that or any trailer mfg.. Extreme, Ellis, Shadow, Bear, etc..
I had a blow out on the way home from the river last river trip (pulled the boat home to sell it) and it dinged a fender. I just bought a new set of stainless fenders, and it actually made the whole trailer/boat combo look alot better!
RD
What are you thinking of replacing her with ? ...or nothing at all maybe?

RiverDave
04-24-2006, 08:54 AM
What are you thinking of replacing her with ? ...or nothing at all maybe?
I dunno yet, time will tell. ;) :)
RD