PDA

View Full Version : "SPAM" Camper up for Sale

Mike.A
03-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Due to the recent procurement of a house that needs a back yard and my boat needing a new interior, I am having to part with my truck camper.
2003 AF1150 Slide in camper, loaded ! it is but i am not anymore.
Makes a great summer and winter camper, sleeps 4 comfortable.
Any interest, pm me. Toys come and go. (thats what she says). :mad:

Desert Rat
03-07-2005, 02:30 PM
1st ***boat rule..
Do NOT spam without pictures!!! each and every time you do this god kills a kitten!! :sqeyes:

91nordic29
03-07-2005, 02:35 PM
pictures, please. and details$$$$$

Debbolas
03-07-2005, 02:37 PM
meyowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww(ack, ugh, ahhhh!!!!) :cry:

Mandelon
03-07-2005, 03:48 PM
1150 is a big one. What does it weigh? How do you tow anything that far behind the hitch?

Mike.A
03-08-2005, 06:57 AM
Sorry Kittens :cry:
Yes it is a big camper, It will be posted on rvtraderonline.com after today.
I tow our boat behind with a 4' super hitch extension. Camper weighs approx.
5000 lbs. loaded.
I have a Dodge Dually 3500 Diesal to haul the thing. So, truck payment + Storage Fees + Fuel + Insurance = 1 big FKNG payment.
Details: Full Wall Slide out, AC, Heat, Dual Batteries, Duel 7 gal. Propane, AM/FM CD Surround System, Microwave, 3 Burner Stove/oven, Awnings Rear/Side & over Slide out, 40 Gal. Fresh Tank, Overhead Bunk in Slide out,
Sleeps 5, Stable Lift Jack System (See Stablelift.com). Many other Standard Features.
I will try to post some pics in the next day or so.

mtndewdrops
03-08-2005, 08:51 AM
1150 is a big one. What does it weigh? How do you tow anything that far behind the hitch?
Hey, I still have a Class V TITAN Hitch for a Chevy and a 4' hitch extension for anyone interested. Got a pair of Firestone Airbags too.
Oh yea, good luck on selling the camper, I have been through that. Hopefully you won't loose your shirt on the deal.

Sherpa
03-08-2005, 09:14 AM
5k for just the camper weight loaded-? that's a big bastard.... I have a 87
Vacationeer 11 1/2.... fully self contained... Custom made Sherpa-hitch
extension, tows my 19 mastercraft just fine.... also towed my buddies
18' steel-decked 10K trailer with a built cj7 (loaded) on the deck.... boy that's
always a slow-show to be behind... we certainly don't break speed records,
(maybe some downhills :) but it get's me by.......
--Sherpa

Mike.A
03-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Yes it is a big camper,
I changed the injectors and installed the banks exhaust and no problems with speed. I cruise at 70 very comfortable, towing 22ft searay. Cruised over Vail pass on the way to Powell when we lived in CO. at 70 and still had plenty of pedal left to pass. Gotta love that Cummings Diesal, just have to hate the cost to fill it up now.

Mandelon
03-08-2005, 09:33 AM
5k for just the camper weight loaded-? that's a big bastard.... I have a 87
Vacationeer 11 1/2.... fully self contained... Custom made Sherpa-hitch
extension, tows my 19 mastercraft just fine.... also towed my buddies
18' steel-decked 10K trailer with a built cj7 (loaded) on the deck.... boy that's
always a slow-show to be behind... we certainly don't break speed records,
(maybe some downhills :) but it get's me by.......
--Sherpa
I think OverCab campers are a great compromise. You can still tow and have a fairly comfortable place to sleep and eat. You don't have to buy an expensive Motorhome with another engine, brakes and tranny to care for. The new ones are sick expensive, but used they aren't so bad. I'd move up to a newer one, but I think 9.5 feet is enough for me and my SRW truck.
I put an 89 Vacationeer 9.5 on my 3500 SRW CC Dmax Silverado. Towing my jeep flat or the Lavey I am able to go 75 up steep grades...I love it.

Sherpa
03-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Mandy,
does the 9.5 have a full bath-? 1.5 feet beyond the truck bed is pretty short
for a shower stall..... but then again, our shower has only been used once,
by my wife's girlfreind........ filled my grey water tank in 15 minutes... dummy.
Ours is called the "alumilite" series. all aluminum framing....
--Sherpa
cabovers all the best compromise. but, if you have 3 kids, 2 sleep in the
dinette bed, and one on hte floor.... I always get stuck against the damn
front cabover window........
looking for modest-used class "C"....... then I want to do a 4x4/power stroke
conversion on it.

Mandelon
03-08-2005, 10:55 AM
It has the shower, toilet, sink, fiberglass combo unit. You can sit on the commode and brush your teeth at the sink...at the same time. Its not big. We have two adults and two midsize kids. Three sleep on the big queen overcab bed and one on the dinette.

mtndewdrops
03-09-2005, 08:24 AM
It has the shower, toilet, sink, fiberglass combo unit. You can sit on the commode and brush your teeth at the sink...at the same time. Its not big. We have two adults and two midsize kids. Three sleep on the big queen overcab bed and one on the dinette.
Dude, you better up size that thing so you don't have to sleep with one of the kids. Then maybe you can use that privacy curtain.

Mike.A
03-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Gotta love that privacy curtain ;)
I think it is sound proof also, at least thats what the wife thinks. :D