PDA

View Full Version : BBF Sanger Super Jet Engine Mounts

Sanger Jet
03-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Where would I find rubber engine mounts for my BBF Sanger super jet?

Squirtin Thunder
03-08-2005, 10:11 AM
Where would I find rubber engine mounts for my BBF Sanger super jet?
Call me !!!
Jim
1-928-704-1158
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2311Sanger_Super_Jet.jpg

Nucking futs
03-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Get in the Zone, Auto Zone!!!!!!!
Sorry it was to tempting :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
03-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Get in the Zone, Auto Zone!!!!!!!
Sorry it was to tempting :cool:
Tim I actually thought about that myself.
Jim

Sanger Jet
03-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Call me !!!
Jim
1-928-704-1158
I will give you a call this week Thanks, Darren

Jake W2
03-08-2005, 06:03 PM
I have a question for you Sanger guys.Sanger was such a great flat bottom builder but put engine length stringers and 3 point engine mounts in their jets it just does not make any sents.
They never skimped on the flats so why the jets?
Jake

Sanger Jet
03-08-2005, 06:07 PM
I have a question for you Sanger guys.Sanger was such a great flat bottom builder but put engine length stringers and 3 point engine mounts in their jets it just does not make any sents.
Jake
More Room for Chicks :D

Squirtin Thunder
03-08-2005, 06:10 PM
More Room for Chicks :D
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64060

Jake W2
03-08-2005, 06:10 PM
4 point mounts and fulllength stringers would have nothing to do with room try agine. :frown:
Jake

Jake W2
03-08-2005, 06:16 PM
You guys want to know what the V drives guys say?
Jake

Jake W2
03-08-2005, 06:21 PM
OK not all at once :shift: they say it was faster,easier,cost less to build and could sell for the same price back in the jetboat craze of the 70s.What do you guys think ?
Jake

Squirtin Thunder
03-08-2005, 06:43 PM
OK not all at once :shift: they say it was faster,easier,cost less to build and could sell for the same price back in the jetboat craze of the 70s.What do you guys think ?
Jake
Why are you trying to start a fight ???

Squirtin Thunder
03-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Why are you trying to start a fight ???
Why are stringers always rotting and breaking ???
I have two Sangers here with no Hook Hmmmmmmmm :idea:
Most stringer boats have a hook from what has been said here on HB.
Rocker is good !!!
Jim

BK
03-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Ya know Jake I wonderd the same thing myself. My first boat was a Sanger SJ and I was very proud to own that boat but allways wonderd with the flats being such a quality no expense spared deal, why not the jets? They probley put a bunch of time into the transom ring/ride plate deal with berkely? Why stop there? I will say even with the shorty stringers and sub floor thats a very solid hull and I pounded the crap outa mine on Havesue a dozen times and never saw a stress crack on the hull anyware.

Squirtin Thunder
03-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Ya know Jake I wonderd the same thing myself. My first boat was a Sanger SJ and I was very proud to own that boat but allways wonderd with the flats being such a quality no expense spared deal, why not the jets? They probley put a bunch of time into the transom ring/ride plate deal with berkely? Why stop there? I will say even with the shorty stringers and sub floor thats a very solid hull and I pounded the crap outa mine on Havesue a dozen times and never saw a stress crack on the hull anyware.
Ya know the Super Jet is not as nice as the Custom Sprint Jet. There is a quality in workmanship differance between the two. But as bad as this Super Jet ( The Chainsaw Bait Project ) has been treated it is still very sound.
Jim

Jake W2
03-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Jim not trying to start a fight just wondered what you guys thought.
Bk I had a Tahiti even though I put full lenght strings in it I pounded the crap out of it hopped it out of the water a lot of times it was in that respect well built and you know the bad rap they have.
I think Sangers are really cool well built boats but why skimp on thoes two inportant things in a jet not the v drive version?
Jake

Squirtin Thunder
03-08-2005, 07:01 PM
Hold the phone Jake I have to eat I will be back latter.

LakesOnly
03-08-2005, 07:21 PM
I have a question for you Sanger guys. Sanger was such a great flat bottom builder but put engine length stringers and 3 point engine mounts in their jets it just does not make any sense.
Jake
Sort of a two-pronged answer:
1) Sanger made v-drives for 15-20 years before bringing out a jet boat (in reply to the jet boat craze). Most v-drives are set up for performance/racing and don't have the carpeting and the floors on the stringers, etc.; in Sanger v-drives too, the hull bottoms and stringers are exposed and so the detail & workmanship must be very clean as it is readily visible. This clean detail carried over into their jet boat stuff as this is how they were accustomed to laying up boats.
2) Even though the standard issue Sanger Jets didn't have full length stringers, the hulls are very thick and beefy as laid up, and so they are not in as much in need of full-length stringers as lighter boats that utilize them. The hull is structurally sound by way of the heavy lay-up.
In regards to the statement that Sanger was "such a great v-drive builder," well, I don't want to ruffle any feathers and I suppose this shouldn't as this is a forum: Sanger has been around since the 1950's and is very established and a very popular boat builder. I am under the impression that while Sanger is a very popular boat builder all the way back to their v-drive building days, they are not necessarily great flat bottom boats for the faster classes. Look at the flatbottom classes over 120+ and I believe you'll be seeing Di Marco's and Makos and Hondo's and Cole's. The Sangers don't have the stability of the other boats at the greater speeds. They build family ski v-drives and hydros, while the others manufacturers are primarily race boats.
Exception: The Sanger hydro (not ski hydro) is indeed a nice race boat.
LO

sanger rat
03-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Any idea why Sanger notched the stringers behind the motor in my hydro?

Squirtin Thunder
03-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Sort of a two-pronged answer:
1) Sanger made v-drives for 15-20 years before bringing out a jet boat (in reply to the jet boat craze). Most v-drives are set up for performance/racing and don't have the carpeting and the floors on the stringers, etc.; in Sanger v-drives too, the hull bottoms and stringers are exposed and so the detail & workmanship must be very clean as it is readily visible. This clean detail carried over into their jet boat stuff as this is how they were accustomed to laying up boats.
2) Even though the standard issue Sanger Jets didn't have full length stringers, the hulls are very thick and beefy as laid up, and so they are not in as much in need of full-length stringers as lighter boats that utilize them. The hull is structurally sound by way of the heavy lay-up.
1) Yes the Sanger Custom Sprint is very nice under the carpet, flow coated and very clean !!!
2) The Sanger Super Jet (about 750lbs) is about twice as thick as the Custom Sprint Jet (about 425 - 475lbs). The floor is a very important part of the hull.
Jake !!!
One of the reasons there are not full stringers in alot of jets is that there is no need for the. They don't need to bolt the Vdrive to anything !!!
Jim

Jake W2
03-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Lakes never said anything about speed I was under the imp that the Cole and Hondo T decks were the flats(runners) to have for speed.
Jim you cant tell me a short stringer sub floor boat will be as stright as a full length stringer boat.
Lakes did hit on one important point ;) .
Jake

Squirtin Thunder
03-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Lakes never said anything about speed I was under the imp that the Cole and Hondo T decks were the flats(runners) to have for speed.
Jim you cant tell me a short stringer sub floor boat will be as stright as a full length stringer boat.
Lakes did hit on one important point ;) .
Jake
Come on now how many strieght peices of wood have you found over 10 years old. The Ply Wood floor will not efect the running surface because it is conected to the outward lifting strake.

Jake W2
03-08-2005, 08:49 PM
Jim I am cool with what ever.Just to hang some parts on hugh.
But still not convenced ,one of the Southwind boys tried to convence me of the same thing till his brother said other wise.
Jake