PDA

View Full Version : rail kit

fleetimus
03-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Ijust ordered a rail kit. Anodize or powder coat?????????

Jetdriver
03-08-2005, 12:05 PM
My vote is for Powder!

Taylorman
03-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Powder, it will cover an imperfections in the metal.

BrendellaJet
03-08-2005, 12:30 PM
Polish it!

superdave013
03-08-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm an anodize guy myself.

Sanger D
03-08-2005, 01:38 PM
whats the color shceme of the boat and whats the other hardware like,I would polish it then zoop seal it!!!( if the other stuff is polished or chrome),if not then I would say coat it if its light colors,anodize if its dark!!!

Taylorman
03-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Polish and clear powdercoat it.
What is zoop seal?

Hustler
03-08-2005, 01:51 PM
whats the color shceme of the boat and whats the other hardware like,I would polish it then zoop seal it!!!( if the other stuff is polished or chrome),if not then I would say coat it if its light colors,anodize if its dark!!!
by his avatar I'm going to say he has a muddy kinda brown color scheme going :D
I like shiney stuff but hate to clean it so I would probably go with a anodize

Danhercules
03-08-2005, 08:29 PM
by his avatar I'm going to say he has a muddy kinda brown color scheme going :D
NICE!!!

Jet Hydro
03-08-2005, 09:23 PM
I like shiney stuff but hate to clean it so I would probably go with a anodize
True Dat ;)

NELSON#109
03-08-2005, 10:44 PM
ive run anodized, powdercoated, and polished. polished is a mfer to maintain, i wont even run polished in my drag boat. anodized looks cool if all your hardware is done in the same batch, but it does fade after a couple years. ive been powdercoating all my junk for the last few yrs now. i have a powdercoater that has done two boats for me, over 100 pieces, in medium Candy blue... it looked sweet, and lasted out in the weather for two years w/ no fade. im doing my drag boat right now in a dark candy blue w/ a light matalic chrome base, and im doing Nukinfuts boat in Candy purple. i paid $450 for the 1st 2 boats i did, including all prep work (sandblast, clean. ect.) i ordered a crazy color for my cp tunnel, so all said and done ill pay $450 for it, $175 was for the material. Futs boat should be less than $300. if you find a good powdercoater, they can give you a huge variety of colors and whatnot. i looked at about 30 + different color / base combos in all sorts of matalics & candys. the stuff is supper durable and cleanup is as easy as wax & go. ive got a great hookup in Ventura, Ca. if anyone is interested, pm me. when i do a boat, i do every thing, down to the smallest parts, and the prices have been great. good luck...

RCB19
03-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Polish it then have it "Hard Black Anodized". It is a different process than regular anodizing and it will last the test of time. It doesn't fade or chip. Looks cool too. Most blower companies coat their pullys with the stuff. Just had my new rails done with it. Good luck.