PDA

View Full Version : Hey Jet Hydro

taylormanss
03-08-2005, 09:44 PM
Hey who did you contact about the bikini shoot?cause we would love to have you come down here to this event,just like we want omega to come also and have a good time and meet other ***boaters.
taylormanss......................

Jet Hydro
03-08-2005, 09:53 PM
Renee@mcqueeneybikini.com

taylormanss
03-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Area you still interested in coming down?

Jet Hydro
03-08-2005, 09:57 PM
Not sure cause I have a few other things going on right now with the showing of the boat.

taylormanss
03-08-2005, 10:04 PM
There's a couple of guys who are in charge of setting everything up.If you look in the previous posts on the event you need to contact: cookieman,or borderlinecrazy,and they can get you the pre-registration forms and the rest of the info you need.I know Renee is very busy right now getting ready for this event,and I'm sure she didn't mean to blow you off.At first they didn't expect to get the kind of turnout they are getting from all of us ***boaters,I'm sure if you contact one of the guys they will help you in anyway they can.I'm not one of the organizers of the event but feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns and I will get the answers for you.
Randall taylormanss Ross......................

taylormanss
03-08-2005, 10:10 PM
got any pics of your boat there are two hydro jets down here near corpus christi one is a sanger the other is a hondo.
taylormanss.........................

Jet Hydro
03-08-2005, 10:22 PM
I was just gona do it for a showing for my sponsors but I`m waiting on a few other things now that might pay me to do a weekend set-up. I do a few displays and car shows every now and them just to keep my sponsors in the open eye. If that weekend comes open I might do it but time`s a ticking now. I`m not sure what we have going on as of yet. Some of these people don't tell me tell they want me there until I only have 3 or 4 day`s to get ready...errrrrrr
That`s why I sent in the e mail before I started booking stuff. If I remember right it`s a week or so before Waco ?
Here`s what it look`s like
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/502/4213P1020004.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/502/4213P1020003.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213P1010901.JPG

taylormanss
03-08-2005, 10:35 PM
That must have been a popular color,because both of these down here are yellow.

Jet Hydro
03-08-2005, 10:36 PM
I was going to repaint it but Duane from Hi-Tech told me to leave it the way it was ....lol

taylormanss
03-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Are you going to the bricktown nationals in OKC this year?I'm originally from OKC,I'm thinking of taking my centurion tunnel up there if it is ready in time for it!I've still got kin up there.I remember as a kid going out to lake overholster and watching the dragboats and the circle boats compete,I always loved it when my parents took me out there!

Jet Hydro
03-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Yep that`s in the plan.
The last time I raced overholster I got wet...lol They knocked me out of my boat on the unloading ramp and gave me the name Scuba Steve. They said if I couldn't get wet racing a Jet Hydro they would make me wet at the ramp...LMAO it`s funny now but it wasn't that day...lol

taylormanss
03-08-2005, 10:51 PM
there's one boat that I remember out of all the boats that raced there and it was a hydro sponsored by leo's or leon's bbq.I believe it was leo's because it was right down the street from where I lived.

taylormanss
03-08-2005, 10:55 PM
well I'm outta here .I gotta get up early and guard the coast down here in Port Arthur,Tx. If you decide to go to the bikini shoot let us know, later
Randall taylormanss Ross is STUCK IN PORT ARTHUR............................

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
03-09-2005, 05:01 AM
Hey who did you contact about the bikini shoot?cause we would love to have you come down here to this event,just like we want omega to come also and have a good time and meet other ***boaters.
taylormanss......................
I will be there representing the yellow boats :) I will be there! I really suck at this internet stuff.......you should come jethydro. Us texas boys ain't all that bad :wink: :220v:
Omega

sdba069
03-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Hey Steve........... Your old Hydro is looking pretty good. About the color, I owned one of the old Hondo Jet Hydro's several years ago, about 1979, and I remember that all of them I ever saw were that same color, including mine. It never ran for sh$$, but it did look cool. But back then, you couldn't have convinced me that it didn't run 150 MPH, 70 being closer to real numbers. Well, it felt 150, anyway. By the way, that was with a tunnel ram, two 850's, roller cammed LS-7. Same motor ran 11.40's at 87 mph in my first TX-19, an original Jim Youngblood boat, black and silver metalflake. What's left of that one is scattered all over the side of Highway 19 about 10 miles east of Chickasha, Ok., thanks to one of my good ole buddies, but that's another story.

OkieDave
03-14-2005, 06:04 AM
I raced my first boat at Overholster in about 1986. It was when SDBA ran mph brackets and my old Hawaiin ran exactly 70. I got a first place trophy at my first event. :wink:

sdba069
03-14-2005, 08:16 AM
I was there with my boat hanging out with Ledford and his Comp Jet Cheyenne. I have a few pictures from one of the 2 races at Overholtser that year. Believe that was the year that Ledford set the mph record in Comp Jet at 121.29.

Jet Hydro
03-25-2005, 06:53 AM
Hey Steve........... Your old Hydro is looking pretty good.
Thanks Gary, right now it look`s like hell setting in the shop all winter. You know what stuff look`s like after it set`s in a body shop...lol..
OK, I might come down???? What lake is it at? If I remember right it`s 4/16?

borderlinecrazy
03-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Canyon Lake,...between Austin and San Antonio, west of I-35 about 17 miles.
Most of us will show up on the 15th and leave Sunday afternoon. We have about 47 boats confirmed right now from all over the state of Texas and I believe a handfull from other states. You do not have to pre-register to attend, it only helps to get you in the park and shirts and food and stuff.
I can send you a form if you want one: borderlinecrazy@delrio.com
This will also become a 2006 calender of ***boats and Babes which will be sold at Jetfest 2005 and all over the state. ***boat magazine has said they will do an article on the event if we provide the pics, no prob there.
Nice boat.............

Jet Hydro
03-27-2005, 04:53 PM
I just picked up a motor home over the weekend so I`ll check it out and if it look`s like it can make the trip I might try it. I`ll know more in a week or so, I`ll let you know one way or the other.