PDA

View Full Version : any ideas for a quick release driveline cover?

berk
03-08-2005, 10:45 PM
got a grease flinger here! i need a flywheel cover too, might be integrated? any ideas and or pics would be muc appreciated. :idea:

berk
03-08-2005, 10:47 PM
oh yeah its a sbc with a H bar and berk pump.

moneysucker
03-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Try lightning manufacturing for both

Danhercules
03-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Cardboard froma Coors LIght 30 pack. Looks chrome. :p
I use it after I grease, but I dont sling grease all the time.

1978 Rogers
03-09-2005, 07:48 AM
Cardboard froma Coors LIght 30 pack. Looks chrome. :p
I use it after I grease, but I dont sling grease all the time.
What a great way to recycle. American Ingenuity. :D

berk
03-09-2005, 09:47 PM
yeah too bad i dont drink that schitt. why anyone would pay micro price for macro rice is beyond me. :confused: if i did it would be a great idea though! ohh but carboard and water? well back to the gene pool for ya.

berk
03-09-2005, 09:49 PM
Try lightning manufacturing for both
couldnt find em, do you have a city or keyword for me? thanks

Nubbs
03-09-2005, 10:21 PM
I don't know if you'll understand this, but I took two pieces of aluminum tubing and cut a slit in them lengthwise. I then opened them up a bit to "C" shapes and clamped them around the bearing housing on the pump. The pieces also overlapped so no grease would get out. I thought I had a pic, but I couldn't find it.
Nubbs

Fogged Gullwing
03-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Lake elsinore CA.

Danhercules
03-10-2005, 07:16 AM
yeah too bad i dont drink that schitt. why anyone would pay micro price for macro rice is beyond me. :confused: if i did it would be a great idea though! ohh but carboard and water? well back to the gene pool for ya.
Did ya read the whole thing or just pick works? Talk about back to the gene pool.
I use it for the 1st run to catch the grease after I fill it up. :hammer2:

Taylorman
03-10-2005, 08:07 AM
www.boatheaders.com

1978 Rogers
03-10-2005, 08:26 AM
The third item down on the page is what I have covering my driveline and it can handle getting a little water on it. :D
http://harmanmarine.com/newsite/Library/pp/07.pdf

Heatseeker
03-10-2005, 12:24 PM
Here's how I did mine:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/99Dscf0009.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/99Dscf0008.jpg
I went to OSH and bought the aluminum sheetmetal dryer ducting and accompanying hose clamp. I cut out two pieces and wrapped them around the bearing housing. I then clamped the two pieces to the bearing housing. I added some rubber edge trim I had laying around to dress it up a little. Cheap(about $8) and easy!
It won't contain a broken driveline, but it sure keeps the grease from getting all over everything!!!

berk
03-10-2005, 05:29 PM
nice work guys. i was thinking something thats even quicker to check/sevice because if it takes a tool or any amount of time i will probably neglect the poor thing until it grenades.

likwidsukr
03-10-2005, 05:36 PM
LOL I think :(

Squirtcha?
03-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Here's how I did mine:
It won't contain a broken driveline, but it sure keeps the grease from getting all over everything!!!
More importantly than that......................if you ski or pull skiers, tubers etc. and handle ropes around the back, it'll prevent em from getting wrapped around the driveline. Of course we should all be shutting em down prior to getting a skier out of the water, but if you were in a hurry and risked it even one time ???
Can you imagine what would happen if a coil got wrapped around someone's leg or arm and then caught in the drive? Even spinning at idle, it'd probably end up in a lost limb for that unfortunate individual.

Heatseeker
03-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Good point Squirtcha!

berk
03-10-2005, 08:05 PM
More importantly than that......................if you ski or pull skiers, tubers etc. and handle ropes around the back, it'll prevent em from getting wrapped around the driveline. Of course we should all be shutting em down prior to getting a skier out of the water, but if you were in a hurry and risked it even one time ???
Can you imagine what would happen if a coil got wrapped around someone's leg or arm and then caught in the drive? Even spinning at idle, it'd probably end up in a lost limb for that unfortunate individual.
eeeewwwwww! ya didnt think of that but have thought about vdrives and what happens if one of those drivelines flies away, theres 2 right beside you in the boat! seems like it could hurt people and sink ya too! anyone heard of this?

PC Rat
03-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Mine is like the two half circles with a piece of piano hinge between them so that they open kind of like a clam shell.
Brian

Fogged Gullwing
03-10-2005, 10:24 PM
here's a quick one Pull the pin on the grenade and dive twords the shore!!~!!! :skull:
BK