PDA

View Full Version : Duramax Suburban

RexRathburn
03-09-2005, 09:38 AM
My friend here at work said his wife saw a Duramax Suburban in Temecula yesterday! She talked to the guy at a gas station and he was stoked on it. So, my friend called the company. Apparently, this guy in Colorado is doing conversions. He said they are almost done with another one.
Check it out here:
http://www.blwilliamsllc.com/duramax.html

Havasu Hangin'
03-09-2005, 09:41 AM
I saw this on OSO, too.
I guess the guy sources a used Sub, and does the conversion. I guess you get a used Sub for around $50K, though.

UnionJack
03-09-2005, 09:49 AM
He sells them on ebay....

Jordy
03-09-2005, 09:57 AM
This was just posted over on Havasu Doug's board as well. As HH said, you get a used 3 or 4 year old suburban with a used engine and transmission (I believe the guy was getting them from the wrecking yard) for more than the cost of a brand new gasser. Personally, if you have any mechanical skills at all, it's a matter of adding a body lift and then swapping out an engine, transmission and computer with the possibility of a little fab work and some minor modification, like driveline length. I've seen low mileage Duramax/Allison combos with all the electronics in the $5K range on the net and on ebay. It would be a good project for a do it yourself guy. :D

HavasuDreamin'
03-09-2005, 11:41 AM
with the possibility of a little fab work and some minor modification. It would be a good project for a do it yourself guy.
:rolleyes: :2purples: :messedup:

Norseman
03-09-2005, 04:03 PM
This was just posted over on Havasu Doug's board as well. As HH said, you get a used 3 or 4 year old suburban with a used engine and transmission (I believe the guy was getting them from the wrecking yard) for more than the cost of a brand new gasser. Personally, if you have any mechanical skills at all, it's a matter of adding a body lift and then swapping out an engine, transmission and computer with the possibility of a little fab work and some minor modification, like driveline length. I've seen low mileage Duramax/Allison combos with all the electronics in the $5K range on the net and on ebay. It would be a good project for a do it yourself guy. :D
Jordy;
I'm planning on doing something similar with my F350 Crewcab, I want to put a Cummins in it.
It's a fairly straight forward swap. There are even companies that sell conversion kits for those that do not want to fab mounts and stuff themselves....
Shit if 4 year old Surburbans with diesels in them are selling for $50K, I may have found a new business!!
Bob

Lightning
03-09-2005, 04:07 PM
The questions that needs to be answered, can you bring them into CA???? and get them registered.

Just Tool'n
03-10-2005, 06:36 AM
The questions that needs to be answered, can you bring them into CA???? and get them registered.
I would think it would need to go to the state smog referee, once they look it over & it meets all requirements for the emissions on the year of the diesel & it has all applicapble emissions control devices on it it could be legallly registered in calif.

SoCalHD
03-10-2005, 11:22 AM
So who wants to help me yank the 6.0 out of my chevy HD and put the D-Max in it???LOL

Havasu Hangin'
03-10-2005, 12:29 PM
At least you guys didn't get 1 MILE PER GALLON up the Chiraco grade last summer...
:notam: