PDA

View Full Version : Try and reason with a chimp....

Freak
03-09-2005, 10:44 AM
I does not say it in the article but the woman was interviewed and she said the when the chimps began the attack the man tried to reason with them. Reason with them? Right. "now now mr chimp you dont want to do that"
I think I would be acting like a lunatic. Sad story.
http://news4colorado.com/topstories/topstories_story_062210945.html

barbigrl
03-09-2005, 10:50 AM
I remember when it was a big deal when they took the monkey out of his home in Covina. My firm is the attonrey for Loma linda hosp, so I heard about this when it happned. Horrible story!! :frown:

gnarley
03-09-2005, 11:03 AM
I posted the story last week. http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72539 He also had a foot torn off and his testicles ripped off. I met the guy in the early 90's when racing in the Winston West Series. He raced and was always a back marker and used to bring Moe to the races, they were a strange couple.
I don't know what's worse, loosing your nose or balls :eek:

dupers
03-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Wow! That sucks! Has anyone heard how that poor bastard is doing after that attack?

Freak
03-09-2005, 11:09 AM
I posted the story last week. http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72539 He also had a foot torn off and his testicles ripped off. I met the guy in the early 90's when racing in the Winston West Series. He raced and was always a back marker and used to bring Moe to the races, they were a strange couple.
I don't know what's worse, loosing your nose or balls :eek:
Sorry for steppin on your toes gn. The guy is in some bad shape.

Phat Matt
03-09-2005, 11:14 AM
I heard the kept the monkey in a 6'x6' cage. I would be pissed to if I had to stay in that prison. About him reasoning with the chimps. I heard he stuck his hands in his pockets after they started biting his fingers off, but they pulled on his arms and kept eating. They attacked his wife first and he tried to stop them. That has got to suck! :supp:

gnarley
03-09-2005, 11:16 AM
Sorry for steppin on your toes gn. The guy is in some bad shape.
No problem :lightsabe :D Some people may have missed it. It just sounds to unbelievable to have happened and I knew the guy. It's interesting how a decision made almost 40 years before has almost come back to take his life.

Freak
03-09-2005, 11:18 AM
I heard the kept the monkey in a 6'x6' cage. I would be pissed to if I had to stay in that prison. About him reasoning with the chimps. I heard he stuck his hands in his pockets after they started biting his fingers off, but they pulled on his arms and kept eating. They attacked his wife first and he tried to stop them. That has got to suck! :supp:
From what she said they would bring their chimp a cake every year for his birthday. Chimps have a very jealous gene. The other two got jealous, broke out and mauled the guy. F'in scary.

rrrr
03-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Yow!
I was at the Ft. Worth zoo years ago, watching the monkeys. A redneck was teasing a gibbon with some peanuts. Gibbons are small, long limbed monkeys, prolly 2 1/2-3 feet tall.
The goober with the goobers was holding the peanut about four inches from the cage when suddenly the gibbon reached out, grabbed his hand, and jerked. The guy was partially pulled over a railing and against the bars, then managed to get his arm out of the cage before the monkey took it off.
All this from a monkey that weighed no more than 30lbs. They are strong little bastards.....

a catered life
03-09-2005, 12:50 PM
all i can say is WTF?

thesunking
03-09-2005, 03:33 PM
I does not say it in the article but the woman was interviewed and she said the when the chimps began the attack the man tried to reason with them. Reason with them? Right. "now now mr chimp you dont want to do that"
I think I would be acting like a lunatic. Sad story.
http://news4colorado.com/topstories/topstories_story_062210945.html
He's a landmark in the West Covina, Covina area. If you're ever in the area swing by his house. You can't miss it, he's got a bunch of signs that say "bring Moe home", and you can also sign a petition. Traveling on the I-10 freeway exit at Vincent proceed north with house located on Vincent between Workman and Puente Ave.
BTW-The way I read and understood the story, it was two female chimps that rushed the couple after arriving and caressing Moe for his birthday. Goes to show how jealousy can destroy, both females shot and killed!