PDA

View Full Version : Drive line ?

Taylorman
03-09-2005, 10:49 AM
How many different drivelines do they have for a BBC. I picked up a used on the other day with a 3 point mount. Im now considering a rail kit with a driveline cover. Will the drive line work with both type of motor mounts?

BrendellaJet
03-09-2005, 11:08 AM
I dont think the driveline cares what type of mounts you are using.

Taylorman
03-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Ok, let me reword that so you can reply with an un-sarcastic comment. Im wondering if you would use the same length drive line with a 3 point bellhousing as you would with a rail kit.

Jim Brock
03-09-2005, 11:43 AM
you can use any drive line on a rail kit, some 3 point mounts take a short drive line and some take a longer drive line, Jim

NELSON#109
03-09-2005, 12:30 PM
all of the above!!! you can use the same driveline, but it will determine where you place the moter... that most likely wont be a problem. if you are not happy with where the moter will have to be placed, then you will have to change the DL. but depending on what your putting togather, a small change in placement wont really matter... good luck

BrendellaJet
03-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Ok, let me reword that so you can reply with an un-sarcastic comment. Im wondering if you would use the same length drive line with a 3 point bellhousing as you would with a rail kit.
As you can see by others posts, that wasn't sarcasm, but truth. :yuk: