PDA

View Full Version : Hydrolic trim issues

Fashun
03-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Unfortunatly, before I put my boat away for the winter, I could not get my trim to raise the lower unit while moving. All the electronics of the trim have been tested and work fine. The cover is coming off this weekend and I would like to fix this ASAP (bravo I) What could this be? What is the easiest way to find and fix this problem? How do I test this without water, the lakes are still ice. I would appreciate any advice that is helpful. Thanks

Havasu Hangin'
03-10-2005, 05:13 AM
Does the trim pump run when you push the switch?

Fashun
03-10-2005, 05:54 AM
The pump runs, and yes it has fluid. If you at the sandbar somone can stand on it for weight and it works fine. I have to slow down right to planing speed to get it to trim up while moving. We have spent the last few cold weather outings tweeking the engine install, so we have not looked into this issue that far yet.
Is there some sort of limiter switch or something that could be interfeariing with my trim while in motion.

Havasu Hangin'
03-10-2005, 06:59 AM
Well, that's kinda unusual. Most of the time, the pump will run, but not have enough hydraulic pressure to hold the drive down- not the opposite. :supp:
It sounds like the check valves in the pump are sticking? It might be time for a new (or rebuilt) one. :idea:

Fashun
03-10-2005, 08:01 AM
I will pull the pump out and check things out, I'll probably pressure test the lines for leaks. I appreciate the advice. I know electronics, but not the most knowledgable with the mechanical side of things. I have a place to start now. Thanks again.

Havasu Hangin'
03-10-2005, 08:12 AM
I will pull the pump out and check things out, I'll probably pressure test the lines for leaks. I appreciate the advice. I know electronics, but not the most knowledgable with the mechanical side of things. I have a place to start now. Thanks again.
I'm not an expert by any means, but I believe those pumps have two main moving parts- a pump and a solenoid that cotrols the flow. The valves that are actuated by the solenoid sound like the suspect area...but that's just a guess.

mike37
03-11-2005, 06:49 AM
get a new pump unless your good at tacking tings apart
but the real trick is getting it back together