PDA

View Full Version : Jet pump bracing

Fogged Gullwing
03-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Does anyone make a prefabbed one??
I am currently machineless and need one. Is someone making a universal one that I can fit between my stringer width? or do I need to make it myself as usual!!!
BK

ARS Marine inc.east
03-10-2005, 05:03 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=66693
Are you talking like this
If you Give me Dimensions I could Cut it out of Aluminum on the Machine.

Vern S
03-10-2005, 06:51 AM
I need one as well.

Jet Hydro
03-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Duane at Hi-Tech has some with his rail kit`s. Might give him a call and see if he`s sales just the brace.
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/BBC_Rail_Kit.jpg

Cs19
03-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Universal pump brace?
Chances are good that a "universal" brace isnt going to turn out the way you would want it, and if your drilling holes in your stringers for this "universal" brace, well that doesnt sound like a smart thing to do, Id rather see something get built for your particular boat.

Fogged Gullwing
03-10-2005, 02:23 PM
Guess your right chris Time break out the band saw. The only bummer is finding aluminum plate around here. Guess I'll have to drive to burbank again.
Thanks ARS for the offer.
BK

Duane HTP
03-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Would you all like to see dementions on the two braces we build?

Duane HTP
03-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Would you all like to see the dementions on the two standard braces we make?

Fogged Gullwing
03-10-2005, 09:32 PM
yes Duane I would like that very much!!!!
Thanks BK

Fogged Gullwing
03-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Well Chris, If Duane makes one it should not be universal at all and with all of of his other stuff it should be top notch!!!!! I still can't stop staring at my jet a way!!!!! Thanks Duane!!
BK

Jet Hydro
03-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Here`s one of Duane's bolted to my stringer. I don't have a rail kit in the Hydro yet.
Who would have ever thought a universal one would have fit in a hydro ????? ;) Same one fit`s in my SJ Taylor among other boats.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4213208P1020200-med.jpg

BrendellaJet
03-11-2005, 06:30 AM
Question-
Whats the purpose of supporting it at the front of the intake. Seems like you would want to support above the loader mounting pad and maybe around the pump shaft too before the front of th eintake...
Someone enlighten me please.

Vern S
03-11-2005, 06:47 AM
I'm interested too Duane.
Thanks

Jet Hydro
03-11-2005, 08:39 AM
there`s this same topic on Banderlog from about a month a go. This should tell you the why`s on pump bracing
Most all boat hulls flex some under power. Especially when in rough water. You're out there trying to control 19' of boat with 2' of leverage, (the amount of the pump behind he fulcrum). [fulcrum/basically at the back of the opening of the shoe or transom]. This flexing is why you always leave some slack between the drive line yoke and the pump front bearing. This flexing gets worse as the HP goes up. It can get so severe, that it cracks the intake away from the hull. It will also cause a boat to come unhooked on the big end. It usually starts on the leading edges of the intake. Wouldn't even think of running a race boat without one. Have one in my lake boat too. Take a look at where your intake meets the hull. If you can see even a small crack in the epoxy between the hull and the metal intake, your boat is flexing. That is why.