PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone ??

LHC Kirby
04-23-2006, 08:21 PM
The wife and I are ready to upgrade our Cell phones -we have Verizon and will stay with them.
Does anyone have any good/bad advise on these Phones - we like these choices.
Razr V3c :) and the same phone "in Pink" :p
LG VX8100 V Cast music
LG The V (9800?)
Samsung SCH-A950 V Cast Music
Any advise would be nice to hear. :rollside: If you notice any "Coverage issues" while in Havazoo with a paricular phone please let us know...
Have a great day!

Throttle
04-23-2006, 08:23 PM
cingular has a new one I think, thinner than the razor... :idea:
don't know who makes it, saw a commercial or somethin... it might have had a pretty girl that caught my eye...

tcook33
04-23-2006, 08:24 PM
No matter what you get, they'll have a smaller, better, cheaper one tomorrow. :)

LHC Kirby
04-23-2006, 08:30 PM
cingular has a new one I think, thinner than the razor... :idea:
don't know who makes it, saw a commercial or somethin... it might have had a pretty girl that caught my eye...
Cameron thanks for the great advise !! that really helps! PUT DOWN THE BEER and stand away from the computer!

LHC Kirby
04-23-2006, 08:31 PM
No matter what you get, they'll have a smaller, better, cheaper one tomorrow. :)
SSSSOOOO TRUE . . . computers and Phones, you know when I have a new one - because the better one comes out the next day!

Throttle
04-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Cameron thanks for the great advise !! that really helps! PUT DOWN THE BEER and stand away from the computer!
no beer, I am at work today... but that is funny.

TrojanDan
04-23-2006, 11:15 PM
The wife and I are ready to upgrade our Cell phones -we have Verizon and will stay with them.
LG VX8100 V Cast music
Any advise would be nice to hear. :rollside: If you notice any "Coverage issues" while in Havazoo with a paricular phone please let us know...
Have a great day!
I'm on Verizon's upgrade every two year plan and ordered the LG VX8100. Make sure you buy it on line because they sometimes have better deals then in their stores. I rec'd the phone in about two days and programmed it over the phone.
I have a house on the Southside of LHC and my street is between two hillsides. With my old LG phone I had to stand on my driveway and by standing on my left leg only, I usually got ok reception. Now, with the LG 8100, I can walk around anywhere in the house and talk on the phone.
The 1.3 megapixel camera is a pretty cool option as well as the video recording.
So far I am pretty happy with the phone. :cool:

HammerDown
04-24-2006, 04:34 AM
Great reviews here...www.phonescoop.com
The 8100 had some issues just a few months ago but better now.
General feedback even from Verizon techs say the Moto E815 (still) seems to be the phone to have.
A friend took 3 Razors back.

MUDXPRT
04-24-2006, 05:25 AM
my family have 3 of the 8100's and a razor and no problems at all. My friend works for verizon and really likes the 8100.

Mrs. Grunion
04-24-2006, 07:00 AM
Razr V3c :) and the same phone "in Pink" :p
LG VX8100 V Cast music
LG The V (9800?)
Samsung SCH-A950 V Cast Music
Have a great day!
I worked for Verizon for three years and the Motorolas have really gone down hill and have been nothing but problems. The LGs have been the best phones for a few years. The 8100 I know is a very good phone but will be discontinued shortly which means that it may be harder to find replacements and accessories for it after a little while. Any LG will probably be your best bet. Then maybe followed by the Samsung.

frdvschvy
04-24-2006, 07:04 AM
I would stay away from the Samsung 950 if you are concerned about coverage in Havasu. The phone has an internal antenna, and sometimes gets a bit of a weaker signal than the 8100 or E815.

dm25advantage
04-24-2006, 07:25 AM
i have a cell shop in simi valley, ca
stand away from the samsung 950 and lg vx9800, great phones feature wise but service is ok not great. the motorola e815 has not let me down. i have customers that have issues about service in areas and i would tell him try the e815. they call me back and say they love that phone. the e815 has the same features as the samsung 950 and lg 8100.there is trial period on the phones, so get the phone u like. u can return it and try another one. call me if u have any questions
young@visionwireless
8055272222 shop number.