PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey Batteries

jbtrailerjim
03-10-2005, 06:38 AM
I am stepping up and upgrading my batteries that power my system in my boat, to a set of Odyssey PC-2150S batteries. How many seasons can I expect to get out of these? I want to take care of these things and get the most life as possible out of em. Any advice from the Hot Boat stereo guru's is appreciated. :cool:

ROZ
03-10-2005, 12:10 PM
PM evo22 for the hookup ;) :D :cool:

jbtrailerjim
03-10-2005, 03:53 PM
PM evo22 for the hookup ;) :D :cool:
I already have a good hook up for them unless Evo22 can get them really cheap. I know they retail for about $238 a piece and my source is getting me them for quite a bit cheaper than that.

Evo22
03-10-2005, 06:30 PM
hit me up to see what i can do :rollside:

h2oski2fast
03-15-2005, 08:16 PM
Maintenance on those batteries are simple, they dont like to sit around without a charge. If they do the best way to bring them back to life is with a Battery Tender charger. If the batteries are not up to par, they don't like charged with an alternator.

INSman
03-15-2005, 09:31 PM
4 year warranty ;)

BADASS38CHEVY
03-15-2005, 09:37 PM
I already have a good hook up for them unless Evo22 can get them really cheap. I know they retail for about $238 a piece and my source is getting me them for quite a bit cheaper than that.
Can you pm me with price.i need 3 of the 1700s.thanks.

Phat Matt
03-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Have you thought about getting one of these instead.
Lifeline 8D (http://www.lifelinebatteries.com/rvflyer.php?id=8)
475 minutes of reseve time (25 amp load)
The 1700's have 142 minutes X 3 = 426 minutes. Still not as much as one of the others. And these would be about 20lbs heavier. Just a thought because I have been looking into the Lifeline myself. Anyone else have any input?

ROZ
03-16-2005, 09:45 AM
The 1700's have 142 minutes X 3 = 426 minutes. Still not as much as one of the others. And these would be about 20lbs heavier. Just a thought because I have been looking into the Lifeline myself. Anyone else have any input?
Both Shadow and LocoGringo use them without any problems... They are BIG though...

Cole Trickle
03-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Both Shadow and LocoGringo use them without any problems... They are BIG though...
ROZ,
How long do you think one of those would last running say 1200watts at Sandbar volume?
Brandin

h2oski2fast
03-16-2005, 05:54 PM
I'd be interested how many times you can 0 cycle those batteries before you have throw them away. That one of the pluses of the Oddyssey bats.

Phat Matt
03-16-2005, 10:54 PM
I'd be interested how many times you can 0 cycle those batteries before you have throw them away. That one of the pluses of the Oddyssey bats.
It's an AGM RV deep cycle battery. Aren't they made to do that?

Evo22
03-17-2005, 07:43 PM
do u need battery boxes as well???

shadow
03-17-2005, 08:39 PM
ROZ,
How long do you think one of those would last running say 1200watts at Sandbar volume?
Brandin ALL WEEKEND!!!! ;)
I'm running about 5,000 watts and usually have it cranked all day.
All day meaning 8hrs @ wot.Have been using these batteries for about 3yrs now and have never had a problem and have yet to run across someone who has batteries that can keep up.I ran one for about a yr and 1/2 for stereo only and a optima for the boat.then shit canned the optima and put in a second.I can crank a full weekend without a charge.Although i usually throw a charger on at night just for maint.supposed to last 10 yrs.The only down fall is the size and weight.Size and weight are not a concern to me as we will not be winning any races anytime soon and i've got the space.I tried 4 optimas in the beginning and they lasted less than an hr At volume.Figure 4 optimas weight around the same as one of these batteries.I've seen alot of different setups to power systems out there and everybody has thier own idea of what is best.It's just a matter of what works for your particular set up.

shadow
03-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Been cycling these batteries every weekend for 3 seasons and neglecting them in the off season and still kicking ass.The lifelines were originally designed and used in neculear submarines.Now they are used in cruise ships instead of generators rooms.Just banks of lifelines.no emissions and lower maint.Also using them in tour buses instead of generators.

Cole Trickle
03-18-2005, 07:04 AM
ALL WEEKEND!!!! ;)
I'm running about 5,000 watts and usually have it cranked all day.
All day meaning 8hrs @ wot.Have been using these batteries for about 3yrs now and have never had a problem and have yet to run across someone who has batteries that can keep up.I ran one for about a yr and 1/2 for stereo only and a optima for the boat.then shit canned the optima and put in a second.I can crank a full weekend without a charge.Although i usually throw a charger on at night just for maint.supposed to last 10 yrs.The only down fall is the size and weight.Size and weight are not a concern to me as we will not be winning any races anytime soon and i've got the space.I tried 4 optimas in the beginning and they lasted less than an hr At volume.Figure 4 optimas weight around the same as one of these batteries.I've seen alot of different setups to power systems out there and everybody has thier own idea of what is best.It's just a matter of what works for your particular set up.
Thanks for the info!
I got a close up look of your boat at the upper sandbar last summer and it's sick to say the least!
You were parked next to the green cat and the two of you were railing the same satelite radio station.
I never knew a system in a boat could make your chest hurt but yours was doing a very good job of it.(Very impressive considering the open air enviroment)
I might have talked to you for a minute or so...(Sitting on your swim step with a custom alluminum ice chest throwing back some silver sodas?)
How much does one of those batteries go for?
Brandin

shadow
03-18-2005, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the info!
I got a close up look of your boat at the upper sandbar last summer and it's sick to say the least!
You were parked next to the green cat and the two of you were railing the same satelite radio station.
I never knew a system in a boat could make your chest hurt but yours was doing a very good job of it.(Very impressive considering the open air enviroment)
I might have talked to you for a minute or so...(Sitting on your swim step with a custom alluminum ice chest throwing back some silver sodas?)
How much does one of those batteries go for?
Brandin
Thanks for the compliments. ;) If you are ever interested send me a pm and i can dig up the contact info.I've seen em go for $500 but the guy i get em from sells them just over $400.He at one time said he would sell them to people i sent his way for $390.

jbtrailerjim
03-18-2005, 04:26 PM
PM Evo22. He can hook you up.

MAINEVENT
03-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Does anyone make a box for these :confused: :confused:

spectras only
03-18-2005, 09:12 PM
I have 3 Douglas Gold 31 Fleet series batts in my boat. No
matter how much I use it or let it sit for awhile , the voltage
stays up. It has built in handles for carrying
http://www.douglasbattery.com/frame.html

shadow
03-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Yes, Froggystyle (Wes) was telling me about some that he ran across.I don't have mine in boxes now but probablly eventually will get some boxes for them.

BADASS38CHEVY
03-27-2005, 03:09 PM
do u need battery boxes as well???
yes i do.

RiverDave
03-29-2005, 07:18 PM
I can make a custom box for the life lines. I know Shadow and a couple of other people want them as well, so if I did a short run atleast it wouldn't be just straight prototyping costs. I'd like to run atleast 4 or 5 of them though and I'm not going to lie their not going to be the cheapest things in the world. Figure for the billy bad ass battery box (I - Beams / step plate etc ) it'd probably be in the neighborhood of 200 - 250 ea. Polished / powdercoated / Annodized etc..
It looks like we're getting close to making a run of the new 1700 boxes as well in the pretty near future as well. Just waiting to get a few more people together to get it to be cost effective.
RD

shadow
03-30-2005, 08:47 PM
I can make a custom box for the life lines. I know Shadow and a couple of other people want them as well, so if I did a short run atleast it wouldn't be just straight prototyping costs. I'd like to run atleast 4 or 5 of them though and I'm not going to lie their not going to be the cheapest things in the world. Figure for the billy bad ass battery box (I - Beams / step plate etc ) it'd probably be in the neighborhood of 200 - 250 ea. Polished / powdercoated / Annodized etc..
It looks like we're getting close to making a run of the new 1700 boxes as well in the pretty near future as well. Just waiting to get a few more people together to get it to be cost effective.
RD
RD,I'll talk to my Lifeline contact and see if he would have a market for these since he's a Lifeline rep.I only know of a couple of us that are running these batteries at the moment.Maybe he's got connections of motorhome/trailer/bus manufactures that would be interested in cutting edge billet hold downs.