PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading 2003 496HO's

Fashun
03-10-2005, 09:16 AM
I have a 2004 Eliminator 28 daytona with twin 496HO's. I am wondering about the Raylar BCK 103/ valley 550 cyclone Package. It sounds like the way to go as far a performace and reliability. Does any body have any comments on this, or should I go with prochargers? I want it to be reliable and perform. Also what speed gain should I expect. Thanks.

shadow
03-10-2005, 09:41 AM
I have a 2004 Eliminator 28 daytona with twin 496HO's. I am wondering about the Raylar BCK 103/ valley 550 cyclone Package. It sounds like the way to go as far a performace and reliability. Does any body have any comments on this, or should I go with prochargers? I want it to be reliable and perform. Also what speed gain should I expect. Thanks.
Do a search under Raylar,

Three Days Only
03-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Do a search under Raylar,
I didnt find anything!! How about you???
Well except for that thread that you started that is about 100 pages long by now LOL

caroftheweek
03-10-2005, 05:12 PM
I would go for the Raylar package. There is nothing cooler than having an N/A motor that makes a ton of HP. Plus they have their package tuned for 87 octane. If you go the blower route, chances are that you will be replacing the hypereutectic pistons after the first season if you run them hard and the cost of 91 octane this summer is going to be outrageous--especially feeding 2 big blocks.
Ryan

roln 20s
03-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Definately check out the Raylar package...that's my #1 choice for now. Plus..you will be able to get some nice covers to top that off (coming soon) :D :)
Definately talk to Shadow.
Good luck-
Patrick
AKA Roln 20s

Kachina26
03-10-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm so working the Raylar angle around the house! :idea:

shadow
03-10-2005, 07:09 PM
I didnt find anything!! How about you???
Well except for that thread that you started that is about 100 pages long by now LOL
Try this www.raylarengine.com
You lookin to upgrade? :D

andy01
03-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Sell it and buy a 30' Spectre with 300's on the back. You will have turn key performance and run over 100. :D
Andy

dallas
03-12-2005, 12:43 PM
WHY WOULD ANY ONE BUY A SPECTRA ONER AN ELIMINATOR? The eliminator is twice the boat and who wants outboards, look at the resale! its like comparing a dodge to a bmw!

Kachina26
03-12-2005, 12:53 PM
WHY WOULD ANY ONE BUY A SPECTRA ONER AN ELIMINATOR? The eliminator is twice the boat and who wants outboards, look at the resale! its like comparing a dodge to a bmw!
I think he meant Spectre
http://www.bullockmarine.com/boat_listing/2000_spectre_36/2000_spectre_36_10.jpg
Not Spectra
http://www.spectramarine.com/images/24spectra.gif

Fashun
03-13-2005, 08:23 AM
I guess it's a cheap alternative for more speed but who wants refigartors on the back of there boat. As far as a Spectre or Eliminator, I have looked at both boats and thought the eliminator was much much more of a boat. Plus resale off KBB the Spectre left alot to be desired.
Plus the last time I saw someone with outboards they were FISHIN.

andy01
03-13-2005, 08:58 AM
If you don't know then you wouldn't understand.... Keep throwing money at the slowest 28 on the water........ If you don't think so then do your home work. Almost every 29 and 30 and even some 32ft cats will go faster then that 28 with the same power.
Why did you buy a Dodge instead of a BMW? You could have bought a DCB over a Daytona and had 20 times the boat. (If you were after a west coast style boat)
Besides I see both of the Daytonas you have owned are bunin up the water..................
BTW I originaly posted it as a joke...........
Andy

andy01
03-13-2005, 09:07 AM
I guess it's a cheap alternative for more speed but who wants refigartors on the back of there boat. As far as a Spectre or Eliminator, I have looked at both boats and thought the eliminator was much much more of a boat. Plus resale off KBB the Spectre left alot to be desired.
Cheap alternative? If you know Spectres then you would know the 30' was designed around O/B power for the race circuit. The first two were raced with O/B's before any product boats were built. So if you buy a 30' with 500's it runs the same as a boat with 300's. Why would you buy a boat with 500's? It only wieghts more and uses more fuel? I know you lake guys don't get it...................
As fare resale, who buys a boat for an investment. Hell I don't care what the resale is. But going by KBB, I have never seen a boat sell for what it is stated for in KBB. If you knew anything about KBB in the front of the book it states. "These are guide line for a perfect condition vehicle, market may dictate a different number".
You stick with your Eliminators, and maybe if you and Dallas spend another 20K on your investments maybe just maybe you guys will be running the same speeds as me in a smaller boat with twice my HP.
Andy

phebus
03-13-2005, 09:16 AM
The last time I saw someone running with outboards, they were blowing right by me. I guess we run with a different crowd. :D

Fashun
03-13-2005, 09:19 AM
KBB,NADA,Or what ever you use are just lending guides. They show how much a bank or lending institiution will borrow on a boat or what the fair maket value is. Im not saying that you have a bad boat, but you cannot give them away especially with outboards. I know I am a senoir lender at Amcore Bank.
I did state the Spectre is a nice boat I just prefered the Eliminator Design,workmanship and overall performance. If you think that lake Michigan is just a small lake then I invite you to run that Spectre in some big water. I guranatee that you have never seen water like it.. See Ya fishin.

andy01
03-13-2005, 09:20 AM
The last time I saw someone running with outboards, they were blowing right by me. I guess we run with a different crowd. :D
LOL! I haven't seen many fishing boats around in a while myself, but the same thing probably happen to them............. :D
Andy

Fashun
03-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Man I hope you know that its all good, :argue: it looks like ya have a nice ride.

Fashun
03-13-2005, 09:27 AM
I guess alot of guys go bye you.

Kachina26
03-13-2005, 09:28 AM
OUCH!

Fashun
03-13-2005, 09:37 AM
I think they build Eliminators in Myra Loma,CA. Or maybe I'm wrong.

phebus
03-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Yep, only goes about 70, so out here on the west coast lakes like Havasu, there are a lot of fast boats unlike the fishing lakes back east.

kidstuf
03-13-2005, 10:32 AM
If you don't know then you wouldn't understand.... Keep throwing money at the slowest 28 on the water........ If you don't think so then do your home work. Almost every 29 and 30 and even some 32ft cats will go faster then that 28 with the same power.
Why did you buy a Dodge instead of a BMW? You could have bought a DCB over a Daytona and had 20 times the boat. (If you were after a west coast style boat)
Besides I see both of the Daytonas you have owned are bunin up the water..................
BTW I originaly posted it as a joke...........
Andy
andy, a dcb is 20 times better than an eliminator?? wow!! that's one i haven't heard before... you're also the first person i've heard say that they're not worried about resale... just for the record our 28 is big for a 28 ft boat and i've personally run it 104 w/ 496's, 117 w/ 525's, and 124 w/ 550 vipers... imo thats pretty good for a boat thats "bunin up the water"...
brandie

INSman
03-13-2005, 11:09 AM
andy, a dcb is 20 times better than an eliminator?? wow!! that's one i haven't heard before... you're also the first person i've heard say that they're not worried about resale... just for the record our 28 is big for a 28 ft boat and i've personally run it 104 w/ 496's, 117 w/ 525's, and 124 w/ 550 vipers... imo thats pretty good for a boat thats "bunin up the water"...
brandie
You tell em' Brandie !!! :D :D
What do you think the 28' would run with the larger Viper 625's ??
And how much would it cost we with the "special" discount ?? :idea: ;) :D

Fashun
03-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the Eliminator help. I dont know that much about the DCB'S, but Im sure they are a nice boat. Ive alway liked Eliminators since Bob Anderson from WI sold me my first one back in 1984 it was a fun 21 daytona and I loved it.

andy01
03-13-2005, 03:16 PM
brandie
I will be the first one to say when I am wrong............. I wouldn't say a DCB is 20 times nicer............ Heat of the moment and didn't prof read before I posted it........ My bad! No disrespect towards the Daytona line......... I'll leave it at that.
BTW nice meeting you yesterday.........
Andy

kidstuf
03-14-2005, 11:52 AM
What do you think the 28' would run with the larger Viper 625's ??
And how much would it cost we with the "special" discount ?? :idea: ;) :D
we're building a 28 with the 625's right now... it'll go somewhere between 125-130... i'm betting right around 129-130... i'll let you know for sure in 4-6 weeks.. ;)
you can give me a call for that "special" discount ;) :D

INSman
03-15-2005, 06:17 PM
we're building a 28 with the 625's right now... it'll go somewhere between 125-130... i'm betting right around 129-130... i'll let you know for sure in 4-6 weeks.. ;)
you can give me a call for that "special" discount ;) :D
Brandie, not only are you nice, but you are also hot !! :jawdrop: :D