PDA

View Full Version : 3DO, Bling, Andy01

Spectre140
04-23-2006, 09:09 PM
When you tow at night do you use the oversize load light, or do you just run the flags and sign? I towed last year without the light at night and was just wondering if I got lucky and didn't get stopped. I'm leaving for Havasu Tuesday night and I'm debating on running the wires to hook one up.

Three Days Only
04-24-2006, 11:08 AM
When you tow at night do you use the oversize load light, or do you just run the flags and sign? I towed last year without the light at night and was just wondering if I got lucky and didn't get stopped. I'm leaving for Havasu Tuesday night and I'm debating on running the wires to hook one up.
I only run mine at night 50% of the time. It just depends wether or not I feel like putting it on. For two years I ran flags and banners only. You dont have to have a light until your over a certain width. I dont have my permit with me but 10'2" doesnt require a light from what I remember. Sometimes I dont even banner, but the flags are always on!! Do you have a annual permit. If not, I would run bare and not draw any unwanted attention.
Jeff

Spectre140
04-24-2006, 01:23 PM
I have the permit but I do the same things you do. Thanks for the reply and maybe I'll see you in Havasu this weekend.

Three Days Only
04-24-2006, 01:26 PM
I have the permit but I do the same things you do. Thanks for the reply and maybe I'll see you in Havasu this weekend.
Its looking like im going, but leaving the boat at home. Im most likely going to fly up saturday morning and return saturday evening. The wifes Benz is in the shop so shes using my truck, no way to get the boat there. Unless I leave her with a two seater and two kids, then swipe my truck. Im pretty sure she would not appreciate being land locked at the house for the weekend.

Havasu Hangin'
04-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Its looking like im going, but leaving the boat at home. Im most likely going to fly up saturday morning and return saturday evening. The wifes Benz is in the shop so shes using my truck, no way to get the boat there. Unless I leave her with a two seater and two kids, then swipe my truck. Im pretty sure she would not appreciate being land locked at the house for the weekend.
Who wear the pants in that family, anyway? :idea:

Three Days Only
04-24-2006, 05:43 PM
The wife when she is giving me a hallpass for the weekend and she needs a car to drlve with two kids at home. You know how it is!!!!!

Spectre140
04-24-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm sure that wouldn't go over well. :crossx: If your around the Nautical this weekend Id like to pick your brain on your setup. I'm having Larry's put in a couple blowers motors mid year and Id be interested in what you are running. If you see a short guy hanging around a 03' 36 Spectre stop by. I have a room on the cove so hopefully Ill find a spot for the boat there too.
Erik

andy01
04-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Mine is only a 30' so I don't have to run anything on mine. I am under limit.
Andy

Three Days Only
04-25-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm sure that wouldn't go over well. :crossx: If your around the Nautical this weekend Id like to pick your brain on your setup. I'm having Larry's put in a couple blowers motors mid year and Id be interested in what you are running. If you see a short guy hanging around a 03' 36 Spectre stop by. I have a room on the cove so hopefully Ill find a spot for the boat there too.
Erik
I will be there and bringing the boat. I should get there sometime on friday morning. What does your boat look like????
Jeff

Jordy
04-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Mine is only a 30' so I don't have to run anything on mine. I am under limit.
Andy
It's not the length, but the width and I believe you're about 8'9" wide, which is technically oversized, but it would take a sharp DOT guy to catch an inch and a half on each side. ;)

Havasu Hangin'
04-25-2006, 08:26 AM
I will be there and bringing the boat. I should get there sometime on friday morning. What does your boat look like????
Jeff
Glad to see you'll be wearing her pants this weekend.

andy01
04-25-2006, 10:37 AM
It's not the length, but the width and I believe you're about 8'9" wide, which is technically oversized, but it would take a sharp DOT guy to catch an inch and a half on each side. ;)
I know that...... but I thought maybe he thought I had a 36' with the wider beam. Where did you get 8'9" from? I was told 102" = 8'6"= legal..... unless you messured it and it is wider. I know a couple of other companys do this also but have never measured my Spectre.
Andy

andy01
04-25-2006, 10:40 AM
He hasn't left yet........

Jordy
04-25-2006, 10:45 AM
I know that...... but I thought maybe he thought I had a 36' with the wider beam. Where did you get 8'9" from? I was told 102" = 8'6"= legal..... unless you messured it and it is wider. I know a couple of other companys do this also but have never measured my Spectre.
Andy
8'6" is legal. As far as the 8'9" beam on your boat, I believe it was in a Powerboat review in the specs part. I know mine is wide, but have never put a tape on it, just going off the review. I don't flag mine either and have had it all over the place without any issues. Knocking on some wood right now, just in case. ;)

Spectre140
04-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Jeff
It's red, purple and yellow. If you have seen most of the ads for Spectre you have seen my boat. I think they still use it on their website for the Poker Run Edition. Glad to see your bringing the boat. :)

Spectre140
04-25-2006, 11:39 AM
8'6" is legal. As far as the 8'9" beam on your boat, I believe it was in a Powerboat review in the specs part. I know mine is wide, but have never put a tape on it, just going off the review. I don't flag mine either and have had it all over the place without any issues. Knocking on some wood right now, just in case. ;)
It's always the width that counts!!!

andy01
04-25-2006, 11:43 AM
http://www.spectrepowerboats.com/36Gallery/images/spec1(2).jpg
Is this your boat?

Spectre140
04-25-2006, 06:43 PM
http://www.spectrepowerboats.com/36Gallery/images/spec1(2).jpg
Is this your boat?
Yup! We are leaving for Havasu in about 30min. Hope to see you guys there! Stop by and we'll have a cocktail. :)

Jordy
04-25-2006, 06:47 PM
That's a nice looking boat. Maybe I'm just partial though. :D

phebus
04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Great looking boat, and I'm not partial :)

soupersonic
04-25-2006, 07:54 PM
Yup! We are leaving for Havasu in about 30min. Hope to see you guys there! Stop by and we'll have a cocktail. :)
Actually i met Erik and saw his boat at roosevelt a couple weekends ago. Great looking spectre.

Magic34
04-26-2006, 10:30 AM
If you see a short guy hanging around a 03' 36 Spectre stop by.
Erik
Basically, if you see a guy that looks like a 12 year old kid, you found him. You can also tell by the phone books in the seat of the boat. :rollside:
Pretty funny drunk 12 year old too!

Three Days Only
04-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Im out....................but still wearing the pants, (Sort Of!!!!!!!)
Boat is at the trailer shop getting a new rear axle, new disc brakes all around, electric brake controller, electric tounge jack, and new sealed LED,s. Then off to the service shop for the before season checkup, compression tests, blower service, etc. Then she's off to the detailer and interior shop for a after storage clean up. Should be like new when I get her back for another season unless of course someone buys the boat. With my luck right when im done dumping 10K plus into the boat someone will end up wanting to buy it, and im going to say pound sand!!!
Plus this way I can avoid all the bonehead motorcyclist driving back from the river run on Sunday clogging up the 40 with broken down Harley's.
Jeff

Jordy
04-26-2006, 12:24 PM
You can also tell by the phone books in the seat of the boat. :rollside:
I didn't know Charley had a Spectre. :D

Three Days Only
04-26-2006, 02:46 PM
I didn't know Charley had a Spectre. :D
He would never leave club Kool-Aide. Unless I win the lottery. Then the little bitch is going to be rolling a 40' flat deck Skater or Platinum.
Guess what I get if he wins the lottery?????
Exactly - SPAM FOR SALE!!!!!!!

Charley
04-26-2006, 09:59 PM
He would never leave club Kool-Aide. Unless I win the lottery. Then the little bitch is going to be rolling a 40' flat deck Skater or Platinum.
Guess what I get if he wins the lottery?????
Exactly - SPAM FOR SALE!!!!!!!
some day jeffy, I hope one of us can win the lottery and actually belly up on that promise ;)

Three Days Only
04-27-2006, 07:59 AM
some day jeffy, I hope one of us can win the lottery and actually belly up on that promise ;)
You and me both, im just hoping it is me and not you. I cant see myself as part of the Kool-Aide club. But, just in case I will start confessing my love :cry: for the world's best DCB now and save myself some pounding on the boards later. :boxed: