PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Need Sounds for the boat? Call Joslin Mobile

famaffair
03-10-2005, 08:58 PM
I got an awesome stereo with this company. I went to WFS in Temecula, however they are really busy. So I called Russ at Joslin, he drove to my house to check out what I have, wrote me up a quote and we made it happen. Less expensive than WFS, and the work is awesome. If anyone is in need of sounds call them at (951)323-9489b He will also bring a portfolio of his work, you name it they have done it. I am even thinking about having then throw in a dvd for those camping nights at Mojave.

WetWillie
03-10-2005, 09:00 PM
:wink:

famaffair
03-10-2005, 09:02 PM
:wink:
I will tomorrow when I pick up the boat.

famaffair
03-10-2005, 09:11 PM
You should have waited for WFS to squeeze you in later this December. :p
that's about right, they had at least five boats waiting ahead of me. no telling when they would have gotten to mine.

Not So Fast
03-11-2005, 10:01 AM
Good work is hard to find but nobody is that good, well, maybe they are!! NSF

Mrs. 4-B
03-11-2005, 10:15 AM
Joslin installed the stereo in our new boat also. The installation looks great and the tunes sound great. My only problem was we specifically asked for the stereo to be XM ready and Russ said there was a plug in part that was needed that has been on back order forever. He finally got the part and tried it out but having problems with getting everything to work (disc changer and xm). seems if one works the other doesn't. Seems a cable needs to be replaced that can handle more equiipment or something. Mr. 4-B can elaborate more on this. Boat is stored at our place in Havasu and Joslin is in the E.I. What to do!? :confused:

03-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Famaffair
tell Russ hi for me and i am still waiting for him to fix the wiring, so my battery doesnt run down, he can meet me in havasu next weekend (lol)
and have a few beers after he fixes it, other than that the system works
great

phebus
03-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Joslin installed the stereo in our new boat also. The installation looks great and the tunes sound great. My only problem was we specifically asked for the stereo to be XM ready and Russ said there was a plug in part that was needed that has been on back order forever. He finally got the part and tried it out but having problems with getting everything to work (disc changer and xm). seems if one works the other doesn't. Seems a cable needs to be replaced that can handle more equiipment or something. Mr. 4-B can elaborate more on this. Boat is stored at our place in Havasu and Joslin is in the E.I. What to do!? :confused:
If Joslin can't get it going since the boat is in Havasu, go see Frank at CarToyz. He is great, and I guarntee you will be happy. Here is his contact info:
Car Toyz
928-680-0203
You'll love the XM

riverbound
03-11-2005, 12:12 PM
You should have waited for WFS to squeeze you in later this December. :p
And that is just to get a quote.

shadow
03-11-2005, 12:17 PM
And that is just to get a quote.
Worth the wait tho.My XM works and my wiring doesn't drain the Batteries. :D J/K. :rollside:

INSman
03-11-2005, 12:55 PM
I spoke to Adam on multiple occassions just trying to get a multi-amp wiring kit put together for me, finally gave up and just went to Al & Eds.
I guess it is good for some to have a huge back-log of work, just not for the consumer. Oh well, no biggie. I am sure he does great work as do others.

mbrown2
03-11-2005, 01:05 PM
WFS is good from the stuff I have seen on the boards, and have heard in person but there are a number of shops in the So Cal that do great work without the wait. Even the better shops you might have to wait a week or two. Competition Soundworks in OC, Transonic in the 909/951, Al & Ed's in the 951/909 (Ontario Mills location) and Audio Concepts in the 805 (Simi Valley). I am sure Roz could throw out a name or two as well.
Also if waiting months is true, I don't believe the stuff I have saw or heard coming out of WFS justifies waiting months....IMO....the higher end places can do glass and paint work as long as you want to pay for it.

famaffair
03-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Russ will be at my house in an hour, I'll relay some of these concerns

DrewDown
03-20-2005, 08:44 AM
what