PDA

View Full Version : iPod Question

CARRERA
04-24-2006, 12:29 AM
How is the way to run your music from your ipod to your system in your boat and get the best quality sounds?

HOOTER SLED-
04-24-2006, 03:48 AM
RCAs through an aux input would be better than an FM transmitter. You need to make sure your head unit has an aux input though. Some brands actually have a plug for a headphone style input on the faceplate.

BajaMike
04-24-2006, 04:51 AM
RCAs through an aux input would be better than an FM transmitter. You need to make sure your head unit has an aux input though. Some brands actually have a plug for a headphone style input on the faceplate.
I agree....the FM transmitter and cassette adapter don't work worth a crap...
:D

Wet Pair-A-Dice
04-24-2006, 05:42 AM
If you don not have an input jack on your stereo like I ran into you can get a Ipod interface cable/box that plugs in between into where your cd changer goes. You can get these at most stereo shops. Crutchfield via the internet had the best price.

OCMerrill
04-24-2006, 09:20 AM
If you don not have an input jack on your stereo like I ran into you can get a Ipod interface cable/box that plugs in between into where your cd changer goes. You can get these at most stereo shops. Crutchfield via the internet had the best price.
This is the way to go. Sony head unit and a dedicated sony interface bought through Crutchfield.com ($100 or so). Connecting through the CD input with my sony head unit allows total control over the Ipod as if it were a changer, remote included.

chevypoweredracer
04-24-2006, 09:35 AM
what kind of deck? pioneer sells an ipod kit that plugs right in

Captain Dan
04-24-2006, 09:44 AM
I agree....the FM transmitter and cassette adapter don't work worth a crap...
:D
As my kids would ask....what's a cassette?