PDA

View Full Version : 68 Schiada Day Cruiser

BDodge
03-11-2005, 09:35 AM
I have one of the original Schiada Day Cruisers. Has 455 Olds that I keep on having problems with. It has been sitting in my driveway for awhile and I am thinking about selling it but have no idea of the value. Hull is in great shape with new trim, trailer completely redone. new carb, dist, exhausts, etc. Just needs someone who can work on the engine. Anyone have any advice about what you think I could off it for?

Squirtin Thunder
03-11-2005, 09:36 AM
We need pics !!!

flat broke
03-11-2005, 09:40 AM
if you can either post some pics, or email them to me at admin@liquidaddiction.net, I'll get them up for you. Pictures go a long way when trying to sell somethin around here.
If this is a 68, does it look somewhat like this?
http://images.traderonline.com/EMedia/tarchive2/213/237112/00411873217.jpg
http://images.traderonline.com/EMedia/tarchive2/213/415384/00338339424.jpg
Anyhow, get some pics up and you'll get more feedback.
Chris

BDodge
03-11-2005, 09:47 AM
I'll try and get some pic. I'm kind of new to this. It looks alot like the pic on the bottom. It is a good looking boat. I tried to go through engine and kept getting water in oil on top end. Finally gave up and it has been sitting for a couple of years in my driveway. I put some money into it. I just dont have time or knowledge to figure it out and if I get rid of it I would like it to go to someone who would get it running. It was originally my Dads boat.

HOOTER SLED-
03-12-2005, 12:57 AM
I'll try and get some pic. I'm kind of new to this. It looks alot like the pic on the bottom. It is a good looking boat. I tried to go through engine and kept getting water in oil on top end. Finally gave up and it has been sitting for a couple of years in my driveway. I put some money into it. I just dont have time or knowledge to figure it out and if I get rid of it I would like it to go to someone who would get it running. It was originally my Dads boat.
It's in the heads. Get a restricter kit from Mondello. The oil returns are so big, that the oil stays up top too. Not good. You should have the turkey pan type intake gasket too. Make sure you get a good seal. I had to f with it a couple of times before I stopped the water in oil thing. SOrry ass Olds.

NELSON#109
03-12-2005, 03:48 AM
jim quit being a dirt bag, people are wathcing