PDA

View Full Version : Cosco Amex

stoker
03-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Does anyone else use these cards? I just got my rebate check for Costco. It's $900.00. I think a plasma t.v. is in my future.

dimarcobros
03-11-2005, 12:36 PM
I have an AMEX but not a COSTCO one. What is the deal with them? Why did you get so much back?
DMB

stoker
03-11-2005, 12:43 PM
I have an AMEX but not a COSTCO one. What is the deal with them? Why did you get so much back?
DMB
I think you get a 2% rebate for all purchases good at any Costco. It's kind of nice to get a check for your favorite warehouse store when you are not expecting it.

INSman
03-11-2005, 01:02 PM
I think that means he spent about $45k at Costco this year to earn that check, which is pretty tough for the everyday person to do, but probably fairly easy for a business owner. :D :D

Rod-64
03-11-2005, 01:39 PM
We shop Coscto for our business and my dad got a 150 bucks back. He just picked up a new 20" flat screen tv for the garage. Pretty cool deal.

TrojanDan
03-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Damn, I only got $7 because I only had it for a couple of months. You get 3% when you use it on vacation and travel, 2% for Costco purchases and restaurants, and 1% for everything else.

ROZ
03-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Damn, I only got $7 because I only had it for a couple of months. You get 3% when you use it on vacation and travel,
Trojan"my ass traveling around the globe"Dan,
Then I guess you'll be receiving a couple G's next year... :cool:

roln 20s
03-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Great rebate--I work for Amex in Phx and also have that card- the Amex Costco Platinum. I received a rebate check for $250.00...and spent it at Costco in all of 5 minutes :) Great job...and keep spending :) My bonus may depend on it :D
Roln 20s
PS- HUGE AMERICAN EXPRESS FAN :)

Flying Tiger
03-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Geezee that sounds like the way to go.
I have like 30.000 amex rewards points which will get me an Anson Williams Yo Yo,, and a coloring book - no crayons yet, I'll have to drop another 20 grand on the card for those.
I stay with AMEX because if you have a dispute with a purchase, AMEX will back up the customer. Visa backs the business.

Moose
03-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Damn, I only got $7 because I only had it for a couple of months. You get 3% when you use it on vacation and travel, 2% for Costco purchases and restaurants, and 1% for everything else.
This is Mrs. Moose and I work there and your right about the Amex card. But here is the best part, you don't have to spend the money at Costco, you can cash it out and spend it where ever you would like to, also you can use that card anywhere in the world that excepts Amex and earn the percentage back to you. ONE more thing, if you sign up for the EXECUTIVE Card you shop earlier and also earn 2% back from all all your shopping. (at Costco only on that card).
Hey everyone go look at the new Bonzai tube we just got in, it is great......and I love our life jackets, the price is so good.
Well enjoy our stores and start enjoying your reward checks.!!!!!!!!!!!
Mrs. Moose

CJ
03-12-2005, 10:21 AM
You don't need the Costco AMEX to get the rebate. You just need to sign up for Exective membership for the 2% back. You already get 1% with AMEX if you are signed up for the points.
AMEX does suck with 1%, but I have already topped out my 5% towards my next Chevy on my GMCard.

Moose
03-12-2005, 10:36 AM
You don't need the Costco AMEX to get the rebate. You just need to sign up for Exective membership for the 2% back. You already get 1% with AMEX if you are signed up for the points.
AMEX does suck with 1%, but I have already topped out my 5% towards my next Chevy on my GMCard.
correct but now you will be earning 3-5% back on purchases total with both cards. And when you use Visa or MC you don't earn any percentage back. So why not use the Costco Amex? You can't go wrong, plus Costco guarentees your money back on the Executive membership. Only Costco offers the 1% back, not all Amex offer that.
Mrs. Moose

CBLavey
03-12-2005, 10:44 AM
The Costco/Amex is a great deal, plus their gas station prices are always the best in my town and you can earn the additional cash back on your fuel purchases as well! ;)

TrojanDan
03-12-2005, 11:04 AM
I have $2,989 from GM towards my next truck (I was short $11 one year from maxing out). By this time next year I'll have $3,489 towards my duramax and will be giving Jay a call. :D

CJ
03-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Moose, I believe you get your Costco money back even if you don't use AMEX. I use both, then I get my Costco 2% or whatever it is AND my AMEX 1%.
TrojanDan, there are maximums you can use against any vehicle at one time, When I bought my Suburban from Jason at Selman, the max for the Burb was $1,500. My next truck will be a Duramax Dulie (I think). Is there a much higher minimum?

Essex502
03-14-2005, 07:37 AM
CJ is right. My Executive membership at Costco earns the rebate. Pays for the Executive member annual fee and then some. Plus I use my regular AMEX for everything I can and earn the Membership Rewards points as well. We almost have enough for a week in Tahiti next year on the points.

Moose
03-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Your right, I usually average around $200.00 a year back from the Executive card, being an emplyee we get our membership free but for those who don't it would pay for your membership and some to spend where ever. When you think about it if your not an Executive your throwing money out the door. It's smart to also get the Amex and earn more money back. When Moose and I bought my car we bought it through the Costco auto buying program and we paid only $500.00 over the office invoice and what a deal I got, No haggling or nothing. We also have the long diatance through Costco and Insurance. Take advantage of the offers they pay off, The other good deal is STOCK. Go onto Costco.com and look up the services they offer.
Enjoy and if yo uhave any questions please see me. I will also be at TP5 with some info and brochures. (for anyone going).
Yes can you tell I love my job.
Mrs. Moose

OGShocker
03-15-2005, 09:39 PM
I think that means he spent about $45k at Costco this year to earn that check, which is pretty tough for the everyday person to do, but probably fairly easy for a business owner. :D :D
I spent that much on Capt' Morgans last year. :supp: I am not taking Tom to Costco this year PERIOD! :D

INSman
03-16-2005, 08:55 AM
I spent that much on Capt' Morgans last year. :supp: I am not taking Tom to Costco this year PERIOD! :D
I knew you would come around eventually, but I am sure you had fun in the meantime with the Captain !! :messedup: