PDA

View Full Version : O.C.to Corona

HYPNAUTIC
03-11-2005, 03:38 PM
I need your help.
If you live in Corona or near by areas and commute to South O.C. can you tell me what your commute is like. What time do you leave in the morning? Where about do you work and how long it takes you to get there? What time do you leave work and how long does it take you to get home? When the toll roads are backed up, how long does it take to get to Green River?
The wife and I are considering selling our place in Placentia to move to the Mountain Gate area.

HOOTER SLED-
03-11-2005, 04:39 PM
Hit up Roxysnow. I believe he commutes to OC from Corona if I'm not mistaken. We're looking in Corona ourselves. I'll have to deal with the commute too. Gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck man.

dmontzsta
03-11-2005, 05:18 PM
I need your help.
If you live in Corona or near by areas and commute to South O.C. can you tell me what your commute is like. What time do you leave in the morning? Where about do you work and how long it takes you to get there? What time do you leave work and how long does it take you to get home? When the toll roads are backed up, how long does it take to get to Green River?
The wife and I are considering selling our place in Placentia to move to the Mountain Gate area.
I commute from Moreno Valley to Anaheim. The 91 W is usually not too bad, you can always use Fasttrack and that helps alot. Occasionally it gets backed up, on the way home...forget it.
I leave the house at 8am and get to work at 9am.

Newcastle
03-11-2005, 10:28 PM
My commute. Corona to Anaheim. It sux. Plain and simple.

Roxysnow
03-12-2005, 12:05 AM
I actually commute from Corona (off Green River) to South OC (irvine). I can typically leave anytime in the morning with no traffic at all. But I do use the toll road daily witch gets me to work in about 20 minutes. I do know it is a biatch drive if you have to take the 91 to the 55 south. The 91 usually backs up at Imperial til you hit the 55. The 55 is usually backed up between 7:30 to 9am.
Coming home is usually a biatch though. Honestly the 91 is a nightmare anytime between 3pm to maybe 7pm. Since I take the toll road. There is usually traffic backed up the toll road for about a mile between 4pm to 6:30pm. And the merge onto the 91 sucks to because it bottlenecks about a mile from the 91 and toll merge. I ususally leave work at before 4pm or after 6pm. I can ususally get home in about 20 -30 minutes. If you try to leave during prime hours, you maybe looking at 40 to 1 1/2 hours. But the drive home is not bad if you can plan to your advantage. If it wasn't for the toll road, I'd be living in the OC still. PM me if I can be any help.

dmontzsta
03-12-2005, 12:16 AM
I actually commute from Corona (off Green River) to South OC (irvine). I can typically leave anytime in the morning with no traffic at all. But I do use the toll road daily witch gets me to work in about 20 minutes. I do know it is a biatch drive if you have to take the 91 to the 55 south. The 91 usually backs up at Imperial til you hit the 55. The 55 is usually backed up between 7:30 to 9am.
Coming home is usually a biatch though. Honestly the 91 is a nightmare anytime between 3pm to maybe 7pm. Since I take the toll road. There is usually traffic backed up the toll road for about a mile between 4pm to 6:30pm. And the merge onto the 91 sucks to because it bottlenecks about a mile from the 91 and toll merge. I ususally leave work at before 4pm or after 6pm. I can ususally get home in about 20 -30 minutes. If you try to leave during prime hours, you maybe looking at 40 to 1 1/2 hours. But the drive home is not bad if you can plan to your advantage. If it wasn't for the toll road, I'd be living in the OC still. PM me if I can be any help.
yeah, on the way home traffic is usually solid from the 55 til the 15.

Huckleberry
03-12-2005, 12:48 AM
I go to work at 3:00AM. It's wide open then all the way to Irvine.
Once in a while I start at 9:00AM. I live off the 15 & El Cerrito. If you take surface streets and get on the freeway at Main or Grand, you only hit a little traffic til about Maple, Serfas Club at the worst. After that it is wide open to the Fastrack lanes or the 241 Tollroad. If I take the 241, I can getfrom my casa to Irvine/Lake Forest in 30-35 minutes. Not too bad.
Coming home...Roxysnow hit it on the head.

Big Warlock
03-12-2005, 05:15 AM
I used to live in LA and commute from Rancho Cucamonga to Lake View Terrace. I look back and do not know how I did it all those years.
I live on top of a mountain, 5 minutes from the shop. There is a Starbucks drive through on the way. It doesn't matter what time I leave, ten minutes tops or fifteen if I do Starbucks. You won't believe how that changed my life. Without talk radio, my blood pressure has gone down 50%! And I can get home and go out to dinner. Gym three times a week. etc etc.
If you thought about leaving LA, consider it again.
Best of luck!

slink
03-12-2005, 06:56 PM
Kevin is right on with this. I live off of Green River and my office is off of Kraemer in Anaheim. Takes me about 15-20 min to get to work but coming home it can take 30 :( The FasTrak starts at my house and ends at my office :) Expensive but worth it....
WTF Tom, you're never at work.....either off in BHC or riding your HOG around. When I grow up I want to be you :D

riverbound
03-14-2005, 07:04 AM
My wife commutes from the 15 and hidden valley to the 57 her office is off of orangewood. It takes her about 40mins to 1hour. She also uses fastrak everyday. Coming home is about an hour using fastrak.

barbigrl
03-14-2005, 09:58 AM
Hit up Roxysnow. I believe he commutes to OC from Corona if I'm not mistaken. We're looking in Corona ourselves. I'll have to deal with the commute too. Gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck man.
I hope you guys move this way!!!! :D

HYPNAUTIC
03-14-2005, 02:52 PM
Well, went looking at homes again. Found one at the top of Mountain Gate. Still worried about the drive. I usually leave the office now about 5:30 and cant believe the backup on the toll to 91 interchange. Do the toll's add up to about $160 a month or so? Does anybody know how long it takes from the 55 to Green River using the 91 express lane at peak hours and how much does that cost? Does that back up as well?
Thanks

HOOTER SLED-
03-14-2005, 02:58 PM
I hope you guys move this way!!!! :D
Why? Your ass is leaving us for Havasu anyways. ;) ;) :D :(

HOOTER SLED-
03-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Well, went looking at homes again. Found one at the top of Mountain Gate. Still worried about the drive. I usually leave the office now about 5:30 and cant believe the backup on the toll to 91 interchange. Do the toll's add up to about $160 a month or so? Does anybody know how long it takes from the 55 to Green River using the 91 express lane at peak hours and how much does that cost? Does that back up as well?
Thanks
I've been told it's anywhere from $4 - $6 during peak hours.

barbigrl
03-14-2005, 03:27 PM
Why? Your ass is leaving us for Havasu anyways. ;) ;) :D :(
I am probably not going to move.........there are no good paying jobs out there :( For now I am here to stay......so bring the party this way J!!!!!

barbigrl
03-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Actually I did not see that thread...thanks for the tip Tom!! However I can't picture myself working in a power plant...lol!!! ;) ;) :D

DryHeatOnly
03-14-2005, 08:31 PM
I need your help.
Hey HYP...I commute from a little further south off the 15 @ Cajalco.
Not sure how far east you're looking but I usually jump on the 91 at Grand and take it to the 241 toll road to the 261 to the 405 North. Traffic on that stretch has been a little better after they added a lane. I do go in later than normal but I still catch traffic. I drive to Costa Mesa right around the 55/405 interchange. I'm usually there in 45-55 minutes.
Going home, I take the 55 to the 91 Express Lanes. It's usually 50 minutes to an hour (if the 15 South is backed up).
My toll bill is about 160-170 a month but it's worth it.

DryHeatOnly
03-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Thanks
I've been noticing a strange phenomenomemonnomemon lately. When the freeway is moving at full speed, the toll lanes are backed up. Once the freeway comes to a halt, the toll lane goes to full speed usually no further that Weir. The toll lane always wins BTW. Even though it backs up, I figure I'm losing less than 10 minutes. That's still beats the main freeway.

HOOTER SLED-
03-14-2005, 11:24 PM
I am probably not going to move.........there are no good paying jobs out there :( For now I am here to stay......so bring the party this way J!!!!!
Maybe we can hook you up with a nanny job when we get out there. :D :devil: :devil: :devil:

Ivan Dan
03-15-2005, 12:25 AM
I need your help.
PM'd ya....let me know if I can help out at all.

hotlavey
03-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Hey HYP...I commute from a little further south off the 15 @ Cajalco.
Not sure how far east you're looking but I usually jump on the 91 at Grand and take it to the 241 toll road to the 261 to the 405 North. Traffic on that stretch has been a little better after they added a lane. I do go in later than normal but I still catch traffic. I drive to Costa Mesa right around the 55/405 interchange. I'm usually there in 45-55 minutes.
Going home, I take the 55 to the 91 Express Lanes. It's usually 50 minutes to an hour (if the 15 South is backed up).
My toll bill is about 160-170 a month but it's worth it.
My commute is not too bad. Takes me about 45-50 seconds to get from my bedroom to the john. Then about a minute after the john to get the paper. From the paper to the kitchen and my coffee is another minute. After that I just relax. Damn, being retired is really cool.