PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 21' V-Drive Cruiser.

dmontzsta
03-12-2005, 07:42 PM
My dad (shadetreedon) is looking for a 21' v-drive cruiser for him and my mom. He is looking to spend around $6-8k and prefers turn-key with a bbc. If anyone has any leads that would be great. I have been checking ebay and boattraderonline with no luck.

Highlimit9000
03-13-2005, 08:14 AM
My dad (shadetreedon) is looking for a 21' v-drive cruiser for him and my mom. He is looking to spend around $6-8k and prefers turn-key with a bbc. If anyone has any leads that would be great. I have been checking ebay and boattraderonline with no luck.
Good Luck in that Price Range...You might find a daycruiser that needs a re-store with no Motor....

GofastRacer
03-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Here's a cool project!.. :cool:
Howard! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4535321199)

wsuwrhr
03-13-2005, 08:34 AM
CA' MON D monzsta, help the old man out.
WITH engine?
You are going to have to up a couple thousand, unless you want a complete roach.
You will spend the money either way.
Brian
just my worthless quarter.

flat broke
03-13-2005, 12:30 PM
You could buy this http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/8/78532888.htm I bet you could get it for 8k or less. Bigger than what he wanted, but a 21' Vdrive that is halfway decent just isn't going to come in at the price he's lookin.
Chris

Jordy
03-13-2005, 12:41 PM
I have been checking ebay and boattraderonline with no luck.
As was pointed out, there is probably a reason for that, especially one in any kind of shape. ;)

superdave013
03-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Better make that 26-28K for a so-so and 36-38K for an ok / pretty nice. Super nice will start in the 40's I'd say.
Projects are much less but ya gotta finsih 'em. That seems to be the hard part for me. lol

Highlimit9000
03-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Better make that 26-28K for a so-so and 36-38K for an ok / pretty nice. Super nice will start in the 40's I'd say.
Projects are much less but ya gotta finsih 'em. That seems to be the hard part for me. lol
:hammer2: I second that Dave! I added up my spending so far on my Schiada, and my future spending to get the thing done the way I want it.... Phew!!! Comin in at About 40K !!! Oh well I guess that beats 120K and A long waiting list! :hammer2:

Jordy
03-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Better make that 26-28K for a so-so
I know where there is really nice so so for $28K. :cool:

Floored
03-13-2005, 03:04 PM
go to recycler.com boats daycruiser 79 elim 460 V-drive 6500 in hesperia.

emjay
03-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Hey Dmontzsta,
Check recycler on-line.
There's an Eliminator & an Advantage & a couple other cruisers
listed there in Dad's range. No photos, but at least worth a search.
Good luck!
(oops.. floored beat me by 4 minutes)
http://www.recycler.com/asp/Class.asp?iC=120ttp://www.recycler.com/asp/Class.asp?iC=120

mouzer
03-13-2005, 04:09 PM
check (lake apes ) thread Watcha all think of this here boat 21 v-drive spectra NICEEEEEE :D

Lake Ape
03-13-2005, 04:14 PM
check (lake apes ) thread Watcha all think of this here boat 21 v-drive spectra NICEEEEEE :D
Ain't it though.....I think it's already sold though...I wonder if Corleone fixed his tanks yet and if it's already sold...

Highlimit9000
03-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Lake, Yes, the new tanks are in! I just finished Glassing in Bulkheads last week..
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/199Continentaltanks2.JPG
Ain't it though.....I think it's already sold though...I wonder if Corleone fixed his tanks yet and if it's already sold...

dmontzsta
03-13-2005, 05:15 PM
I do not think it is impossible at all...
There is a Hallet here in Riverside for $9k obo has a 550hp fresh BBC, new interior, new carpet.
An Eliminator in Palm Springs for $6500 with a Ford 460.
I saw a Rayson Craft 21' last summer for $10k
There are tons of jets, but would prefer a v-drive...
He is not looking for a 21' GN style or anything that has potential to go fast, just a cruiser.

Highlimit9000
03-13-2005, 05:17 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/199Continentaltanks1.JPG

Highlimit9000
03-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Just started to Mock-UP a new Down Pedal Assembly and Foot Throttle
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/199Continentaldownpedalmockup1.JPG
Will be Glassing in all new subfloors...Much stronger...Fixed some Delam while I was in there also...Boat is a mess right now...Should look tits by Needles!!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/199Continentalnewtanks.JPG
Adding a New Bulkhead In center its sitting in there now.. The V-Drive will be in the Open now with Covered rotating assembly..
This is the New Rudder that will be going on the Boat!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/199Platedfin.JPG
Newly plated Kinsvator Prop will be on there also...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/199PlatedProp.JPG

V-DRIVE VIDEO
03-13-2005, 07:06 PM
He is not looking for a 21' GN style or anything that has potential to go fast, just a cruiser.
With that criteria an outboard would be perfect. :D

dmontzsta
03-13-2005, 07:13 PM
With that criteria an outboard would be perfect. :D
oh shit, I forgot to mention, he doesnt want to be gay...sorry. :D

bigkatboat
03-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Wow! I thought jet boats were inexpensive. Now I hear V-drive boat OWNERS inquiring about V-drive cruisers in that price range. I wonder if the person looking for the V-drive cruiser has any idea as to how much the parts, labor, or design/install cost or happened? I have known for over 15 years that most NEW V-drive boaters, came to V-drives because of COST. They found people who were willing to part with their "old V-drives" for PENNIES on the dollar. I also feel that the "old time V-drive owners" don't really care about "book values" until they have an insurance claim. I have had past customers call me on the phone and say " I sold that old flat boat too cheap". A V-drive boat is a 'different boat', the owner MUST be aware of how the componants work. Other boats (jet, I/O, O/B) are more 'user friendly', but they lack the BRUTE performance of the V-drive. If a "used" $6K boat is viewed as GOOD, they why would anyone purchase a new $60K V-drive boat? This is why I have avoided building any new V-drives. The parts have not gone down in price, nor has the quality! What makes any of you think that an "old V-drive", one who has survived thru the years (where others have not), is worth so little? If it is a POS, don't buy it! If it is "the real deal", step up, and buy with pride! It was made in America! By Americans! It lasted thru the years! I think it comes down to 'cheap crap, VS. hand built American "art". "I rest my case, but NEVER my heart".

InKahntrol
03-13-2005, 09:14 PM
You might want to give the guys at Campbell boats a call. They had two 21' Campbells for sale and one 21' Taylor/Campbell. The nicest one is the Taylor, which I believe they're asking $12k for and it looks gorgeous. The Yellow 21' Campbell they had was pretty nice, but not perfect, and they were asking about $11k, and they also had an orange boat that was decent but looked kinda dated for $8k. The Taylor is the only one left on their web site, but all three might still be for sale.
Their number is (928) 855-2133.
I agree with the above statement about projects costing huge money. I got a smokin deal on my 21' Campbell... it was a running boat on a decent trailer for $4k. Well, 14 months and over $25k later the boat is getting closer to completion, but I still haven't done the interior yet. However, like Corleone my dad and I are essentially building a brand new boat, so its pretty expensive. My last boat was a GN style Nordic V-bottom V-drive that we restored top-to-bottom with a lot of scrounging and creative parts picking for about ten grand. So it can be done...
Dan

dmontzsta
03-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Wow! I thought jet boats were inexpensive. Now I hear V-drive boat OWNERS inquiring about V-drive cruisers in that price range. I wonder if the person looking for the V-drive cruiser has any idea as to how much the parts, labor, or design/install cost or happened? I have known for over 15 years that most NEW V-drive boaters, came to V-drives because of COST. They found people who were willing to part with their "old V-drives" for PENNIES on the dollar. I also feel that the "old time V-drive owners" don't really care about "book values" until they have an insurance claim. I have had past customers call me on the phone and say " I sold that old flat boat too cheap". A V-drive boat is a 'different boat', the owner MUST be aware of how the componants work. Other boats (jet, I/O, O/B) are more 'user friendly', but they lack the BRUTE performance of the V-drive. If a "used" $6K boat is viewed as GOOD, they why would anyone purchase a new $60K V-drive boat? This is why I have avoided building any new V-drives. The parts have not gone down in price, nor has the quality! What makes any of you think that an "old V-drive", one who has survived thru the years (where others have not), is worth so little? If it is a POS, don't buy it! If it is "the real deal", step up, and buy with pride! It was made in America! By Americans! It lasted thru the years! I think it comes down to 'cheap crap, VS. hand built American "art". "I rest my case, but NEVER my heart".
ok :eat: I guess they are made in Japan now? :confused: