PDA

View Full Version : Shootin for Anna

Roostertail
03-13-2005, 06:06 AM
Well after a long day in the paint booth!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3060100_0246a.jpg http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3060100_0248a.jpg

Wet Dream
03-13-2005, 06:29 AM
Dammit Terry, thats a hell of a job there!!!

shirkey4750
03-13-2005, 07:13 AM
WOW!! Lookin good Terry.

DansBlown73Nordic
03-13-2005, 01:13 PM
Looks GREAT....I can't wait for ANNA..... :D

Lady Warhawk
03-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Hot dog Terry, looks awesome. I wanna ride in it :smile: :cool:

fat rat
03-15-2005, 03:59 AM
Very nice..............there's gonna be a lot of new paint jobs this year.

MarKist
03-15-2005, 04:42 AM
Dude , that's sick! :D :D
Markist

Roostertail
03-15-2005, 04:47 PM
The paint scheme turned out really well and I love it. However it has some dirt in the clear that I am not happy with. I am going to try and buff it out, but I am really thinking about sanding and re-clearing it. We will see!

Huffer
03-15-2005, 09:00 PM
WRONG COLORS :) MEET YA AT ANNA!

HammerDown
03-16-2005, 05:39 AM
I wanna ride in it :smile: :cool:
....kinky... :D

Wetter the Better
03-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Terry
Lookn real good,I love the blue.If you need any tips or help give me a call
Hint:do a reclear,youll be glad you did!
later
stan

Lady Warhawk
03-16-2005, 06:50 PM
....kinky... :D
Hey, I'm starting to think Kinky is my middle name :jawdrop:
And I have YOU to thank for that :hammer2:
We're going to Grants this weekend to was, and vac MY boat, so maybe on our way back, I'll think of you, and get some country sauage :D

Roostertail
03-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Well the boat paint is done. I did sand it and re-clear it. Then I buffed the hell out of it. Now I am taking the trailer a part and making a few repairs. I hope it will be at the powder coaters on Monday of next week. I cant match the blue in powder coat so I think I will just do it in white and maybe add some flames to the fenders.
Terry

MizBubba
03-22-2005, 07:40 AM
...We're going to Grants this weekend to was, and vac MY boat, so maybe on our way back, I'll think of you, and get some country sauage :D
I figured that's where you were... I tried to call you.... :confused:

promod
03-22-2005, 08:34 AM
I figured that's where you were... I tried to call you.... :confused:
miz b need to get mike in gear and get yaws boat ready for the warms weather thats on the way and test out all your new goodies :jawdrop:
not to sure about this sausage thing :hammer2:

shirkey4750
03-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Well I thought I was doing pretty good with the sanding and prep of the boat, till I went to blow out a stress crack that I had just ground out to put panel bond in, when a big chunk of paint flew off the deck. Well I started picking at it and more paint kept chipping. Found out that about three or four paint jobs ago the paint didn't adhere to the primer. So I am now in the process of stripping the whole boat with a razor blade. Paint just peels off and leaves a nice shiny primer. About half done with the stripping, then I will have to sand the primer off.

Roostertail
03-23-2005, 02:33 AM
John,
That sounds like a job!! Just when you think you are getting along good and it all goes down hill. :jawdrop: I hope the rest of the job goes well. See ya at Anna!!!
Terry

promod
03-23-2005, 04:30 AM
Well I thought I was doing pretty good with the sanding and prep of the boat, till I went to blow out a stress crack that I had just ground out to put panel bond in, when a big chunk of paint flew off the deck. Well I started picking at it and more paint kept chipping. Found out that about three or four paint jobs ago the paint didn't adhere to the primer. So I am now in the process of stripping the whole boat with a razor blade. Paint just peels off and leaves a nice shiny primer. About half done with the stripping, then I will have to sand the primer off.
keep your head up john least you'll know it done right once you get all the old paint off and down to the gel keep sweating for us we want to see the new colors

MizBubba
03-23-2005, 07:20 AM
miz b need to get mike in gear and get yaws boat ready for the warms weather thats on the way and test out all your new goodies :jawdrop:
not to sure about this sausage thing :hammer2:
He's been working hard.... We got the bowl converted, droop installed, OT headers on, and transom holes plugged.
I developed a love/hate relationship with the 'new' headers! I spent several hours with them, a bottle of "Blue Away" and a polishing wheel.... I still got black sh*t under my nails!

HammerDown
03-23-2005, 08:14 AM
I developed a love/hate relationship with the 'new' headers! I spent several hours with them
Dare I say it...ok I will...KINKY :p

MizBubba
03-23-2005, 12:05 PM
Dare I say it...ok I will...KINKY :p
Hammer, you don't know the half of it...
I can polish anything with the right motivation! :crossx:

MarKist
03-23-2005, 06:11 PM
He's been working hard.... We got the bowl converted, droop installed, OT headers on, and transom holes plugged.
I developed a love/hate relationship with the 'new' headers! I spent several hours with them, a bottle of "Blue Away" and a polishing wheel.... I still got black sh*t under my nails!
these always helped me.............Rubber Gloves :idea: :idea: :D :D
Markist

MizBubba
03-24-2005, 08:00 AM
these always helped me.............Rubber Gloves :idea: :idea: :D :D
Markist
NOW you tell me!!! :lightsabe
Thanks, bro!

Lady Warhawk
03-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Hammer, you don't know the half of it...
I can polish anything with the right motivation! :crossx:
As Hammer would say KINKY :eat:
Wish you were here this afternoon, Daniel had ME waxing the boat. If I say so mahself, it looks wunnerful :D
I think he's got the leak problem fixed too :clover:

miketsouth
03-25-2005, 02:57 AM
Daniel had ME waxing the boat. If I say so mahself, it looks wunnerful :D
I think he's got the leak problem fixed too :clover:
one step forward for men's liberation. i wish Teri would wax her boat. :D

Lady Warhawk
03-25-2005, 04:15 AM
one step forward for men's liberation. i wish Teri would wax her boat. :D
LOL Mike, that's the only thing I can do. I don't think he trust me to do the wireing, and all that stuff :jawdrop: