PDA

View Full Version : HBF Boat Detailer?????

Havasu Luvr
04-24-2006, 07:00 AM
Just a quick question concerning a HBF member who details boat in LHC. His name is Doug (just bought Warlock25's business?). I met him this past weekend and he seems to do a GREAT job on the boats, so after talking to him to see if he was available this week to detail my 29' Shockwave prior to the Poker run I convinced him to detail my boat on Thursday for a few extra $$$$$. My question is .... Is he dependable? & trust worthy???? I am in Cali this week and left my keys to storage with friends in the park. They will give Doug the keys Thursday morning to go detail my boat.... Any responses would be GREATLY appreciated.

sigepmock
04-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Just a quick question concerning a HBF member who details boat in LHC. His name is Doug (just bought Warlock25's business?). I met him this past weekend and he seems to do a GREAT job on the boats, so after talking to him to see if he was available this week to detail my 29' Shockwave prior to the Poker run I convinced him to detail my boat on Thursday for a few extra $$$$$. My question is .... Is he dependable? & trust worthy???? I am in Cali this week and left my keys to storage with friends in the park. They will give Doug the keys Thursday morning to go detail my boat.... Any responses would be GREATLY appreciated.
Hey Dave, Doug did a great job on my boat this last weekend. Great work and a great price....even squeezed me in at the last minute so it would be done before the poker run.
Chris

dicudmore
04-24-2006, 07:02 AM
absolutely :cool:

INSman
04-24-2006, 07:04 AM
David
He is doing my boat on Wednesday and has the keys to my house if that helps you :cool:

dicudmore
04-24-2006, 07:06 AM
no wonder he can't do mine...both of you FOCKERS are taking up all his time :mad: I thought it was an anti-Ultra thing for a minute :rolleyes:
LOL I've left him the keys to my house also, several times...no worries!

riverbound
04-24-2006, 07:06 AM
He does my boat in Parker...and has the keys to my storage unit. does GREAT work and goes above and beyond to make sure his customers are happy. he has always made sure I was happy with the boat.
I HIGHLY recommend him.

sigepmock
04-24-2006, 07:09 AM
absolutely :cool:
Nice meeting you this weekend Dan. Thanks for the offer for a ride....we'll make sure to catch up with you earlier next time.
Nice to meet you too Mike.
Maybe we can meet up with you guys next weekend for a test ride. Mike I really want to get a look at the mid cabin of yours too. Cocktails on me next time we catch up with you guys.
Chris

INSman
04-24-2006, 07:13 AM
no wonder he can't do mine...both of you FOCKERS are taking up all his time :mad: I thought it was an anti-Ultra thing for a minute :rolleyes:
LOL I've left him the keys to my house also, several times...no worries!
you live close enough to where you can do it yourself !!! That little 27 footer of yours should only take a few minutes anyway !!! :)

Havasu Luvr
04-24-2006, 07:19 AM
Hey Dave, Doug did a great job on my boat this last weekend. Great work and a great price....even squeezed me in at the last minute so it would be done before the poker run.
Chris
Yeah, he seems to be genuine (sp?). He said he was booked-up for the next 2 weeks so I offered him twice the going rate and help yourself to the bar inside the boat. He thought for awhile then shook my hand to close the deal BUT declined the offer to the bar....
:rolleyes: I respect that part.... :)

riverbound
04-24-2006, 07:20 AM
Yeah, he seems to be genuine (sp?). He said he was booked-up for the next 2 weeks so I offered him twice the going rate and help yourself to the bar inside the boat. He thought for awhile then shook my hand to close the deal BUT declined the offer to the bar....
:rolleyes: I respect that part.... :)
He also posts here pretty regularily Big Doug is his screenname.

dicudmore
04-24-2006, 07:21 AM
you live close enough to where you can do it yourself !!! That little 27 footer of yours should only take a few minutes anyway !!! :)
oh thats just funny :)

JetBoatRich
04-24-2006, 07:21 AM
Doug is a great guy, No worries with him and your property :cool:

dicudmore
04-24-2006, 07:22 AM
Nice meeting you this weekend Dan. Thanks for the offer for a ride....we'll make sure to catch up with you earlier next time.
Nice to meet you too Mike.
Maybe we can meet up with you guys next weekend for a test ride. Mike I really want to get a look at the mid cabin of yours too. Cocktails on me next time we catch up with you guys.
Chris
good to meet you guys as well...anytime on that ride :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
04-24-2006, 07:23 AM
Does he have to take extra care with your 1980's day-glo "Lifesaver" paint?
:cry:

Havasu Luvr
04-24-2006, 07:49 AM
LMAO....is that like "Feel the Rainbow" Skittles?... Sorry Blaine, I just had to say that
:rolleyes:

INSman
04-24-2006, 07:50 AM
80's, please....
Brandie said she loves it, so that is good enough for me !!
p.s. Gel, not paint dummie

Havasu Hangin'
04-24-2006, 07:57 AM
80's, please....
Brandie said she loves it, so that is good enough for me !!
p.s. Gel, not paint dummie
Brandie is just humoring you because she's afraid of you (she told me). :squiggle:
I'm glad it's gel...I'd hate to see it come off from being waterlogged!
PS- you're right..more like 70's.

SummitKarl
04-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Big Doug is a close friend and close neighbor. it almost seems hurtfull to me that you ask this on a board you know he reads. :rolleyes:
YOUR STUFF COULDN"T BE IN MORE TRUST WORTHY HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OH BTW he has more hours as captian on my own boat than I do... :)

Havasu Luvr
04-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Big Doug is a close friend and close neighbor. it almost seems hurtfull to me that you ask this on a board you know he reads. :rolleyes:
I understand that this thread could be considered an insult toward Doug. I told him that I might start a thread to ask his past/current and possibly future clientile (sp?) of his business ethnics and Doug HIGHLY recommend it. He said that I would be more then happy with the responses I would recieve from the boards... and it seems Doug is right :)

sigepmock
04-24-2006, 08:56 AM
I used him based on the possitive feedback from guys like Tom (DILLIGAF) and others......
Got three compliments on the boat just sitting in the driveway....Doug definately did a good job. With all the work he's getting hopefully he can get the outdrive fixed soon.

dicudmore
04-24-2006, 08:59 AM
perhaps this is just a thread to give some free advertising :wink:

SummitKarl
04-24-2006, 09:02 AM
I used him based on the possitive feedback from guys like Tom (DILLIGAF) and others......
Got three compliments on the boat just sitting in the driveway....Doug definately did a good job. With all the work he's getting hopefully he can get the outdrive fixed soon.
POOR guy is swamped right now....Doug and his lovely bride, work their butts off to the point of collapse........the two of them most likely have the most physically demanding jobs in Havasu....

Kachina26
04-24-2006, 09:03 AM
My question is .... Is he dependable? & trust worthy????
I dunno, I had him detail my boat once and found that the 10 cents that I left in my cup holder was GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
J/K, I have met him a few times, and I think he's a real standup guy. I think you'll be happy with him.

SoCalHD
04-24-2006, 12:20 PM
DILLAGAF-Maybe this guy can detail the boat for you??? :idea:

sigepmock
04-24-2006, 01:22 PM
DILLAGAF-Maybe this guy can detail the boat for you??? :idea:
I bet he could get you done before the Poker Run.....he made time for Havasu Luvr.....

Racer277
04-24-2006, 01:58 PM
I would have no problem trusting Doug.
He is one of the Good Guys.
I'm sure this will be one of his busiest weeks ever. He's probably cutting you a deal at double the price.

BigDoug
04-24-2006, 04:40 PM
I really appreciate all the nice words from all of you and consider all to be friends.
Im really having a tough time right now because i had to turn away Dillagaf (Tom) cause i just couldn't squeeze him in, you should have seen his pm, he was litterally begging and pleading with me, he made one mistake though, he should have said "i'll pay you whatever you want" he'd have a detailed boat by this weekend, so Havasu Luver (sp) got wind and now he slips into Toms spot for double the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ can you say cha ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....Is this unethical ?.....oh boy, what did i get myself into......crap :220v:

riverbound
04-24-2006, 04:41 PM
I really appreciate all the nice words from all of you and consider all to be friends.
Im really having a tough time right now because i had to turn away Dillagaf (Tom) cause i just couldn't squeeze him in, you should have seen his pm, he was litterally begging and pleading with me, he made one mistake though, he should have said "i'll pay you whatever you want" he'd have a detailed boat by this weekend, so Havasu Luver (sp) got wind and now he slips into Toms spot for double the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ can you say cha ching $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.....Is this unethical ?.....oh boy, what did i get myself into......crap :220v:
I will pay you half of normal price to get mine done for me ;)
did you get my pm?

BigDoug
04-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Yes i did Bill...and sent one your way too..

Mrs.Killer
04-24-2006, 05:12 PM
I was thinking the same thing :rolleyes:

INSman
04-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Brandie is just humoring you because she's afraid of you (she told me). :squiggle:
I'm glad it's gel...I'd hate to see it come off from being waterlogged!
PS- you're right..more like 70's.
My PM's from Brandie indicate otherwise, you lose Jocko !!! :)
p.s. Get some paint on that overweight milk wagon of yours already :crossx:

kanedog
04-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Doug is gay.

BigDoug
04-25-2006, 06:38 AM
Damn it Robin, now everyone will think i wear speedos on my boat. :cry:

dicudmore
04-25-2006, 06:43 AM
y'all want to know how big a chump this Big Doug is??
for weeks now I've been trying to get him on the water to give him a demo ride in my boat...he's been too busy taking care of customers boats to break free for a day on the lake...his customers are #1, guess he's doing it right :D Just busting your balls Doug keep up the good work :cool:

BigDoug
04-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks Dan, im letterally beat right now, im going to go and float in the pool like a pig wallowing in the mud. :)