PDA

View Full Version : Havasu Furniture stores????

OutCole'd
03-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Is there any place in town to buy some decent furniture? It would be a lot easier than bring stuff from Vegas on every trip.

Mrs.Racer277
03-13-2005, 10:10 AM
I heard it is more costly there. But I have yet to check into it yet. I have a few more months yet. Check with Warlock 25. :)

Havasu_Dreamin
03-13-2005, 10:13 AM
Bill, we got a good deal on our dining room table at Arizona furniture. They are over by Sears. We bought all of the big items in Havasu to furnish the house. Also check out Ashley, just East of the new Terribles, that's where we got our leather couches and chair. We got our beds at Sofa City, but alas, it burned down and was not rebuilt.

Mrs. 4-B
03-13-2005, 10:15 AM
Windsor Square has some beautiful stuff. They're on MuCulloch next to Albertson's. Worth checking out.

cc322
03-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Windsor Square has some beautiful stuff
IMO that place is way over priced. You are better off buying in Vegas and hauling it to havi, you will save money

six two
03-13-2005, 10:36 AM
Michael Alan Furnishings, its on Acoma near Mohave Community College. got all my bedroom furniture there.

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-13-2005, 10:38 AM
The furniture is more costly in Havasu because it is shipped from L.A.. we bought in L.A and trucked it to Havasu. it wasn't easy but saved alot of money. :D

THOR
03-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Did you buy a place Bill?

mtndewdrops
The stores in town are pricey, We rented a U-haul one way from So Cal for $300.

Mandelon
Is there any place in town to buy some decent furniture? It would be a lot easier than bring stuff from Vegas on every trip.
Cmon Billy, they've got plenty of 1x12's and cinder blocks at Home Depot. :D

Mrs.Racer277
03-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Now you sound like the hubby. He says we have plenty of beach chairs. :wink: :argue: :wink:

OutCole'd
03-13-2005, 10:46 AM
Sounds good. And some sleeping bags for beds. I have some old coleman lanterns I can use for lamps.
Nevermind, I am set, who needs furniture. :hammerhea

djunkie
03-13-2005, 11:17 AM
The furniture is more costly in Havasu because it is shipped from L.A.. we bought in L.A and trucked it to Havasu. it wasn't easy but saved alot of money. :D
I did the same. 2 loaded trucks and 2 14' uhaul trailers loaded. Did it all in one trip.

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-13-2005, 11:39 AM
I did the same. 2 loaded trucks and 2 14' uhaul trailers loaded. Did it all in one trip.
that's what we did.. made it so much easier for us. :D and still had time to party. :p

Backfire
03-13-2005, 11:42 AM
Yes-
The furniture in Havasu is more expensive because it is bulky and fragile, hence, expensive to ship! If you feel that the time and expense of self transporting will save you enough to be "worth it" than I would suggest that you do it that way.
We have a wide range of furniture shopping experiences, from the pricey and high quality to the cheapo places.
I don't suggest ordering furniture around here unless you want to sue to get it. I also would suggest trying to get a printed "customer satisfaction" policy before making any deposits.
When I moved here, I was appalled at the prices of stuff (like metal) and then realized that there is a huge cost in self-transporting stuff from Phoenix (190 miles) Vegas (150 miles) or the 909/951 (approx 220 miles) that usually isn't justified by the cost savings. Even the need to clothes shop out-of-town is an expensive fiasco, necessitated by local merchandisers lack of taste.
To be blunt-
I haven't got the time or gas money to waste on saving a few cents (or even dollars) on an item out-of-town, when there is a local businessman who has invested in making that item available here. That local businessman will support a building here, pay taxes, spend HIS earnings locally, perhaps support little league and soccer, and hopefully prosper and continue to provide the convenience of local availability of his products or services.
I also know which businesses spend more time in court than on customer satisfaction!

djunkie
03-13-2005, 11:48 AM
that's what we did.. made it so much easier for us. :D and still had time to party. :p
Ya we thought we'd unload eveything in the first day we arrived. Well when the first beer was opened we were screwed. Hell it was August. Ended up taking the 4 of us 2 days to unload.

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-13-2005, 11:49 AM
Ya we thought we'd unload eveything in the first day we arrived. Well when the first beer was opened we were screwed. Hell it was August. Ended up taking the 4 of us 2 days to unload.
LOL!! not to mention what had to be put together. :eek: :wink: :) :)

djunkie
03-13-2005, 11:54 AM
LOL!! not to mention what had to be put together. :eek: :wink: :) :)
Ya assembling bedroom sets at 3am after I've drank about a 12 pack is not very easy. :rollside:

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Ya assembling bedroom sets at 3am after I've drank about a 12 pack is not very easy. :rollside:
LOL!! it's not very easy sober either. :220v: :p :p

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 12:12 PM
The rental price, gas to fill that pig and then to pay the mileage at the end, It would be cheaper to just buy it there.,......

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-13-2005, 12:15 PM
The rental price, gas to fill that pig and then to pay the mileage at the end, It would be cheaper to just buy it there.,......
no.. it's actually not. furniture is almost 50 - 70 % more in Havasu. as apose to where we got ours.

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 12:19 PM
WOW, they mark it up that much

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-13-2005, 12:21 PM
yeah!.. Jamie and I went to quite a few stores and finally the last one the lady told us to buy it in lL.A since we lived there it was alot cheaper because it is shipped from L.A to Havasu.. that is where the price is.. they pass it on to the customer.

djunkie
03-13-2005, 12:25 PM
We thought that we would buy all our furniture there also. When we went looking and saw the prices we said "fock that" and decided do buy near home and bring it out. We estimated that we saved around $5k. I think we paid about $100 for each trailer to rent and then loaded them and the trucks up and did it all in one trip. So I think we did save money cause you gotta get out there anyways. Might as well bring the stuff with you.

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 12:27 PM
That sucks for the residents that live there.....

djunkie
03-13-2005, 12:29 PM
That sucks for the residents that live there.....
Ya it does. Supposedly there is a few places that you can get discounted used furniture. Actually not used, but furniture that was used in model homes. It is supposed to be a good deal but I heard the selection is limited.

phebus
03-13-2005, 12:34 PM
I may have a house full of nice furniture for sale if the home I'm selling sells unfurnished.
Stay tuned, if it sells unfurnished, I'll be selling fast and cheap!!

DEEZ NUTTS
03-13-2005, 01:05 PM
Go to Arizona Furniture. Ask for Mike Washburn and tell him Deez Nutts sent you. If Washburn isnt there go back when he is. He will deal.
Been friends with him for years.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-13-2005, 01:39 PM
DN, is he somewhere between 40-50 and wears glasses and a mustache? If so, that is who we bought our dining room table from and as I said, we feel we got a good deal.

SBullet
03-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Go to Arizona Furniture. Ask for Mike Washburn and tell him Deez Nutts sent you. If Washburn isnt there go back when he is. He will deal.
Been friends with him for years.
I second that! Mike is a pretty cool guy, he will give you a deal!!

DEEZ NUTTS
03-13-2005, 05:26 PM
DN, is he somewhere between 40-50 and wears glasses and a mustache? If so, that is who we bought our dining room table from and as I said, we feel we got a good deal.
No he is 32 and no mustache. Sometimes bleaches his hair and looks like jackass. Photo evidence
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/830105_0587_Small_.JPG

Tequila-John
03-13-2005, 05:50 PM
I bought all our stuff for our condo in Parker at Bobs Furniture. GREAT priced....

Music to my Ears
03-13-2005, 06:36 PM
I may have a house full of nice furniture for sale if the home I'm selling sells unfurnished.
Stay tuned, if it sells unfurnished, I'll be selling fast and cheap!!
Rick, I told you that I'd buy your furniture if it was available after your house sells. :rollside:

voodoomedman
03-13-2005, 08:41 PM
It all depends on what kind of shopper you are. We bought everything for our house out there at Ashley and bought our beds at another place that the locals swear by I just can't remember the name right now. Ashley furniture is comparably priced to the same stuff you get here. But it is ordered just like here and takes a couple of months. So if you want name brand quality stuff go to Ashley and if you buy a lot then haggle with them. That's what we did. You are not going to find small places like here that you can get no name brand stuff and lowball them on the price. But when something goes wrong at least you will be able to call Ashley and not be 4 hours away from some screwball business owner that you got a "great deal" from.

Essex502
03-14-2005, 07:07 AM
We've shopped pretty much every furniture store in LHC. Our bedroom set came from Michael Alan's. Broyhill and we paid about 5-10% more per piece than our local best price on the same Broyhill in Valencia. The cost and trouble of transporting it wasn't worth the slight extra amount.
Our living room and dining room furniture (less the accessories) came from the former Sofa City. We luckily got our last piece (dining room table) out 3 days before their fire. Gilbert was great to work with over there and always had a sharp pencil to discount of of the listed price. He has now opened his own place - Furniture by Design - and deals are to be had. Our endtables in the living room are from Ashley - pretty much the same price as we were quoted in CA as Ashley is a huge national firm. Arizona furniture - once we were turned onto them by Havasu_Dreamin' (thanks Scott!) has supplied a few more pieces - floor lamps, table lamps, a great chaise - at reasonable prices. Furniture showcase supplied the guest bedroom set - again at a reasonable price.
The moral of the story is...shop around. Many of the stores sell the same stuff and can be played against each other. Negotiate. Everything is negotiable. The accessories are usually cheaper to by here in Cali and take but it's up to you to determine the bother factor versus a little more. 70% markup...I personally haven't seen it and we furnished the house almost comletely in LHC.

Mtg Pro
03-14-2005, 08:03 AM
We bought our entire house full of furniture from Ashley's. I checked did a lot of price checking for what we needed. I could have gotten it cheaper in Orange County from Wick's. It was just easier to have them order it and deliver. Jennifer gave me the best prices she could and the deliver guys couldn't have been better.

Krumbsnatcher
03-14-2005, 08:08 AM
If you want some really nice cool looking designer furniture just north of acoma on the lake side of 95 Casa Tory. He is designer from so cal, his stuff will definitely appeal to anyone.

voodoomedman
03-14-2005, 03:48 PM
We bought our entire house full of furniture from Ashley's. I checked did a lot of price checking for what we needed. I could have gotten it cheaper in Orange County from Wick's. It was just easier to have them order it and deliver. Jennifer gave me the best prices she could and the deliver guys couldn't have been better.
Jennifer was our sales girl too. She gave us this coupon she saved for like 350 bucks off and still worked with the prices after that. Great deal. And she has some nice knockers to look at while your furniture shopping.

OutCole'd
03-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Lots of great info here everyone. Thanks.

OutCole'd
03-31-2005, 07:33 PM
Just a little info. I shopped prices at three different Ashley furniture stores (long story :rolleyes: ), and the Havasu store was the same as the San Diego store & way cheaper than the Vegas store.
So, it it not necessarily more expensive just because it was Havasu. And Jennifer is the girl that help me, and she was great.

voodoomedman
03-31-2005, 07:38 PM
Just a little info. I shopped prices at three different Ashley furniture stores (long story :rolleyes: ), and the Havasu store was the same as the San Diego store & way cheaper than the Vegas store.
So, it it not necessarily more expensive just because it was Havasu. And Jennifer is the girl that help me, and she was great.
Yes and Jennifer has big knockers. But other than that there customer service does kinda suck though.

Essex502
04-04-2005, 06:32 AM
Note that Arizona Furniture also sells Ashley and deals on the prices too. I bought 4 barstools that were $119 at Ashley and I got them fro $99 at Arizona Furniture. Ashley only takes orders unless it's closeout merchandize where Arizona you can take it with you.