I bet he owns his own house thou. :crossx:
that daddy bought

LUVNLIFE
03-13-2005, 01:41 PM
Crapped out in Vegas. :p
And he caused the accident :jawdrop:

JustMVG
03-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Give him all the crap you want, but he did apologize and took full responsibility for the wreck, maybe he did get some of the fame from daddy, but he is NASCARS most popular driver, has won the the Daytona 500, and that was AFTER Daddy had passed on. Do you think the "Chase " last year would have been more or less exciting had Dale Jr. not been in the top three, he's a dream for NASCAR, but there will always be a driver people do not like for whatever reason, thats part of what makes racing fun.
MikeVG

Blown 472
03-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Another quality post
thanks yall

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Give him all the crap you want, but he did apologize and took full responsibility for the wreck, maybe he did get some of the fame from daddy, but he is NASCARS most popular driver, has won the the Daytona 500, and that was AFTER Daddy had passed on. Do you think the "Chase " last year would have been more or less exciting had Dale Jr. not been in the top three, he's a dream for NASCAR, but there will always be a driver people do not like for whatever reason, thats part of what makes racing fun.
MikeVG
I agree.. I like Dale. He is a good driver and so what if he has his dad's name. what makes certain people on here any different then him.. just Fame. :shift:

Havasu_Dreamin
03-13-2005, 03:22 PM
He may have had a rich dad but he worked at his dad's Chevy dealership changing oil. Also, when he first started in the Busch series, his dad did not give him new equipment nor the best used equipment, he wanted him to learn what it was like to drive in not the best equipment so that he would appreciate it later on.

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Some one else helped him out......
I want to see him drive ward burton's car or kenny schraders car and see if he can get a top 20 finish, Doubt it.....

cdog
03-13-2005, 03:55 PM
Dale Jr. is a pretty good guy who is very grounded and grateful to be where he's at. I've met him when he was racing bush and at his first year in winston cup at phoenix. Anyone who talks trash about him is either a hater or just jelious. Plus he's a great driver when his cars workin right. Gotta love all these monday morning neck car comments. :p

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Not a hater and jealous, not that either....
And its sunday after noon comments...
how come all the young guns are doing so well except him....
and he is published the hardest the hardest of all of them.....

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Oh by the way has he ever won a IROC RACE???????????????????

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-13-2005, 04:07 PM
maybe just a bad year?
how about UCLA.. :D :D bad year or do they just suck. :D :D

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Dont get me started Char, Im gonna page your boy-in-ton
They suck and have for 4 years now.....
and he still sucks too....

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-13-2005, 04:14 PM
LOL!! just messin with ya.. :D

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:15 PM
I know, I wonder where Boy-in-ton is thou..... Wonder if the Crazy glue is still stuck to his hand from the last time he wacked off to your pics....

essexjet
03-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Hey kilr....can UCLA take Texas Tech and coach Bobby

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Hey kilr....can UCLA take Texas Tech and coach Bobby
What on a date..... I dont follow BB too much.....

cola
03-13-2005, 04:19 PM
HELL YEAH, I hate him
living off of daddy money and name
That seems a little harsh coming from you.

essexjet
03-13-2005, 04:19 PM
What on a date..... I dont follow BB too much.....
I believe its on the 17th. Looks like a hard bracket for them.
Take a look (http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/mens/brackets/viewable/2005/DI)

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:20 PM
That seems a little harsh coming from you.
And that would be why......

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:21 PM
I believe its on the 17th. Looks like a hard bracket for them.
Take a look (http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/mens/brackets/viewable/2005/DI)
Even if they get past them, I think Gonzaga will take them out.....

essexjet
03-13-2005, 04:22 PM
Even if they get past them, I think Gonzaga will take them out.....
I agree with you but, its march madness and you never know!

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:24 PM
In the past couple of years Ucla has lost its zest for life in all sports

essexjet
03-13-2005, 04:25 PM
In the past couple of years Ucla has lost its zest for life in all sports
Very true, I would like to see them do good but they strugled all year

cdog
03-13-2005, 04:25 PM
The greatest driver in the world is nothing without a well set up car and the best setup car is nothing with out a good driver. It really is a team sport.
He is one of the best and has come up the ranks. I can tell you as a ex kart racer champion, equipment is key to winning races but talent is the only way to get the equipment to work correctly. To be honest it was strange to meet someone who has so much act so humble and normal.

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:27 PM
This guy has 15 cars, How many drivers have 15 cars.... each car is for specific tracks and he still cant get it done.....
Im sure he is a great person, im not referring to that....

cola
03-13-2005, 04:27 PM
And that would be why......
He's a man, having to live up to a legend. How do you think your son will do when your gone.

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-13-2005, 04:28 PM
I know, I wonder where Boy-in-ton is thou..... Wonder if the Crazy glue is still stuck to his hand from the last time he wacked off to your pics....
LOL!! I don't know I Haven't seen him . :idea:

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:30 PM
He's a man, having to live up to a legend. How do you think your son will do when your gone.
hopefully alot better in life than I have and hopefully his son will do alot better in life than he.....
but I dont think my son will ever catch my post count, Im a legend in my own mind

cola
03-13-2005, 04:31 PM
hopefully alot better in life than I have and hopefully his son will do alot better in life than he.....
but I dont think my son will ever catch my post count, Im a legend in my own mind
So true.

Havasu_Dreamin
03-13-2005, 04:34 PM
This guy has 15 cars, How many drivers have 15 cars.... each car is for specific tracks and he still cant get it done.....
So, to follow your logic, anyone that drives for DEI, or any other well funded team that has cars dedicated for different tracks, and does not get it done would be a loser as well. So, let's use your logic, Kurt Busch waw a loser up until last year, even though his team has been well funded for years. And apparently Dale Jarret sucks as well since he has not really done anything since winning the championship.

cdog
03-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Drivers go thru slumps just as in any other sport. I believe he has had some changes with pit cheifs and crew lately. Take a look at Stewart. Another great driver, ya he's got a abrasive attitude and i'd say he took over dale sr.'s intimidor title. He's not been doing that well lately. There's an old saying in racing "that's racin" Shit goes wrong more than it goes right.

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:39 PM
So, to follow your logic, anyone that drives for DEI, or any other well funded team that has cars dedicated for different tracks, and does not get it done would be a loser as well. So, let's use your logic, Kurt Busch waw a loser up until last year, even though his team has been well funded for years. And apparently Dale Jarret sucks as well since he has not really done anything since winning the championship.
Not my logic, Who else has 15 cars... answer the question.....
and nobody is as well funded as is he.....
also has he ever won an IROC race...
when did i say he was a loser, please remind me.....

No Doubt
03-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Not to change your guys subject, but was that the Kilrtoy family on page 77 in the lastest ***boat magazine on a DCB boat ?

Havasu_Dreamin
03-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Well, let's see, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch, to name a few. Do I know if they have 15 cars for sure certain? No I don't, but neither do you I suspect. But EVERY well funded team has anywhere from 10-15 cars. And all of the top guys are in well funded rides, in excess of $15 million per year.
You're right, you never said loser, but you say you hate someone it is reasonable for me to think you think they are loser. If I inferred incorrecly there, that's my fault.

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Not to change your guys subject, but was that the Kilrtoy family on page 77 in the lastest ***boat magazine on a DCB boat ?
I have heard this but cant confirm this.....

cdog
03-13-2005, 04:46 PM
While he can't use funding as an excuse, I can't remember him using it as one.
Have you ever race'd a real race car before? Do you know that everything on the car is adjustable? Fo instance in today's race there was a driver who took two pounds of air pressure out of the tires and went from 7th to getting lapped. Point is there's limitless way's to f up the handeling on a race car.

No Doubt
03-13-2005, 04:47 PM
I'm pretty sure it's you guys on what looks to be a 29 DCB with twins. Those boats are too sweet, by the way congrats on your new ride. I saw some pics that you posted. Just thought I would let you know you in the magazine. Take care.

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Well, let's see, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch, to name a few. Do I know if they have 15 cars for sure certain? No I don't, but neither do you I suspect. But EVERY well funded team has anywhere from 10-15 cars. And all of the top guys are in well funded rides, in excess of $15 million per year.
You're right, you never said loser, but you say you hate someone it is reasonable for me to think you think they are loser. If I inferred incorrecly there, that's my fault.
he is the only one that has 15 cars that I know of....
I dont care for him for one simple fact, he is making it off of his fathers name....
And to help answer questions that you cant or chose not too . NO he has never won an IROC race... He as a matter of fact does miserable... Why, he is in a vehicle that is set up the same as everyone else's, so with the level playing field he cant compete

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:57 PM
While he can't use funding as an excuse, I can't remember him using it as one.
Have you ever race'd a real race car before? Do you know that everything on the car is adjustable? Fo instance in today's race there was a driver who took two pounds of air pressure out of the tires and went from 7th to getting lapped. Point is there's limitless way's to f up the handeling on a race car.
Yes im well away of the endless possiblities of how you can change the dynamics of a race car and no I have never driven one and probably never will......

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 05:08 PM
lets see here
a 3rd
a 32nd
and
today
a 42nd......
all that money and another great start..... :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Kurt Busch a loser
2001 first year on the circuit
a 27th
2002=3rd
2003=11th
2004=WORLD CHAMPION.....
damn if that is a loser, call me a loser.......

JetBoatRich
03-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Kilrtoy is you son posting here now :eek:

Boatcop
03-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Maybe a name will get you in the door. Good crew, good cars, money and publicity will get you in the race. But talent and a little luck on the track is what will keep you in the "Chase".
If who your dad was is all it takes, someone explain why Kerry Earnhardt hasn't accomplished anything. Even running Childress equipment?
Oh. And someone tell Robby to bag those Menard engines. Talent doesn't count for anything if you can't finish the first 1/3rd of the race.
Daytona: Wrong Intake
Charlotte: Blowed up
Mexico: Blowed up
Vegas: Blowed up
There's a bunch of drivers I can't stand, and hope to see in the wall every week. (Not to be injured, just to whack out their car(s).
Busch
Harvick
J. Gordon
Mayfield
Stewart
just to name a few.
But it still doesn't mean I don't respect them for their talent and ability to pilot a racecar.

KACHINA KEN
03-13-2005, 05:51 PM
there will always be a driver people do not like for whatever reason, thats part of what makes racing fun.
MikeVG
Like Gordon, never too late in the day to hate him.

JustMVG
03-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Just to let you know, during the "off" season, the Dale Jr. cars were swapped with the Waltrip cars, Waltrip is now driving Jr.s cars and Jr Mikeys cars, also the teams were swapped, and Jr.s has an all new crew and a new crew chief, there will be some time before any team gels, Mike Waltrips former CC is now Mayfields, Yes DEI is having some woes and i am sure they'll be fixed soon, How about JJ's car being too low at post race tech, and Kyle Busch right rear fender a little too high, and of course Harvicks team and the Gas tank silliness, as to the guy having 15 cars, the same if not more can be said for a whole lotta of teams in NASCAR thats just the way it is nowadays.
Hope that can shed some light for those casual race fans..... :D :D

JustMVG
03-13-2005, 06:21 PM
lets see here
a 3rd
a 32nd
and
today
a 42nd......
all that money and another great start..... :hammerhea
Lets see a caution thrown at Daytona only after Jeff Gordon passes Jr, restart and Jeffy wins, no yellow a given that Jr would have won that race, yes i am a Jr fan but it was a little questionable the way that yellow came out, California they tried an aggressive setup and it failed them , thats racin', Vegas, well just look at last year and you'll see that the Bud team has not done well there, lets see what Atlanta has to offer the Dale Jr. bashing club, although it's a non restrictor plate race he'll do well there.
MVG

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Jr likes hotlanta
and his dad did very well there....
See a pattern here....
HMMMMMMMMMM

racecar.hotshoe
03-13-2005, 06:31 PM
Jr likes hotlanta
and his dad did very well there....
See a pattern here....
HMMMMMMMMMM
He may be living on Daddy's money and fame but Daddy aint driving that #8.... :notam:

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 06:34 PM
He may be living on Daddy's money and fame but Daddy aint driving that #8.... :notam:
No shit, if daddy wa driving it would be WINNING

RP1
03-13-2005, 06:40 PM
I bet he owns his own house thou. :crossx:
Ouch! I'm sure this has some meaning that is negative :idea: I know KLR must have a nice pad with all those nice toys... where'd this comment come from and what's it got to do with NASCAR :confused:

OutCole'd
03-13-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm no huge fan of little E, but he is a winning driver. Kyle Petty is racing off his dad's money & name also, how many races has he won?

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 06:46 PM
Ouch! I'm sure this has some meaning that is negative :idea: I know KLR must have a nice pad with all those nice toys... where'd this comment come from and what's it got to do with NASCAR :confused:
he is a C@CK sucker, no other reason....
im between houses right now.....

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 06:47 PM
I'm no huge fan of little E, but he is a winning driver. Kyle Petty is racing off his dad's money & name also, how many races has he won?
Does he even have ONE fan......
and yes that is the only reason he is even here.....

RP1
03-13-2005, 06:49 PM
he is a C@CK sucker, no other reason....
im between houses right now.....
Figured he was being an @sshole, just didn't get it. Being between houses is always a tuff sitaution at best... good luck!

chickenhead
03-13-2005, 06:58 PM
you guys that think dale jr has everything the best then how in the last race could he have 3 blown tires inless than 5 laps. his cars might be the best but the car cant do shit without a good team and a driver. give him kurt busch or matt kenesh team and he would dominate.

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 07:07 PM
you guys that think dale jr has everything the best then how in the last race could he have 3 blown tires inless than 5 laps. his cars might be the best but the car cant do shit without a good team and a driver. give him kurt busch or matt kenesh team and he would dominate.
and if his crew would have been next in line he would not have gotton those tires and someone else would have gotton those tires...
That was the bad luck of the draw

chickenhead
03-13-2005, 07:12 PM
no it wasnt the tires it was the dumb ass crew not fixing what was wrong the first time in the pits so instead of going one lap down the first time over the total of flats he went 5or 6 down.

cola
03-13-2005, 07:47 PM
and if his crew would have been next in line he would not have gotton those tires and someone else would have gotton those tires...
That was the bad luck of the draw
Or maybe it was the fender strut cutting the tires. I don't think there are many first generation drivers in the cup. You have to follow someone. Who you chasing Killer.

Racer277
03-13-2005, 08:03 PM
This thread is funny.
Like Mike said, how many drivers are not there thanks to their family?
Do you think Budwieser really cares if JR. wins or not, no, he is super popular.
Do you know how many drivers buy thier rides? Many. Talent has little to do with racing at the highest levels. It only gets worse, look at F1.
Do you take into consideration how Neckar (like any other top level sport) manipulates the race finishes?
I am a fan of Dale Jr, although I am not a fan of Neckar. He is not just a driver, but has continued his father's businesses, and raced at the same time. He didn't really want to race, his father pushed him into it.
I'm also a Robby G, and Kevin H. fan.

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 08:06 PM
His wife is continuing the business...
I like Martin, Rusty and sterling.....
its hard to root for an underdog........
every year.....

mtndewdrops
03-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Now you are talking... :smile:

cola
03-14-2005, 07:39 AM
Now you are talking... :smile:
Nice looking boat by the way.

JustMVG
03-14-2005, 07:42 AM
every year.....
And it's just going to get harder for ya as they retire, but keep that hope alive.... Sterlin has a few more years ahead of him...

cdog
03-14-2005, 08:31 AM
every year.....
Ha! Well that explains it. Rusty's a has been, martin's retiring and sterling is less than sterling! :squiggle: Are you also a raider's fan? :p
Here's where your screwed up. If you really love racing, Ragging on drivers is stupid. There's alot of other drivers that you could ask "why bother and why are you here?". Like Kyle petty. Now there's someone who is there because of daddy. I've met some of these guy's and am a fan of the sport because I respect what they do. I've got a challange for you. Go to a local kart track, take a class and then rent a kart for a race. If you can win a race within the first year of racing karts your pretty good. Most likely you'll be gettin lapped.
Racing is not football. While everyone has favorites, every single one of these guy's risk's his life every time they get into the car, 1 to do what they love, 2 to make lots of money and 3 to entertain fans , show some respect .

Kilrtoy
03-14-2005, 11:09 AM
OH COME ON......
I have raced plenty and have yet to lose, you just dont know....
Raiders FAN please I hate the raiders.....
Jr fans are the biggest arrogant toothless pricks......
They risk there lives for lots of money......
I can name a shit load of more people that risk their lives for next to nothing and they are hereos ........and never get respect....
its a damn sport these guys are hereos or gods.....NOT :coffeycup
and yes petty needs to get the hell out HE SUCKS......

schiada96
03-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Say what you want about Kyle he sure has done alot of good with Victory Junction

cdog
03-14-2005, 11:45 AM
OH COME ON......
I have raced plenty and have yet to lose, you just dont know....
Raiders FAN please I hate the raiders.....
Jr fans are the biggest arrogant toothless pricks......
They risk there lives for lots of money......
I can name a shit load of more people that risk their lives for next to nothing and they are hereos ........and never get respect....
its a damn sport these guys are hereos or gods.....NOT :coffeycup
and yes petty needs to get the hell out HE SUCKS......
Never said they were gods or heros. I find it sad that your rippin on this guy just because of who his dad was and you don't even know him. I've met him, he's a cool guy and that's why i'm a fan. If he was a prick, paul tracy type driver i'd agree with you. By your rational you could say that all cops are fuggin A holes just because I had a bad experiance with one. I would'nt say that but you can see how your profiling can be turned on yourself. By the way, I have beautiful teeth. :D

Kilrtoy
03-14-2005, 11:53 AM
You are rippen on me and don't know me , So what now..... :)
I never said he was a prick....
All Im saying is he is living off of daddies name and money and I dont think he is THAT good......
put him in Ward Burtons car or Kenny Schraders car and I can assure you he wont ever finish above 20th.......
probably 25th more like it

cdog
03-14-2005, 11:59 AM
You are rippen on me and don't know me , So what now..... :)
I never said he was a prick....
All Im saying is he is living off of daddies name and money and I dont think he is THAT good......
put him in Ward Burtons car or Kenny Schraders car and I can assure you he wont ever finish above 20th.......
probably 25th more like it
Wll opinions are like assholes. And your intitled to yours. Did'nt mean to ruffle your feathers. I've been around racing all my life and have meet alot of pricks with big ego's. Jr's quite a bit different from my experiance. Good luck with that. I'm not here to argue.

Kilrtoy
03-14-2005, 12:11 PM
Didnt ruffle any feathers... I know nothing about the man personally. I am speaking on his driving ......
he cant win on a level playing field and IROC has proved that....

cdog
03-14-2005, 12:14 PM
So....Why did'nt you get another shockwave? Just curious.

Kilrtoy
03-14-2005, 12:20 PM
One afternoon while sitting on my couch, the phone rang and it was Dave...
He emailed me an offer 5 mintues later that was too good to be true.... But it was true and the rest is history.......

cdog
03-14-2005, 12:23 PM
One afternoon while sitting on my couch, the phone rang and it was Dave...
He emailed me an offer 5 mintues later that was too good to be true.... But it was true and the rest is history.......
Nice boat, DCB has some of the best graphic's i've seen so far. How do you like the wackers Vrs the IO?

Rod-64
03-14-2005, 12:24 PM
WOW! This thread took off................All I have to say is with all the Budweiser I've downed over the years, I should have my own race car. :D
Oh well.............off to Havasu...................to go to work. :(

JustMVG
03-14-2005, 12:49 PM
I went back and looked at the IROC races that Jr was in, and yes he did terrible except for a second place right behind his dad, that was when he was right out of Busch and getting ready to step up to Cup, i wonder how he'd do now if he were invited to run again, there might be a different outcome, and if he and his team do not get their stuff together and soon i fear that Jr. will become the NACAR equivilant of ANNA Kournikova, popular with the fans but never won the title.
Time will tell.
MVG

schiada96
03-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Man we sure are on a guy who has won alot of races, two busch titles and a lot more. He is not my fav driver but he has done more than anyone here in racing.

schiada96
03-14-2005, 01:42 PM
I went back and looked at the IROC races that Jr was in, and yes he did terrible except for a second place right behind his dad, that was when he was right out of Busch and getting ready to step up to Cup, i wonder how he'd do now if he were invited to run again, there might be a different outcome, and if he and his team do not get their stuff together and soon i fear that Jr. will become the NACAR equivilant of ANNA Kournikova, popular with the fans but never won the title.
Time will tell.
MVG
Kind of like Mark Martin?

JustMVG
03-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Kind of like Mark Martin?
YUP!!!