PDA

View Full Version : jarheads

Schiada76
04-24-2006, 07:04 AM
Sooooooo has anyone here watched that extreme POS movie Jarheads?
According to the movie, starring Jakeoff Gaylenhal, all Marines are:
Completely insane
Fags that like to dance naked with each other
Idiots that hold their friends down and BRAND them
So kill crazy that if they aren't allowed to shoot someone they assualt their CO and cry like a little girl
The best part was the, crazy, Marine that was playing with a charred corpse :rolleyes:
What a fcking piece of shit!
FCK Hollyweird

Poster X
04-24-2006, 07:11 AM
I haven't seen the movie but war can create some pretty bizarre behaviour.
I had a cousin that was green beret in Nam and he carried a pic in his wallet of him driving a jeep with a corpse in the passenger seat. He finally discarded it but was a recluse until his death.
I've seen several documentaries of soldiers in Iraq and they are starting to do some pretty bizarre stuff. Things that to us, seem bizarre anyway? I doubt I'll see the movie, unless it comes to cable soon? I guess, war IS hell?

Schiada76
04-24-2006, 07:35 AM
No liberal boy, they are not doing "some pretty bizzare stuff" this was anti military hollyweird bullshit.
I have plenty of friends that have been in country mutiple times and no, they don't like to get naked and dance around a bonfire with with each other.
liberals are scum :220v:

Poster X
04-24-2006, 07:54 AM
Not everyone opposed to Bush is a Liberal. Not everyone that is a democrat is a liberal. Not everyone is affected the same by war. I haven't seen the movie so I am not commenting on it. I am merely saying, war does promulgate strange behaviour in some cases. Depends on their personal experience and mental state. It's not the same for everyone.

Schiada76
04-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Not everyone opposed to Bush is a Liberal. Not everyone that is a democrat is a liberal. Not everyone is affected the same by war. I haven't seen the movie so I am not commenting on it. I am merely saying, war does promulgate strange behaviour in some cases. Depends on their personal experience and mental state. It's not the same for everyone.
Typical liberal horseshit.
"I haven't seen the movie but I'll comment on it anyway even if I'm just talking out of my ass"
Liberals are scum and idiots :rolleyes:

HM
04-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Yes, war affects everyone different. And before PosterX starts asking people to be nice, some of the people on this board suffer from Terrets when anyone post anything they disagree with. So, if you ridicule them for calling you names, then you are only picking on the handicapped, and that is just sad.
:D

Schiada76
04-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Yes, war affects everyone different. And before PosterX starts asking people to be nice, some of the people on this board suffer from Terrets when anyone post anything they disagree with. So, if you ridicule them for calling you names, then you are only picking on the handicapped, and that is just sad.
:D
HEY!!!! It's spelled TOURETTES!!!! Learn to spell what's the matter with you!!!! Blah Blah Blah. JK :D
I'm just a little pissed about the anti military trash that hollyweird has put out. If posterx could read he would understand I was posting about a specific movie. He didn't respond to my post just started talking out his ass as usual, ignoring the subject. :boxed:

HM
04-24-2006, 08:54 AM
HEY!!!! It's spelled TOURETTES!!!! Learn to spell what's the matter with you!!!! Blah Blah Blah. JK :D
I'm just a little pissed about the anti military trash that hollyweird has put out. If posterx could read he would understand I was posting about a specific movie. He didn't respond to my post just started talking out his ass as usual, ignoring the subject. :boxed:
I'm wich you. They site a couple antedotal examples of someone being messed up by war and it is then generalized that all military is like that. Or, they themselves went to war, got f'd up in the head (read John Kerry) and assumed everyone else was f'd up in the head.
You guys just kinda let loose on the name calling at times, and I think it hurts your argument instead of making them look ignorant as you truly intend to.

Rexone
04-24-2006, 08:59 AM
You guys just kinda let loose on the name calling at times, and I think it hurts your argument instead of making them look ignorant as you truly intend to.
Exactly.

Poster X
04-24-2006, 09:13 AM
I don't mind so much. It speaks volumes and explains a lot.

SmokinLowriderSS
04-24-2006, 03:19 PM
I haven't seen the movie but war can create some pretty bizarre behaviour.
I had a cousin that was green beret in Nam and he carried a pic in his wallet of him driving a jeep with a corpse in the passenger seat. He finally discarded it but was a recluse until his death.
I've seen several documentaries of soldiers in Iraq and they are starting to do some pretty bizarre stuff. Things that to us, seem bizarre anyway? I doubt I'll see the movie, unless it comes to cable soon? I guess, war IS hell?
Interesting ... I have actually found 1 thing I can agree with PosterX on, all the above. Mind you, I did not meet his cousin, so I have nothing there, but I have met quite a few Nam-vets in my travels, many are rather strange (although definitely decent) people, often with bizzare tales which, placed in a context other than "Mainstreet USA", are really not all that bizzare.
Whether the movie is an on-purpose "Holly-wacked" portrayal of the millitary or not, I cannot speak to (probably is). Those things irritate the hell out of me too. I have not seen the movie either. I just don't get out to see movies often (not much reason to these days, lousy movies).
Dancing naked arround a fire in the dark, you've never experienced "Coed Naked Fire Jumping" then .... your loss. Not uncomon among friends of mine, camped out secluded area at a lake, drinking heavilly, YEA BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy!!!! :rollside:

SmokinLowriderSS
04-24-2006, 03:20 PM
I agree.

SmokinLowriderSS
04-24-2006, 03:21 PM
I don't mind so much. It speaks volumes and explains a lot.
Again, we part ways, and dissagree.
The meeting of the minds was fleeting. :crossx:

Poster X
04-24-2006, 05:06 PM
So you think name calling is a valuable way to conduct a debate? In my mind it only reflects on the culprit. One must make a judgement on the willingness of the other using it in lieu of scads of available reparte. But, I really don't mind. I find SteveO quite hilarious and the poster child for the uber neocon.

Blown 472
04-24-2006, 05:49 PM
So you think name calling is a valuable way to conduct a debate? In my mind it only reflects on the culprit. One must make a judgement on the willingness of the other using it in lieu of scads of available reparte. But, I really don't mind. I find SteveO quite hilarious and the poster child for the uber neocon.
Dude, you are talking way over his head now, you need to throw out a yall or sumpin just to keep him in play. And then bring up pinkos, that gets him all worked up.

Poster X
04-24-2006, 07:20 PM
I'm not beyond a subtle aside myself after I've been assaulted again and again but, I tend to lean toward observational nuance such as, "Using that much synapse in one reply could singe that unibrow." etc.
Oh..and Pinko's!!!!!

SmokinLowriderSS
04-25-2006, 03:11 PM
No, actually my take from your post was that you didn't mind the name-calling, especially since you have a history of it. I do not just generally drop to name-calling as a way to make an argument.

Poster X
04-25-2006, 03:36 PM
I have no history of name calling. Maybe you should research it? I usually take about 200 traitors and 3 or 400 hundred scum remarks before I even toss out a unibrow retort. Even then, I retain a sense of humor and don't use aggressive or demeaning responses.

SmokinLowriderSS
04-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Really ..... you don't name-call ........... :rolleyes:
No history at all .................. :rolleyes:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :220v:
Explain the below then. I'm too bored to dig the rest out.
seig heil
Axis of Sheeple, (that's you and the other unibrows)
calling me a f'ing NAZI
insensitive nazi
you are indeed a Nazi.
you're a fascist

Poster X
04-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Like I said, those were responses..not antagonism. Besides, I doubt any of those would be construed as name calling so much as perspective idiom.

Red Horse
04-25-2006, 07:33 PM
THat movie portrayed Marines as undisciplined, unprofessinal idiots. That is not an acurate representation of our military.

SmokinLowriderSS
04-26-2006, 03:26 PM
THat movie portrayed Marines as undisciplined, unprofessinal idiots. That is not an acurate representation of our military.
All the marines (and former marines) that I happen to know, happen to be HIGHLY disciplined and HIGHLY professional (and have reason to be highly proud). Correct, it is NOT an accurate representation.

Mighty Thor
05-02-2006, 09:14 PM
I guess the movie could have been about how war Screws You Up, except that the guys never acutally get to fight. Every time they head into battle it is all over by the time they walk there. So basically the movie is all about a bunch of guys who train to be soldiers then never actually do anything cause they have to walk everywhere they go. POINTLESS!!!!

Seadog
05-03-2006, 05:36 AM
Lowrider, I am a Nam vet that you are aquainted with. Are you trying to tell me something? I thought I was unique, not a little strange:D
My Dad did two tours and I did one. To this day, I will not talk with him about some of the things I have seen, but he has no problems with most of his war stories. And he went through a lot more than I did. But he was also in his late thirties when he went there. I suspect that young men are more shocked by the change it makes to their world and are less prepared for it. But most of the vets I know are every day joes that just want to leave it over there.

Flying Tiger
05-04-2006, 08:31 PM
We've seen some real garbage from Hollywood.
I think the only movie that came close to one being in the service was maybe 'Pvt Ryan.'
The overall worst movie next to Jarhead has to be the POS ' Deer Hunter.'
What complete crap.
Would rather watch Clark Gable navigate his sub through the Bongo straights.
Cain Mutiny was pretty good too.
When I came home from my 4 year tour in the Marines in '72 I threw my ribbons in my drawer (still there), and like my dad does,, don't talk much about it.
Except an occasional post around Veterans day:
"We took cargo containers, welded them together, added window AC units & covered them with sand bags.
Every evening several nice VietNamese girls in tight jeans and Bikini tops would ride up on their Go peds, open the place up, fiere up the boombox and serve us beer, play music and anything that,,,,
(to be continued on Vets day)"

Racer277
05-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Haven't seen the movie, but I had started the book.
I put it down 1/3 through, won't bother with it again.
This guy (Author) was a thief and a criminal before he went in, went in as a move to stay out of jail, then complains about everything. What a little bitch.
I've had a few Marines work for me, and several from other services. I've always been impressed with their professionalism, skills, and attitudes. I don't believe this is a good representation, just Hollywood crap..
It's no "All Quiet on the Western Front" if that's what he was trying for.
My .02

Racer277
05-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Let me add that he is an admitted thief during his duty.
He sold MRE's and other Marine's gear (that he stole) to San Bernadino pawn shops for money.
At least that's what he wrote in the book.
I've got a barely used copy if anyone is thinking of buying the book. I'll give it away.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Seadog, I must have been tired the other night ( I was) and likely closed my reply window instead of hitting "submit", oh well. No, you're decidedly not "strange", at least not the side I personally know, and I am glad to know you. A thanks to you and your father for your service to this country. :)
Flying tiger, my apreciation to you for your time served as well, Thanks. :)
All 3 of you (and a half-million others) deserved a better reception on coming home :mad: , nothing anyone can to to "FIX" that now, 30 years too late. :220v:
Thank you tho. :boxed: