PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about Havasu!!!

summerlove
03-13-2005, 02:48 PM
OK, so here's my situation:
My brother and I just finished building two brand new homes right next door to one another. They are both 3 bed/3bath Bridgewater homes with 1770 sq ft each. The garage is 40' deep and about 32' wide with 8' doors. The homes are very nice with many upgrades.
My brother can't use his house for about a year due to his pending marriage and businesscomittments, so he has asked me to float this idea to you:
Would you rent a house in Havasu for the summer that was your's for the summer, fully furnished - and all you had to do was pay the rent? He'd like to get a tenant from May-Oct Everything in the house would be BRAND NEW and you would be the only occupant during the time you had it. You could leave your clothes, your boat, a car, whatever you wanted. Full alarmed as well. Very nice neighborood. Price TBD, but more importantly, would you do it?
Thanks, Rick
PS: While this is not the house - it is EXACTLY like it in every way (this is my old house) I can send pics tomorrow if you're interested.
http://www.oursummerlove.com/LAKEHAVASU94945.jpg

Kachina26
03-13-2005, 02:55 PM
If I had the money I would. Considering I go at least twice a month, I spend a good deal of money on lodging. Not to mention boat storage. If you need pics, let me know. I've got all kinds of pics of his house :D

summerlove
03-13-2005, 02:57 PM
I've got all kinds of pics of his house :D
It's nice having a working "model" isn't it!

moneypit
03-13-2005, 04:01 PM
If the price was right..

OutCole'd
03-13-2005, 04:04 PM
I definately think that would be possible. Last year, I rented a park model at the Islander just for all the convience of leaving everything at the lake all year.

Perfect Mixer
03-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Definately if the price is right!

Danzo
03-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Im very interested!!!!!!!!How much is he asking for rent?

OutCole'd
03-13-2005, 04:15 PM
I heard the D Row boyz would love to rent a place like this for all of them to use this Summer.

Mandelon
03-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Price is the key factor....... What's his payment???? :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:35 PM
I think it has been said, What is the price.....

summerlove
03-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Here is the actual house. The inside is of mine, but the layout is the same.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/951HPIM3192.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/951HPIM3170.JPG

summerlove
03-13-2005, 04:38 PM
I think it has been said, What is the price.....
we haven't really talked price yet, but most likely about 1500 and he (my bro) pays utilities...I have a call into him right now asking the same question....

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Thats alot for a summer house, but im sure there alot of people that can swing that....

summerlove
03-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Thats alot for a summer house, but im sure there alot of people that can swing that....
I just spoke with my brother, and he's somewhat neogitable but thinks the 1500 is fair, considering it's fully furnished, brand new, and it will be you'rs for the entire period. I usad to rent a condo for 750 a week so this is a pretty good deal, plus no boat storage fees - that's worth about 150/month!

Kilrtoy
03-13-2005, 07:20 PM
not saying it is too high, just too high for me.....

summerlove
03-13-2005, 07:58 PM
not saying it is too high, just too high for me.....
no, I wasn't saying that, sorry. But, what wouold be a good rate? Say 1,350/month for the six months, and saving 150/mo for storage has to be appealing, or so I'd think...this is new to us, so we're just curious.

Racer277
03-13-2005, 08:21 PM
SL, the price seems reasonable, but of course, I'm not in the market. :rolleyes: I don't see why the snowbirds would pay this during the winter, and you wouldn't get it during the summer.
Fully furnished new house, aren't you nervous that you will get it after someone has 'broken' it in?
Just curious, good luck to you, wish this was offered a year ago.

summerlove
03-13-2005, 08:48 PM
SL, the price seems reasonable, but of course, I'm not in the market. :rolleyes: I don't see why the snowbirds would pay this during the winter, and you wouldn't get it during the summer.
Fully furnished new house, aren't you nervous that you will get it after someone has 'broken' it in?
Just curious, good luck to you, wish this was offered a year ago.
I've rented to the 'birds before, but summer river rats are a differwent issue! That said, I have no worries about fellow members of this forum. Self governance - but if they can afford it they are respectable anyways and we wold not expect any problems.

HM
03-13-2005, 08:57 PM
I have a question.....don't you have bet to settle with a few peeps from the boards? Where the heck is the salt? :rollside: :rollside:

TBONE1904
03-13-2005, 09:04 PM
I am currently looking for a summer rental on the river, but I am in the $650-$700 per month range.

phebus
03-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Rick, we need to talk about this. I think something like this would work perfect for us. If we sell or Havasu house, and sell this house, it gives us a place to live while we are shopping for a new place out there, and we can also store our furniture in the garage. Let's see what happens with the Havasu house in the near future, if it sells soon, this place will go right up for sale, and the summer will be a sure thing.
Rick

Waldo
03-14-2005, 12:17 PM
DonJohnson on the boards was looking for an "on the water" Parker rental for those months. He boats a lot on Havi...I'll shoot him a PM to see if he is interested.

summerlove
03-14-2005, 06:36 PM
I have a question.....don't you have bet to settle with a few peeps from the boards? Where the heck is the salt? :rollside: :rollside:
I have the rum and am ready to put salt in the wounds. We're just never there at the same time!

summerlove
03-14-2005, 06:37 PM
Rick, we need to talk about this. I think something like this would work perfect for us. If we sell or Havasu house, and sell this house, it gives us a place to live while we are shopping for a new place out there, and we can also store our furniture in the garage. Let's see what happens with the Havasu house in the near future, if it sells soon, this place will go right up for sale, and the summer will be a sure thing.
Rick
If you provide the furniture then it will be much less! This could work out pretty good if it happened.

Backfire
03-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Rick-
$1500 a month is about the monthly rent that something new like that should go for-- unfurnished!
I've been surfing vacation rentals here and $900 per week seems to be the going rate for non-holiday. I'm considering offering my house as a vacation rental if it doesn't sell because the quality of tennant is much better than monthly tennants.