PDA

View Full Version : So how was ZERO TOLERANCE this weekend

Not So Fast
04-24-2006, 07:06 AM
Any stories, the channel seemed pretty crowded to me at least on Sat. are the LE still craking down? :cool: Next weekend will for sure be,shall we say watched over what with the Laughlin Run and Desert Storm going on, be careful out there :D NSF

HavaTan
04-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Leaving the Turtle Friday night???
I can't believe it, I was leaving the turtle about 8:40something going direct from the cove to the marina ramp and lo-and-behold... da popo!!!
Rolls up behind, lights me up. Why you ask... Because I had my dock lights on when I pulled off the beach in front of the NT.
Wait, it's the same jerkoff from last Saturday!!! (You may remember, they tried to roll my in the channel after the sandbar Saturday afternoon). Come on, I've been going to Havasu since my teens, had 4 different boat and yes when I was young and poor I did partake in the Sea-Doo experience... I have never even been looked at twice by the PO. BUT, my latest boat is a new JC Pontoon, which must make me a 2ND CLASS CITIZEN!!! I have been PROFILED twice in two weeks.
Anyway, I digress, so now they supposedly have PC. Anyone guess what the next question is... That's right Bob, tell them what they've won! Now, I am one of the most sober types at the river and I tell him this and so on... Of course, they are determined to have me perform some roadside olympics (I mean, on-boat olympics). What a waste of time, I really am the sober guy, but whatever.
Either way, what pisses me off is that they were not happy that I was sober and responsible. It seemed they were more frustrated that they didn't pull off one last BUI of the night!?! As they pushed off, I didn't get a, "Thank you, have a good night." What I got was a, "HA HA, WE'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW."
What a bunch of POS BADGE MONKEYS!
Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

UnionJack
04-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Thats why April doesn't let me go to the river with you anymore. There was less to worry about when you had the Nordic.

Havasu Hangin'
04-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Did you have your "get out of jail free" passenger with you?
:D

LOWRIVER2
04-24-2006, 08:36 AM
Lord knows YOU do

cdog
04-24-2006, 08:40 AM
I was there on Easter weekend and witnessed the same thing. They have popo in boats, quads and in golf carts. The guy's on land watch for drinkers in boats and radio the boat guy's. I saw them do it. Also it seems they pick guys out of the crowd that look under age or are loaded with tattoos. I actually had a conversation with one of the younger cops and he was a nice guy. They are just doing the job they should have been doing years ago (in my opinion). Some of them are taking it too far. If I have a drink I have it in a plastic cup. I would not wave around beer cans in the channel anymore. You're sure to bet questioned that way.

CBadDad
04-24-2006, 08:40 AM
I didn't get a, "Thank you, have a good night." What I got was a, "HA HA, WE'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW."
That's just wrong on so many levels. They can do their job, I'm cool with that, but those MFers work for you/us. We pay their wages and that attitude needs to be shelved for the punks that are outta control.
Pisses me off to no end when I hear that kinda stuff.

HavaTan
04-24-2006, 08:44 AM
Did you have your "get out of jail free" passenger with you?
HAHA, no I didn't. I think he stayed local. But, I really hadn't been drinking. I just was sharing an amusing story, although I am starting to feel like Mr. King.

Havasu Hangin'
04-24-2006, 08:50 AM
HAHA, no I didn't. I think he stayed local. But, I really hadn't been drinking. I just was sharing an amusing story, although I am strating to feel like Mr. King.
It's just another example of the man trying to keep a brotha down! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/cool/cool0047.gif
You should have just borrowed his badge. Wait...do CHP even have real badges?
:eek:

Phat Matt
04-24-2006, 08:51 AM
I saw a guy in a red magic deck get pulled over in the channel and taken away. They put the orange vest and the cuffs on, and took him for a ride.

HavaTan
04-24-2006, 08:54 AM
I can just imagine the "beatings" this weekend with the Harley and Poker Runs. I'm sure it will be ridiculous, but hey, I'll be there Thursday to roll the dice!!!
CRAP, box cars again!

JB in so cal
04-24-2006, 08:55 AM
I saw a guy in a red magic deck get pulled over in the channel and taken away. They put the orange vest and the cuffs on, and took him for a ride.
wha, wha whaaaaatttttt!!??? :220v: :220v:
Hopefully. Mine's still tucked safely away :)

NOTALENT
04-24-2006, 08:55 AM
I didnt see too many cops this weekend...normally the channel has alot of the coast guard boats going through....but I only saw 1.

Phat Matt
04-24-2006, 09:06 AM
wha, wha whaaaaatttttt!!??? :220v: :220v:
Hopefully. Mine's still tucked safely away :)
Nope, it wasn't yours. I want to say it was red and gray and white. I don't remember exactly though. He had a boat load of people on it though.

Racer277
04-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Hey Matt!
We had a nice lunch yesterday at Javelina's, and enjoyed music from your boat while we were eating! :rollside:
Nice system, sounded good from where we were! :)

cdog
04-24-2006, 09:23 AM
They put the orange vest and the cuffs on, and took him for a ride.
We saw that too. It's like their version of a dunce hat. :rollside:

Phat Matt
04-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Hey Matt!
We had a nice lunch yesterday at Javelina's, and enjoyed music from your boat while we were eating! :rollside:
Nice system, sounded good from where we were! :)
You couldn't hear it from there. I was around the corner. :)
If you really could....damn. :D

Racer277
04-24-2006, 09:35 AM
You couldn't hear it from there. I was around the corner. :)
If you really could....damn. :D
Yes, we were on the patio and we could here it!
As soon as it started, we knew it was yours. :)
Nice!!

SummitKarl
04-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Any stories, the channel seemed pretty crowded to me at least on Sat. are the LE still craking down? :cool: Next weekend will for sure be,shall we say watched over what with the Laughlin Run and Desert Storm going on, be careful out there :D NSF
AS always Bobby I was out and had Zero Tolerance for stupidity.... :hammerhea
but I think the cops had Zero tolerance for the 3'+ wind blown chop :rollside:
they played it safe and stayed on shore

sigepmock
04-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Normally I'm not a bash the Cops kinda guy, I know they have a tought job and hell half my family and friends are L.E. of some type but I have to share a small but bad incident with the Police in the Channel Saturday. We rolled into to town late and didn't launch so we drove down to the channel, ate lunch in the park and then walked up and down the sidewalk with the baby in stroller just to look around and say hi....Well there are three cops on the island side, two on quads and one in a golf cart......and they think they own the sidewalk....the first time we passed them they had 3/4 of the sidewalk blocked but I was able to squeeze by with the stroller....I thought well maybe they didn't see us since we came up behind them........we go down to the Agave turn around and head back....now this time they've got the whole sidewalk blocked.......I make a point to smile and be friendly as we come up to them hoping they'd see me and maybe move the ATV off the the side......nope no such luck....they look right at me and stay put. My wife walks around in the sand and I try to go around but the stroller doesn't do so well in the sand so my wife has to come back and help me carry the stroller out of the sand...the whole time the A$$hole cops are sitting there watching us.....I couldn't believe it!!!!!! As we got the stroller back on the sidewalk I turned around and "Thank you very much for blocking the sidewalk!!! and making the City Proud!" My wife tells me to shut up but I couldn't believe it. I kept thinking "Why??" What are they proving by being Jack Asses like that....all they are doing is making the few us of that still respect them.....change our minds and start talking crap and giving them as much grief as possible....
Sorry had to vent,
Chris

robk
04-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Normally I'm not a bash the Cops kinda guy, I know they have a tought job and hell half my family and friends are L.E. of some type but I have to share a small but bad incident with the Police in the Channel Saturday. We rolled into to town late and didn't launch so we drove down to the channel, ate lunch in the park and then walked up and down the sidewalk with the baby in stroller just to look around and say hi....Well there are three cops on the island side, two on quads and one in a golf cart......and they think they own the sidewalk....the first time we passed them they had 3/4 of the sidewalk blocked but I was able to squeeze by with the stroller....I thought well maybe they didn't see us since we came up behind them........we go down to the Agave turn around and head back....now this time they've got the whole sidewalk blocked.......I make a point to smile and be friendly as we come up to them hoping they'd see me and maybe move the ATV off the the side......nope no such luck....they look right at me and stay put. My wife walks around in the sand and I try to go around but the stroller doesn't do so well in the sand so my wife has to come back and help me carry the stroller out of the sand...the whole time the A$$hole cops are sitting there watching us.....I couldn't believe it!!!!!! As we got the stroller back on the sidewalk I turned around and "Thank you very much for blocking the sidewalk!!! and making the City Proud!" My wife tells me to shut up but I couldn't believe it. I kept thinking "Why??" What are they proving by being Jack Asses like that....all they are doing is making the few us of that still respect them.....change our minds and start talking crap and giving them as much grief as possible....
Sorry had to vent,
Chris
In the 14 years or so that I've been going to Havasu, the only time I've ever dealt with LE there was when I was a witness to some guy on a runabout who tried to run over some kid's dad who had yelled at him for riding too close to shore and almost hitting the kid.
I hope things aren't as bad as they sound from these zero tolerance threads -- in all honesty, I think attitudes like this are going to scare off the folks that come out just to relax, not the troublemakers who don't seem to care anyway. I've always liked Havasu because it's so quiet and relaxed out there, from which you can probably tell I'm not the weekend channel/sandbar crowd.
Rob

Phat Matt
04-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Sorry had to vent,
Chris
I think you need to put a lift kit on your stroller and bling it out a bit. ;)
That is pretty rude not to move. :(

Not So Fast
04-24-2006, 11:57 AM
I sort of side with Kilr on this and when the Chief of Police and King Harvey didnt get their way and were told to enforce the laws in place that they took this to heart and unfortunately they are going beyond reasonable enforcement just to be able to say "I told you so" in future Council meetings. It's a shame but maybe a message will be sent that Havasu is cracking down and some of the undesireables (sp) will get the message, As one guy said "it's a broad sword we swing and sometimes good people get caught up as well as the bad". I know for a fact that this weekend will be heavy with LE everywhere you go, so play it safe. You too Karl :rolleyes: Peace,NSF

LHC30Victory
04-24-2006, 12:24 PM
I agree that is is well past time to enforce the existing laws to reign in the outlandish and unsafe behavior. BUT there is a proper way to do that and it is NOT to be chicken shiP!
One of the biggest problems with Zero Tolerance is that those officers who are short on common sense or who have their own anger issues tend to go overboard with very minor instances and thus have little time to find those violations that need addressing. The resultant public opinion rails against the good, hardworking officers who do things right and overall, less long term cooperation is gained.
I would suspect also that should LHC (and other LE's) PD be found to be issuing tickets and making arrests that are wholesale overturned by the courts (I hope everyone in this category makes the time to fight and win), that they are opening themselves and the city to liability for creating a culture that ignores the statutes and thus may be infringing upon civil rights under color of authority. That was a big part in LAPD's consent decree!
Support the LE out there that does their job right and seek to redress those who do not!

Kilrtoy
04-24-2006, 12:44 PM
I agree that is is well past time to enforce the existing laws to reign in the outlandish and unsafe behavior. BUT there is a proper way to do that and it is NOT to be chicken shiP!
One of the biggest problems with Zero Tolerance is that those officers who are short on common sense or who have their own anger issues tend to go overboard with very minor instances and thus have little time to find those violations that need addressing. The resultant public opinion rails against the good, hardworking officers who do things right and overall, less long term cooperation is gained.
I would suspect also that should LHC (and other LE's) PD be found to be issuing tickets and making arrests that are wholesale overturned by the courts (I hope everyone in this category makes the time to fight and win), that they are opening themselves and the city to liability for creating a culture that ignores the statutes and thus may be infringing upon civil rights under color of authority. That was a big part in LAPD's consent decree!
Support the LE out there that does their job right and seek to redress those who do not!
LOWriver is gonna be after you now.... :boxed:

Havasu Hangin'
04-24-2006, 12:46 PM
It sounds like "zero tolorance" is working...
...if your goal is to chase off the trouble-makers with strollers.
:notam:

Kilrtoy
04-24-2006, 12:46 PM
The guy in the MAGIC DECKBOAT......
I saw him get pulled over, I could see from the shore he was drunk. Needless to say he was taken away and then the LE Officers let a sober woman onboard drive away......
MY QUESTION IS.........
WHY WAS SHE NOT DRIVING TO BEGIN WITH......
Could have saved them 1,000 of dollars if not in the 10's of thousands....

H20 Toie
04-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Guess i will just have to blend in and not bring any attention to myself which should be easy with all the high rollers that will be there this weekend.

HavaSkank
04-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Rumor has it that the "bitch in braids" (the skinny chick cop) loaded up a girl on the back of the golf cart last season and forgot to belt her in....
Apparently she took off and the poor drunken Valley girl did a header onto the sidewalk. She had her wrists zip tied behind her and gravity was not in her favor.
Larry H. Parker has wetdreams about these types of claims! Another demonstration on the efficiency and professionalism that IS Havasu's finest.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
04-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Rumor has it that the "bitch in braids" (the skinny chick cop) loaded up a girl on the back of the golf cart last season and forgot to belt her in....
Apparently she took off and the poor drunken Valley girl did a header onto the sidewalk. She had her wrists zip tied behind her and gravity was not in her favor.
Larry H. Parker has wetdreams about these types of claims! Another demonstration on the efficiency and professionalism that IS Havasu's finest.
You gotta admit it's kinda funny

LOWRIVER2
04-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Reading the scenario,
Since when does the badge and gun mean a man can't have the intestinal fortitude to ask the cop blocking the path to please move the golf cart so that he can get the stroller through?
What's the cop gonna do? not move? That would be a fair complaint and justified. Or was there fear of retaliation? For what? family man disturbing the peace?
My point,
Cops do stupid things such as park a golf cart or cruiser in the wrong place from time to time. Call them out on it and ask them to move. At least you'll get a response that: 1.may prove the cop to be an arse, or, 2. The cop was'nt considering the action of blocking the path and moves the cart and might even say "sorry". (Oh, I know a cop would never do that, right?LOL)
I just laugh everytime some middle class person on this site calls a cop an "ass-hole" without even addressing the officer about the situation they feel slighted on. What ever happened to addressing someone about a problem instead of making a smart ass remark after the fact? That solves nothing.
Wow, what a novel idea.
Oh, and for you newbies, 14 short years as a "badge monkey"/LOL , that was a good one.
Ktoy, you are right, politics and past occurrences appear to have changed the deployment and stance the LHC LEO's are taking on this area. They are going to take the Letter of the Law over Spirit of the law and assess. Like you or any of us have'nt been part of a similar type of task force or deployment..
Oh, I forgot, you probably have'nt.
Keep looking good doing nothing, is the lease coming up on your BMW's? I heard you guys are getting Harley's too/ boo hoo... LOL.
Any new pics of your work bike parked next to an LAPD Dual purpose with your stickers hiding??? Just wondering? LOL

LOWRIVER2
04-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Oh and HH,
Watch the drinking, I hear your barge is listed on the be on the lookout list for BUI.
Stay off the vodka and stay seated on your phone books in the driver's seat.

Kilrtoy
04-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Reading the scenario,
Since when does the badge and gun mean a man can't have the intestinal fortitude to ask the cop blocking the path to please move the golf cart so that he can get the stroller through?
What's the cop gonna do? not move? That would be a fair complaint and justified. Or was there fear of retaliation? For what? family man disturbing the peace?
My point,
Cops do stupid things such as park a golf cart or cruiser in the wrong place from time to time. Call them out on it and ask them to move. At least you'll get a response that: 1.may prove the cop to be an arse, or, 2. The cop was'nt considering the action of blocking the path and moves the cart and might even say "sorry". (Oh, I know a cop would never do that, right?LOL)
I just laugh everytime some middle class person on this site calls a cop an "ass-hole" without even addressing the officer about the situation they feel slighted on. What ever happened to addressing someone about a problem instead of making a smart ass remark after the fact? That solves nothing.
Wow, what a novel idea.
Oh, and for you newbies, 14 short years as a "badge monkey"/LOL , that was a good one.
Ktoy, you are right, politics and past occurrences appear to have changed the deployment and stance the LHC LEO's are taking on this area. They are going to take the Letter of the Law over Spirit of the law and assess. Like you or any of us have'nt been part of a similar type of task force or deployment..
Keep looking good doing nothing, is the lease coming up on your BMW's? I heard you guys are getting Harley's too/ boo hoo... LOL.
Any new pics of your work bike parked next to an LAPD Dual purpose with your stickers hiding??? Just wondering? LOL
Every time you say something intelligent, you back it up with a minimum of 3 absolutely stupid thoughts that you then process through your fingers.

Phat Matt
04-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Reading the scenario,
My point,
Wow, what a novel idea.
I don't think you should have to ask somebody to move cop or not. It's common courtesy. The fact that they saw them and didn't move and they are cops makes it look worse for them.
Oh, and I think "Badge Monkey" is pretty damn funny. I have a new name for my friends. :D Hey, Badge Monkey, get me a beer. lol. :D

Phat Matt
04-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Every time you say something intelligent, you back it up with a minimum of 3 absolutely stupid thoughts that you then process through your fingers.
Hey, Badge Monkey, get back to work. LOL. :D

FreshTracks
04-24-2006, 03:37 PM
Reading the scenario,
My point,
Wow, what a novel idea.
I'd go out on a limb and say you've been called an a$$hole while in uniform.

TCHB
04-24-2006, 03:40 PM
I have seen first hand these Lake Havasu Police in action. They were were off base, rude and wrong. If this happens to you file formal complaint!!!!!

79Challenger
04-24-2006, 03:46 PM
I'd go out on a limb and say you've been called an a$$hole while in uniform.
LOL. No kidding!

Havasu Hangin'
04-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Oh and HH,
Watch the drinking, I hear your barge is listed on the be on the lookout list for BUI.
Stay off the vodka and stay seated on your phone books in the driver's seat.
Hey LOWRIVER- I don't think I have much to worry about. I hear there's a stroller convention in town, and the cops will probably be too busy pulling the PIT manuever on some old ladies, and then beating them with their Billy Clubs (as long as the Billy Club doesn't slip out of their hands from all the Krispy Kreme grease).

superdave013
04-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Or was there fear of retaliation?
that just might have been the case.

25dic
04-24-2006, 04:26 PM
The weekend of April 1st my family was in the chanel with expired registration. I was approached by LHPD, not only did I not have current registration but I did not have a copy of the registration. I explained we had a baby at the first of the year and it must have slipped our minds. He next asked for my drivers license and walked up to give me a ticket. He did not, he explained I cannot be in the channel with expired registration but it is a big lake. He was very friendly(of course he let me off) but we were able to enjoy the rest of the weekend. I had a friend go to my house and get my registration and renew it on-line. The next day I was back in the channel and I flagged down a different officer and explained the situation and she also allowed us to stay in the channel and enjoy ourselves. I had a beer in my hand when the officer made first contact and never made mention of it. So nock on wood I had a posative contact with Havasu PD.

HavaSkank
04-24-2006, 04:41 PM
All cops have a misdemeanor credit card which trumps a nice rack. So the key to getting away with murder in LHC is becoming the born-again, Pam Anderson leutenant who plants tullips in the Channel and voluntarily scoops dogshit in the park for fun.
Hmmm...I feel a career change coming on.

THREADED INC.
04-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Leaving the Turtle Friday night???
I can't believe it, I was leaving the turtle about 8:40something going direct from the cove to the marina ramp and lo-and-behold... da popo!!!
Rolls up behind, lights me up. Why you ask... Because I had my dock lights on when I pulled off the beach in front of the NT.
Wait, it's the same jerkoff from last Saturday!!! (You may remember, they tried to roll my in the channel after the sandbar Saturday afternoon). Come on, I've been going to Havasu since my teens, had 4 different boat and yes when I was young and poor I did partake in the Sea-Doo experience... I have never even been looked at twice by the PO. BUT, my latest boat is a new JC Pontoon, which must make me a 2ND CLASS CITIZEN!!! I have been PROFILED twice in two weeks.
Anyway, I digress, so now they supposedly have PC. Anyone guess what the next question is... That's right Bob, tell them what they've won! Now, I am one of the most sober types at the river and I tell him this and so on... Of course, they are determined to have me perform some roadside olympics (I mean, on-boat olympics). What a waste of time, I really am the sober guy, but whatever.
Either way, what pisses me off is that they were not happy that I was sober and responsible. It seemed they were more frustrated that they didn't pull off one last BUI of the night!?! As they pushed off, I didn't get a, "Thank you, have a good night." What I got was a, "HA HA, WE'LL SEE YOU TOMORROW."
we waited till 10pm on the channel last 2 saturdays ago and the cops were starring at us they we across the channel and to the left of us. We should be able to give them the BUI test and if they pass ill take it.

SDLifesaver
04-24-2006, 05:01 PM
We got pulled over Sunday afternoon in the channel. Kris was sitting on the front swim step with the baby and she was letting her feet drag in the water. We were midway through the channel and they lit em up and pulled us over. The LHCPD was a little angry at first that I didn't want to drive my boat up the rocky shore on the AZ side of the channel but after I did some NEW BOAT explaining and gently brought it ashore he warmed up. We got an explanation of why we were pulled over, what you can and cannot do on the front swim step and he sent us back on our way. Moral of the story, any riding in the front of the boat is OK, any touching of the water with ANY body part while riding in the front of the boat is reckless endangerment and an automatic way to get pulled over. A good lesson with a good ending for everyone involved. Nick

tcook33
04-24-2006, 05:18 PM
I guess your the minority if you DONT get rolled. I was part of the minority this weekend. Although, I did try and steer clear of the channel for the most part. Plus....my boat only ran for 1 day....... :rolleyes:

Phat Matt
04-24-2006, 07:01 PM
License and registration please. Hey, is that a banana in your pocket? :D
http://garfieldridge.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/monkey_gun.jpg

OutCole'd
04-24-2006, 07:08 PM
I don't think you should have to ask somebody to move cop or not. It's common courtesy. The fact that they saw them and didn't move and they are cops makes it look worse for them.
I totally agree, the cops did see him pushim the stroller and made no attempt to move, and you are supposed to ask them to move? BS. Common courtesy. Does a lady have to ask me to hold the door for her or do I do it out of common courtesy?
Everyone (badge or no badge) needs to have some manors and show some respect for others, period.

Biglue
04-24-2006, 07:12 PM
I agree fellas. LEO or not, not moving for a lady/family pushing a stroller is bullshit. Then you're the unruly citizen if you were to state your mind. :mad:

SHIFTY
04-24-2006, 07:16 PM
http://www.***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100576

GMFL
04-24-2006, 07:49 PM
The weekend of April 1st my family was in the chanel with expired registration. I was approached by LHPD, not only did I not have current registration but I did not have a copy of the registration. I explained we had a baby at the first of the year and it must have slipped our minds. He next asked for my drivers license and walked up to give me a ticket. He did not, he explained I cannot be in the channel with expired registration but it is a big lake. He was very friendly(of course he let me off) but we were able to enjoy the rest of the weekend. I had a friend go to my house and get my registration and renew it on-line. The next day I was back in the channel and I flagged down a different officer and explained the situation and she also allowed us to stay in the channel and enjoy ourselves. I had a beer in my hand when the officer made first contact and never made mention of it. So nock on wood I had a posative contact with Havasu PD.
Funny, EXACT same thing happened to me (except for the having the kid thing) The guy let me go and just said that he was patroling the channel and couldn't say what I could or couldn't do outside of it. Was actually a pretty nice guy.

MRSDRMCAT
04-24-2006, 08:16 PM
License and registration please. Hey, is that a banana in your pocket? :D
http://garfieldridge.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/monkey_gun.jpg
That is hilarious (the picture of the monkey) I am so pro L.E. but I also agree that L.E. should be held to a higher standard and have manners and respect for others. I know there are sooooooo many times at work when I have someone on the phone who may not be the nicest (to put it nicely) person and I, as the perfessional who is getting paid to offer great customer service have to suck it up and be courteous.

RiverPirate
04-24-2006, 09:45 PM
I know four boater familys that were there this weekend and they all spent most of their time in and out of the channel and said it was a good weekend. No incidents with Lake Havasu's finest to report from them. Sounds like there may be one or two guys that are lacking common sense and haven't quite matured yet. I always have the kids wave at em when they go by, it kind of takes the edge off, and its hard to be a dick to kids that are looking up at you in admiration. So far so good. :p

LAPII
04-25-2006, 12:53 AM
There is no "nice" way to police a potentially dangerous, unruly, and combative society. The police are our bodyguards, our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us, the work we're too afraid, too unskilled or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep predators out of our businesses, cars and houses, out our face. We want them to "just take care of the problem." We just don't want to see how's it's done.
modified C.H. Webb CSULB

BoatPI
04-25-2006, 05:32 AM
Can't we all get along

BiggusJimbus
04-25-2006, 06:44 AM
Reading the scenario,
Since when does the badge and gun mean an officer can't show some COMMON COURTESY when the circumstances make it EASY?
I have NEVER had ANY problems with cops. But this sounds like these GENTLEMEN were simply jerks that don't understand that a bit of professionalism would make their jobs easier, not harder.

LHC30Victory
04-25-2006, 07:23 AM
I have to remind my 6 year old of his manners, I'm not going to do it with grown men. I'd rather walk around and say my piece afterwards.
I respect your position but I would suggest that too many people take this kind of approach to problems of general lack of respect for others. Because of that approach it seems we are faced with a growing attitude of disrespect, probably because folks aren't held to an acceptable standard.
I could go on and on about this, but in short, we all need to hold each other accountable for courtesy towards others - not bad mouth them behind their back!

Havasu Luvr
04-25-2006, 07:29 AM
I respect your position but I would suggest that too many people take this kind of approach to problems of general lack of respect for others. Because of that approach it seems we are faced with a growing attitude of disrespect, probably because folks aren't held to an acceptable standard.
I could go on and on about this, but in short, we all need to hold each other accountable for courtesy towards others - not bad mouth them behind their back!
Well said.....

sigepmock
04-25-2006, 08:10 AM
Reading the scenario,
My point,
Wow, what a novel idea.
Not sure what Middle Class has to do with anything....but I'll leave that one alone for now.....I am typically the kind of person that will openly speak my mind....if I have a problem or concern with something someone is doing I'll approach that person and discuss that with them...in this case the fact that , my wife kept saying "Just let it go" was the main reason I didn't stop address the officers and ask them to move off the sidewalk so that we and the rest of the pedestrian traffic could get by.....but also I had a feeling from the demenor of the officers that if I had stopped and talked with them it would have turned into a defensive situation where I would have been requested to show my ID, get the whole how many beers have you had to today...the general harassment I've never been a part of but have witnessed. I have written a complaint letter to Lake Havasu City. I will also definately make a point to stop and talk to those officers if I see the same type of behavior from them this upcoming weekend, even if it means a 30 min interigation.
I think the thing that really pissed me off was that the officers obviously knew they were blocking the path....that they sat there and watched me as I had to get my wife to help me the stroller out of the sand not more than 2 feet from him....and he didn't offer to help and most of all sat there with that...."I dare you to say something" look on his face.....
Like I have said in the past....I'm ex-military and a lot of my immediate family and close friends are LE. I have a ton of respect for the job anyone in uniform does.....but it makes me angry to see a few rotten apples continue to give the rest of the men and women in uniform a bad name simply by assoiciation.
Now this statement
"I just laugh everytime some middle class person on this site calls a cop an "ass-hole" without even addressing the officer about the situation they feel slighted on. What ever happened to addressing someone about a problem instead of making a smart ass remark after the fact? That solves nothing. "
I guess some others have said it best in that I shouldn't have to ask anyone, especially a police officer to do what is right. If he/they saw me approaching with the stroller and knew they were blocking the pathway...yet still didn't move.....doesn't that say something about the attitude of the officers......and more than likey indicate that if I had stopped and asked them to move...that I would have probably gotten the tough guy routine....?
If it had been somebody else in say a Rhino blocking the path.....and they had the same demenor and obvious unwillingness to move.....chances are I would have just gone around too simply because it wouldn't be worth to start a confrontation with my wife and 6th month old baby present.....But am I wrong to think that an officer of the law, hired to protect us the average citizens, should have the common decency to move???? Maybe I expect to much? Maybe expecting them to hold themselves to a higher standard and try to set an example for the rest of the world is too much. Maybe expecting them to make every effort while wearing that uniform to stand out as model citizens and to show the respect to those that have worn that uniform before them that they deserve, is just an unreasonable idea.
My remark after the fact was simply a reaction to their continued disrespect and lack of concern. If he had jumped off the ATV and helped or even said a simple "Sorry about that" I would have said "No problem" and been on my way.
Chris

purrfecttremor
04-25-2006, 10:33 AM
I agree with you 100% SP!