PDA

View Full Version : jake W

tahitijet
03-13-2005, 07:39 PM
hey jake, i grabbed this pic out of another thread.
just curious. what are the 3 holes under the nozzle? did you put them there or were they part of the design?
also i have a split bowl and droop going on mine how much wedge did you have? what was the result of running it with no wedge Or did you?
and what did you say your top speed was in this boat agian?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2006tahpol.jpg

Jake W2
03-13-2005, 07:45 PM
I like to drill holes in stuff :D .I just thought it looked better.The two holes in the bowl cradel was done after I saw a pic of BPs pump and it had two holes in it and thought what the hell a bit lighter and looks better.
I have talked to Brian of SB products aboutr a billet cradel and he said you could just about put any design in the middle of it.He just needs a pattren.
Jake

Jake W2
03-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Tahiti with a cammed stock comp 460 ford with a single tunnel ram and 750 at 4700 to 4800 rpm it GPSed at 68.8 or .9 or .7 it has been a couple of years since I GPSed it so pretty much 69 mph.
I set it as I was told a starting point one to one 1/2 inches below the droop pin.It had a 3 deg wedge and it put the ride plate about 1 3/8 below the droop.
I neve changed the set up I know it would run faster than 70 with this set up but never cared to GPS it agine after that day.It was very choppy when I was trying to GPS it.
Rember this boat was a buble deck and had a Rogers bottom on it(the straks stoped under the drivers seat.Yours is a Southwind copie and the strakes go all the way to the nose.
Jake

Jake W2
03-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Allso the pump had a A Aggressor imp,flowed Aggressor bowl with stuffer,flat shoe ,aggressor droop,MPD open loader and red incert in the FTN Place diverter .
In the gullwing it will be SS B+ Berk detailed imp,detailed DPS inducer,6 inch blocked loader,back cut shoe,Aggressor detailed bowl stuffer,Berk droop,DPS shaft seal and blue incert in the FTN place diverter.All the detailing ,loader,machining was done by MPD pump was put togeather by me.
Jake