PDA

View Full Version : internal jetpump coating?

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
03-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Help, I had my jetpump powdercoated to match the boat {yellow} and they sandblasted the inside too!!! Short of me taking it back and hasseling over the job. Is there anything I can coat the inside with myself to help promote flow. Budlight

Jake W2
03-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Budlight they did that same thing to mine when I had it powdercoated after I told them not to (FAGS) so when I filled in my hand hole I sprayed speed coat in it ,won't last forever but it will be easy to re coat it.
But probely any exp paint would hold up ok.
Jake

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
03-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks Jake, I'll probably find some epoxy paint. That's what I get for $200. Budlight :hammerhea

steelcomp
03-13-2005, 08:12 PM
I really don't think the rough surface will hurt anything, but you can do what Jake said, just paint it with some paint, or speed coat it. I speed coated mine, my droop, impeller, bowl, etc. and after 4 runs at Ming last year, there's NO signs of wear. I'm sure that will change with more use, but at least it didn't come right off!
Good luck, Pat. :coffeycup

Jake W2
03-13-2005, 08:22 PM
I allso sanded the rough castings in mine.You can buy Speed coat in a spray can farley cheep also.
You have any pics of the CP?
Jake

NELSON#109
03-13-2005, 08:26 PM
i speed coat all of my pumps, it lasts along time.

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
03-13-2005, 08:28 PM
I got pics on the camera but I havn't loaded them to my laptop yet. Thanks steelcomp. Budlight

Racer277
03-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Do you guys ever use Extrude Hone machining on your pumps?
We did on our race ski pumps, didn't remove material, but surfaced it very well. It did make a difference on flow.
Just wondering, it may help.
Abrasive Flow Machining (http://www.extrudehone.com/afmpro.html://)

Fogged Gullwing
03-14-2005, 01:31 PM
I remember when I did jet ski race pumps we did it. But I don't think extrude honing it would be worth it. Most of the guys I know have Jack at MPD port them. and he takes out quite a bit of material.
BK

wet77
03-14-2005, 04:01 PM
i speed coat all of my pumps, it lasts along time.
Try going to your local lawn care place and buy a can of dry film graphite spray :devil:
Its used for lawn mower blades.
Also works great on a engine stand for spinning a motor over!
Works great on my pump :cool:

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
03-14-2005, 08:46 PM
I went to Home Depot and got 2 bomb cans of appliance white epoxy, $4.00 each worked great Thanks Budlight