PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood Wired Remote

Family4Day
03-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Does anyone have any info(good/bad) on these. I have always been a fan of Kenwood in my cars and I purchased 2 for the new boat with my kenwood head unit. The problem I have so far is nobody has a "Y" type splitter so I can use 2. The remote has a single pin for attachment to the stereo. It is like a banana clip type with a 16 gauge(I think) wire. Anyone have any suggestions/ideas for help. I really don't want to return all my kenwood stuff and go with another brand. Thanks in advance for any tips.
Todd

ROZ
03-14-2005, 11:58 AM
It's probably a stereo headphone "mini jack"... You can get it from radioshack for a couple dollars it that's infact what it is... You should be able to add remotes to your system... If that wasn't the case, Trident Boats wouldn't have used Kenwood as OEM... PM Froggystyle. He may have a bit more insight on the "y" adaptor...
Chris

djunkie
03-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey Roz, in your opinion what is a good headunit for the boat that has wired transom remote, that will play MP3 cds, and maybe even be sat. radio ready? I'm looking to upgrade and I've always liked kenwood but I've been through 2 of them in the boat cause after a season they won't play cd's anymore. Oh ya without costing an outragious amount of money. :D

Family4Day
03-15-2005, 03:24 PM
I called 1-800-Kenwood and they do not make a Y splitter as of yet, but after some foot work, I found the Y splitter for $9. It had to be ordered but when it gets here, I'll put the model # on here incase anyone else needs.
Thanks again,
Todd