PDA

View Full Version : Sewer

SDLifesaver
03-14-2005, 06:11 AM
Anybody else getting ready to fork out 2 large for the sewer upgrade in a month or so? The contractor told us it should be completed in our neighborhood by April and we should get a bill 2 weeks after that with a 23.00 increase a month from the city for sewer fees. I love bills!!!!!!!!!!!! Nick

HOSS
03-14-2005, 06:22 AM
Damn. Out here we just dig another hole and drag the shed over it.

XTRM22
03-14-2005, 06:23 AM
They're about 2 blocks down the street from my house now, I figure they'll be tearing up my pavement right about the time I want to be dragging the boat in and out the most :mad: Oh well at least the 2 grand is spread out over 2 years and is interest free (or that was my understanding)
CHuck

SDLifesaver
03-14-2005, 06:27 AM
The 2 options that were givin to us by the contractor was 2,000 up front or the same amount 4% interest over 2-10 years. I can't remember the exact year terms.

Mandelon
03-14-2005, 06:29 AM
Anybody else getting ready to fork out 2 large for the sewer upgrade in a month or so? The contractor told us it should be completed in our neighborhood by April and we should get a bill 2 weeks after that with a 23.00 increase a month from the city for sewer fees. I love bills!!!!!!!!!!!! Nick
You can have some of mine. :hammerhea

BoatPI
03-14-2005, 06:41 AM
Understand that the City until recently was in bed with Burns and Mc Donnell. Last year my street was dirt for 3 1/2 months. Complete incompitence on both sides. Add to that, the lame brains installed a grinder pump that I severly objected to instead of digging a ditch and laying pipe to Jamacia. Now after installing the pump for $12,500 of our bond money, they say it was a mistake. :idea: NO SH$T.
I still don't think they have it figured out. We are all getting screwed in this bond measure deal. In reality it will cost your about $75 to $100 per month. Figure in the sewer charge, the taxes, then the bond debt on your property tax bill. And now they realize that the 483 million will not cover the enticipated expenses due to inflation. No SH$T again.
We needed the sewer system to save the lake, but not this way.
Small town brains I guess.

SDLifesaver
03-14-2005, 06:47 AM
That is a grim outlook. I really hope it does not cost that much a month. We had the least amount of water usage when the city did their flow chart last year to determine what the fees were going to be. I did not see any of the small print about the extra bond fees that you were talking about but it wouldn't suprise me at all. I was wondering how the city chose that company to do the work instead of a giant contractor. Maybe they are big but the offices on McCullogh Blvd didn't impress me very much.

mtndewdrops
03-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Damn. Out here we just dig another hole and drag the shed over it.
LMAO
We are hoping that this sewer project will take a while to get to the south end of town. By the sounds of it, it might take a couple of years...

Not So Fast
03-14-2005, 07:21 AM
S-2 was the contractor who did our streets (aviation streets) about a year ago and being retired from that industry I gotta say they did a pretty good job. Yes the dirt streets get real old, real quick (water truck driver knew 2 conditions, dry and dusty or turn it into mud), the road crew, paving is another story although a lot of the failures are because the city is replacing the streets with TWO inches of asphalt over native soil and I GUARANTEE it will not stand up under trash trucks or concrete trucks which are everywhere but the city says thats it!! The paving contractor said he begged them to at least put 2 or 3 inches of base down but the engineers said it was not needed :idea: :idea: Here is some advice, take good pictures of your property for future reference, the contractor does also because they damage a lot of stuff, it's the nature of the business. I finanaced the $2 K with the city, $20 @ month for 10 years WTF, and yes its a minimum of $23 @ month on the sewer charge plus what ever water you use over their rate tables. It is figured during the winter months so if you have a lot of landscaping as we do I suggest that you remember at Thanksgiving to cut back on your irrigation big timefor the next 4 mo. Of course now they want to raise our sewer rates because they say we cut back too much and their revenue isn't what it should be :confused: It's a pretty crooked little town with a lot of backdoor crap but STILL a lot better than living in the O.C. NSF

Sandbar Mike
03-14-2005, 07:40 AM
We are on southwind on the south end of town and just had the sewers done. I was extremely suprised on how clean of a job these guys did. The front looks great, we recently had our walls done and of course had all the sand and left over chunks of concrete piled out front right in the path of the new sewer trench. Suprisingly they remove all the crap and comed off the front yard. Ready for landscape & best of all no more ridex. :D
well worth 2K

djunkie
03-14-2005, 12:13 PM
I was told ours was supposed to be done this year but that isn't for sure. Not looking forward to the $2k but in the long run it will be better. I hate septic......

TrojanDan
03-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if they yank the septic tank out or just cap it and re-route the main to the sewer? I have a bunch of landscaping over my current septic tank location. I thought I heard the contractors take "before pictures" before they start the work. :messedup:

Essex502
03-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Does anyone know if they yank the septic tank out or just cap it and re-route the main to the sewer? I have a bunch of landscaping over my current septic tank location. I thought I heard the contractors take "before pictures" before they start the work. :messedup:
We just completed another house in LHC and were on the job site when the septic tank was lowered. What the septic tank company told me was they'd fill it full of concrete an leave it buried.

GHTRIM
03-14-2005, 01:55 PM
Lot of good info here... It sucks they won't take the septic tank... :hammerhea . Guess I'll run into it again some day, those tanks have a way of being in the way eventually. I am two houses away from where they are tearing up Roanok (spelling?) just off of Chemiheuva (spelling again?). It's only money... Has anyone else heard that they are going to increase the cost of the install?? I heard (could be a rumor) they were going to increase the $2,000.00. I did not hear an amount though :idea: :confused:

hoolign
03-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Two years ago we just finished landscaping the back yard, grass was taking good,evrything was great ..then "snif..sniff" f uckin sewer line broke...tore up the whole fricken back yard..th egoddamn thing was 14 feet down at th eback alley..and let me tell you that's a lot of dirt. over 4000 bucks i had to shell out to wreck my yard that i just paid 3000 to grass :cry: :cry: gotta redo the grass this spring another 3000...bullshit..i should just do what hoss does :yuk:

Essex502
03-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Lot of good info here... It sucks they won't take the septic tank... :hammerhea . Guess I'll run into it again some day, those tanks have a way of being in the way eventually. I am two houses away from where they are tearing up Roanok (spelling?) just off of Chemiheuva (spelling again?). It's only money... Has anyone else heard that they are going to increase the cost of the install?? I heard (could be a rumor) they were going to increase the $2,000.00. I did not hear an amount though :idea: :confused:
What really sux is having to spend money on a new septic tank for our new house and come a few months having to spend another $2,000 for connection to the sewer...oh well...

GHTRIM
03-14-2005, 02:19 PM
What really sux is having to spend money on a new septic tank for our new house and come a few months having to spend another $2,000 for connection to the sewer...oh well...
I feel your pain... It all sucks.. The bad thing is, I'll bet nobody is watching the laboror or operator backfill the trenches. Therefore you will possibly get broken sewer lines like HOOLIGN. That is complete bullSh1t

mtndewdrops
03-14-2005, 02:20 PM
We just completed another house in LHC and were on the job site when the septic tank was lowered. What the septic tank company told me was they'd fill it full of concrete an leave it buried.
I think they have to do that or you would need a bunch of dirt to fill the hole back up.... Unless you were going to put a pool in the front yard. :wink:
When is the next house going to be ready Mike? We are still contemplating selling ours. My wife went back to work and we don't have much time to use it. I don't want to be a landlord. Maybe we will buy a piece of dirt and build a retirement home later.

Not So Fast
03-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Trojan Dan; they dig down to the top of the tank and crush it with the back hoe bucket, then either flood with sand or pea gravel. after that they just run a line right on top of it and hook up to the main. they use plastic pvc pipe so its not like the old days when clay was used and it would break quite easily. Unless your tank is extremely deep (most are only about 3 or 4 ft to the top at the most) then you can expect the area directly over your tank to be torn up and of course the trench to the main line, the good thing is that they do a pretty good job of restoration. Take your own pic's for protection. The 2 k is worth it because you have to first of all have a permit,inspection, pump truck on hand and then hook-up, then compaction tests ECT. Believe me after digging for about 20 + years and doing sewer, water & storm drain installs I thought about doing my own but not even close when you consider all of the costs. NSF

LUVNLIFE
03-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Trojan Dan; they dig down to the top of the tank and crush it with the back hoe bucket, then either flood with sand or pea gravel. after that they just run a line right on top of it and hook up to the main. they use plastic pvc pipe so its not like the old days when clay was used and it would break quite easily. Unless your tank is extremely deep (most are only about 3 or 4 ft to the top at the most) then you can expect the area directly over your tank to be torn up and of course the trench to the main line, the good thing is that they do a pretty good job of restoration. Take your own pic's for protection. The 2 k is worth it because you have to first of all have a permit,inspection, pump truck on hand and then hook-up, then compaction tests ECT. Believe me after digging for about 20 + years and doing sewer, water & storm drain installs I thought about doing my own but not even close when you consider all of the costs. NSF
Better have an oiler on that hoe Bob. I'm available :D :D

Not So Fast
03-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Better have an oiler on that hoe Bob. I'm available :D :D
Don't worry about me, no more of that, I've had enough Cale!! :rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
03-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Dude, that's the SHITS!!!!!!
They pulled the same crap up here in my town. Increased our sewer fees by 300% in 3 years. The excuse was that because the sewer system was over 10 years old that the maintenance costs were higher than expected. Fact is that they didn't recover enough of the costs from developers... so they sprinkled the costs to us city dwellers. :rolleyes:

ClownRoyal
03-15-2005, 02:45 PM
Same here...building a new house that should be complete by end of April. Then in May or June they are suppose to hook me up to the sewer for $2k. I had to spend over $3k for the septic tank...and I only get to use it for say a couple of months. Needless to say I will not break even on the Septic tank. Nobody is that full of sh$^Y*. :angry2:

GHTRIM
03-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Sewer is by far the best way to go..... Does anyone know if you can pay extra to have another clean-out added so you can dump an RV?