PDA

View Full Version : Boxer Puppy needs good home

Reaper1
03-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Thought I would post this on here first:
I have a five month old purebred female Boxer puppy that I need to find a good home. In our current family situation my wife and I don't have the time to give her all the love and attention she needs, and we have a new baby on the way. Fun, playful, good with kids, and loves the water. She has AKC papers and a microchip. All shots are current. We want to find her a good, loving home. It's sad to let her go but we need to do what's best for the dog.
Reaper1
PM for more details.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/97Lucy1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/97Lucy2.jpg

jdogginla
03-14-2005, 11:31 AM
check your pm

jayd_jr
03-14-2005, 11:35 AM
We have a perfect playmate for her! check your PM......

topless
03-14-2005, 11:37 AM
Oh how cute! You'll find her a great home from someone here.

Reaper1
03-14-2005, 11:45 AM
Back at ya guys.
Thanks topless!

bunny 166
03-14-2005, 11:48 AM
She is so cute!! Looks like Roxysnow's dog....I know she'll have a good home soon. Congrats on the baby, neighbor!! :wink: :wink:

Reaper1
03-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Thanks Bunny!
I'm going to lunch, be back in an hour. ;)

Reaper1
03-14-2005, 02:00 PM
Ok, dog has found a new happy home. Hot Boat works faster than the Recycler! :)
Thanks
Reaper1

Cole Trickle
03-14-2005, 02:09 PM
We have a 12 month old purebred Brindel and she is amazing!
Providing the new owner has patience and knows how to handle a over excited stubborn dog they are a great addition to the family.
Brandin

Reaper1
03-14-2005, 02:13 PM
The new owners have had about 7 of em. They are great dogs. ;)

OutCole'd
03-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Glad to hear the pup has found a new home. I have two Boxers now and would take another in a second.

Cole Trickle
03-14-2005, 02:24 PM
The new owners have had about 7 of em. They are great dogs. ;)
Good deal!
They they will know how to handle her and train her.
Our first one looked just like yours and was the biggest sweetheart in the world. She was stolen from my mothers backyard in Taluka Lake and we were heart broken.
The new one is tiger striped and a little more inteligent.When we got her she was the runt of the litter.She is now 70lbs of pure love and muscle.She enjoys chewing and eating anything that was purchased in the previous few days.(Alarm clocks,Fancy pillows,etc...)
I wouldn't trade her for the world! :D

jayd_jr
03-14-2005, 02:26 PM
bummer I was going to stop by on the way home....

jayd_jr
03-14-2005, 02:29 PM
I really meant I am happy it found a home!

Reaper1
03-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Cole Trickle - I know what you mean on the chewing. I've fixed all the wiring around the house: cable, sprinklers, Malibu lights, at least three times. :D
jayd - Sorry man, I'm sure you'll find a good one. ;)

Chris Winn
03-15-2005, 01:42 PM
hey Reaper,
Lucy is doing very well, she was asleep on the bed with emily and our 4 year old weimeriener (SP) this morning when i left.
i can tell she was well taken care of and has been wonderfull to us so far!
thank you very much, she is going to do great with us!
she is so cute :)

Reaper1
03-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Good to hear! Sounds like she made herself right at home. ;)

Bense468
03-15-2005, 02:13 PM
I have 2 boxers and even though I love em to death, they are starting to wear on my nerves. 1 of them (my 3 year) old all of a sudden doesn't want to stay home. Keeps jumping the walls, I have spent coutless hours and money trying to stop him and so far everything I have done he has gotten around.
Second my pup (1 year, looks like pup above) now has got a lot better as he has aged, but now he is bigger then my 3 year old. They are starting to fight a lot. any idea how to stop this?
3 year old is snipped, 1 year old is not. My arms got it pretty good while trying to break them up a few times. Dog fights are crazy. This just started out of the blue. They have been together for the pups whole life, so a year. They sleep together, play together and now fight with each other. I really don't want to get rid of one of them, but will have to if this continues.

Reaper1
03-15-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm not an expert but you might get the 1 yr. old snipped. Maybe he is the aggressor and that's what is driving the 3 yr. old away. For the short time that I had mine, I learned that they can be very smart and manipulative. :jawdrop:

Roxysnow
03-15-2005, 03:45 PM
I have 2 boxers and even though I love em to death, they are starting to wear on my nerves. 1 of them (my 3 year) old all of a sudden doesn't want to stay home. Keeps jumping the walls, I have spent coutless hours and money trying to stop him and so far everything I have done he has gotten around.
Second my pup (1 year, looks like pup above) now has got a lot better as he has aged, but now he is bigger then my 3 year old. They are starting to fight a lot. any idea how to stop this?
3 year old is snipped, 1 year old is not. My arms got it pretty good while trying to break them up a few times. Dog fights are crazy. This just started out of the blue. They have been together for the pups whole life, so a year. They sleep together, play together and now fight with each other. I really don't want to get rid of one of them, but will have to if this continues.
In regards to the jumping problem. Our boxer could jump 7ft walls, I ended up getting a anti-jump harness. The thing looked stupider than hell but I left it on for a year. Now our one boxer forgot how to jump. Only down side is that I have to lift him into the truck now! As for the fighting, our female boxer is the dominant of the two boxers we have but they never fight.

Cole Trickle
03-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Our last Boxer never had a mean bone in her body but the new one is way more aggresive.
She is sweet but can get a bit hairy when provoked.We have a 2 year old silky terrrier (14lbs) that thinks she is a bad ass and will go after the 75lb 1 year old Boxer.The Boxer puts up with alot but when she snaps you need to get her off the small dog in a hurry!I have no problem breaking up dog fights because I enjoy kicking things(Joking) but my mother always gets freaked out and reaches down and gets scraped or snipped on her hand or arm.I always tell her that it dosen't hurt to be bit on the bottom of your shoe.

Chris Winn
03-15-2005, 05:08 PM
Lucy has been getting along wih sadie (the weim), sadie had to show lucy her place on the food chain as soon as they met, but the one thing that i notice is that lucy is more of a pleaser (she wants to make your happy) vs our weim who is more about what you can do for her and is very needy.
the jumping issue is not going to be a problem, my wife only lets them outside to go to the bathroom, or when they are on a least for a walk other than that, they are 100% inside dogs
i wish i gto treated as well as our dogs??? :hammerhea

Channel Rat
03-15-2005, 05:52 PM
If Things dont work out let us know. Ours is getting real old and dont think he is going to be here much longer .

Bense468
03-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah mine can jump 7 foot walls without a problem. Was never a problem until the pup started fighting with him. I knew he could get out, but most of the time he stayed in. If he got out he stayed in the front yard. Now he won't stay at all. I ended up dropping over 1500 bucks and doing some framed in latis on top of the walls. Its sturdy, took a lot of time to anchor, and I had to treat all the wood. Did all the side yards and he still got out, so I just finished doing the back wall tonight (which is 7 foot at up a steep bank) the sucker got up that one too.
I read some stuff online today about the fighting. I need to make sure my older is the dominate one. You can force it, but you have to really work at it. Until the younger one gets it through his head, its going to be tough. I never had any of these problems until I got a second dog, and he got big enough to think he is king shit.
Thanks for the advise guys. It was really getting old. I know how smart these dogs are. they play little games. They are awsome though and love to be inside. Good luck with your new pup. Looks like he has a great home.
Bense