PDA

View Full Version : dual drive system

ultimate1
04-26-2002, 04:16 PM
I recently talked to R&D marine who installed the dual drive system in the Ultra boat that was at the boat show. They gave me the number of the guy who owns the boat. He said that if I wanted to go on a test ride and serious about the Dual Drive System. He would let me test the boat on Sunday about noon at Lake Elsinor. So my work schedual and weather permitting. Hopefully I can make it. I will let all you boaters out there know how it went and what my personal feeling is on the whole dual drive system thing is.

future boater
04-26-2002, 04:36 PM
take pics....

HBjet
04-26-2002, 05:42 PM
Take a GPS!

ChetCapoli
04-26-2002, 05:52 PM
Has to at least make it out of the lagoon this time with the change in pumps now dont ya think hb??
Chet

ultimate1
04-26-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by HBjet:
Take a GPS!
just for your info when I saw the boat at the show it already has a gps mounted in the boat. Just thought you should know.

RiverDave2
04-26-2002, 09:00 PM
Looking forward to hearing the results!
RD

lilrick
04-26-2002, 09:35 PM
I have pics that I'll post tomorrow of the duals in action. My boat goes 60 and I was right next to Harold on a pass around the lake.I also rode in the boat and found it to accelerate exceptionally well.

ultimate1
04-27-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
Has to at least make it out of the lagoon this time with the change in pumps now dont ya think hb??
Chet
From all I know is that the ultra that has the dual drive system has never had any problems except when they took it out of the water to try different shoes and nozzle sizes to see what setup performed the best.With the legend pumps on this application.

AGGRESSOR JETS
04-27-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by ultimate1:
From all I know is that the ultra that has the dual drive system has never had any problems except when they took it out of the water to try different shoes and nozzle sizes to see what setup performed the best.
Its An Aggressor Design and Intake "grinding Aggressor Logo Off" You know it will work".
His so Called Redesigned is "A Funky "Pat. Pending" Decal Posted on it, and we can't test because someone built us a Anchor for a Motor. "Has he no Shame"
Enough fun- Dual Drive will make it. We are involved in a Brand New (Mold Split) Tunnel Boat. The Boat will is being built in Canton Ohio, Jim Fulkerson is Building the Billett Gear Drive unit for it- Jim is the world record holder @ 5.0 flat in a Dual Prop Drive in Top Fuel Hydro. Jim is Aqua Systems,of L.V NV. The Motor will run on Alky and Dyno showed 3200 HP.
This should flush a course. Take Care-Dave
[This message has been edited by AGGRESSOR JETS (edited April 27, 2002).]

MikeC
04-27-2002, 08:41 PM
I thought Wildside was the quickest dual prop Hydro?
Pos Boat # Driver Boat Name Town Hull Engine ET Q MPH Top MPH
1 256 Dwayne Patton Wildside Visalia, CA MB1 KB 500 "4.778" 245.76 245.76
img <src="http://dragboats.com/merch/wildside/front.jpg ">

MikeC

TaylorLP20
04-27-2002, 08:57 PM
Try this Mike!
http://dragboats.com/merch/wildside/front.jpg

MikeC
04-27-2002, 09:42 PM
Sweet!
You can tell how interested I am, especially with 2 $rops!
:-)
Thanks!
MikeC

iggdog
04-28-2002, 07:44 AM
Went to smellsomemore Sat. for testing.Saw the Ultra with the dual drive on the ramp and walked over to check it out.I met and talked with Harold and went for a spin.Couldn't beleive how quick it planed out. It rolled onto plane like my 18'.{jumped onto plane would be a better discription}.It also cruizes at lower RPM's than my brothers single dominater {same hull}.Harold and his son were just breaking in the brand new 502/502 they had installed so a high speed pass would have to wait.All in all it seems like a trick system. Maybe on my next boat.

AGGRESSOR JETS
04-29-2002, 01:38 PM
Mike - Sorry- This class will be change so quick,Records are hot now with more comming. Look for Record, Record, Record in this class. But do they run sweet running and Dual has added a complete level of safety towards attitude with so much less twist. Going to be a Great Show. Dave

riverdude99
04-29-2002, 07:15 PM
I read this forum from time to time and have never really felt the need to give my .02 before. But.... I went out to elsinore this past weekend to see the dual jet drive Ultra and to see if I thought that it was worth the money. The setup worked extremely well but thats not why I am posting....
From all the questions that Harold Bruce answered for me and reading the posts from Dave at Aggressor, I wonder if Dave can answer the question of how does an "anchor for a motor" plane a 24' Schiada like a 18'er and run up to 50mph? ( I heard that Jim Wilkes was in the boat with a gps and indicated that he thought there was a lot more speed left). riverdude

AGGRESSOR JETS
04-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by riverdude99:
From all the questions that Harold Bruce answered for me and reading the posts from Dave at Aggressor, I wonder if Dave can answer the question of how does an "anchor for a motor" plane a 24' Schiada like a 18'er and run up to 50mph? ( I heard that Jim Wilkes was in the boat with a gps and indicated that he thought there was a lot more speed left). riverdude
Riverdude- thanks for the invite!
If Wilkes said that! Another Hot Boat Guru!
-This only pays more tribute and means our Unit works better Yet.
Here are some of the Dyno Test sheets On The Test Engine BUILT BY HAROLD BRUCE OF R&D MARINE
DYNO TEST from Westech Performance Group
Calabrated on Mar. 4, 2002
Configuration name LAMBDA
-Engine seems to have SIGNIFICANT BLOW BY, Oil pressure is 20 PSI and 40 PSI at speed, seems unusally high, mixture was very, very lean. Carb had 84/84 jets, comes stock with 88/96. Now has 94/96 and may be a little rich. Leak test when complete, #1 18%,
#3 40%,#5 45%,#7 10%,#2 8%,#4 12%, #6 35%,
#8 8%
LOOKING LIKE A ASS KICKER HUH!
#3 has bad scoring on cyl wall.
NONE LOOK VERY GOOD.
#6 has bad ex. valve.
#5 has bad int. valve.
#3 leaking past rings.
This is from the independent dyno report, and it keeps going on & on & on.
Now if Jim Wilkes states that this had more yet what can i say-
Another Hot Boat Guru further confirms the test we did not get to see!
Our Engineering, Tooling, Parts, Pumps, Boat, and Custom Motor Built for us by Hot Boat Guru Harold Bruce-THE ANCHOR MOTOR BUILDER.
with $ 4,000.00 Dollars Cash fronted to him by Scott Wood for the Motor.
Now you say another Hot Boat Guru was also there Too
Is it just possable we were set back -(Pre-Planned)They test our boat,our drives intake, boat bought and paid for by us, anchor motor by R&D Marine,
while someone else is out testing our equipment and reporting to you about his unit.
I don't see anything here but pre-planning
If you think Warrenty is OK- Look at the Dyno Sheet above-
Sure he has you covered.
you should have heard his reason for the motor -after he got his head handed back to him by Steve who performed the Dyno-
This bite's hard in the Ass -but at my age im no cherry. What goes around comes around!

HBjet
04-30-2002, 03:17 PM
Dave, I know your going to take this the wrong way, but I'm starting to smell some shit in the air.
You here, telling us, the Hot Boat Jet Tech Guru basically screwed you, and leading us to believe he is a shady person. Now, in previous threads about your products, you swear up and down saying "Harold Bruce runs them" and how he knows what best, etc, etc, etc...
So what is it, does he, or does he not?
HBjet

ultimate1
04-30-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by HBjet:
Dave, I know your going to take this the wrong way, but I'm starting to smell some shit in the air.
You here, telling us, the Hot Boat Jet Tech Guru basically screwed you, and leading us to believe he is a shady person. Now, in previous threads about your products, you swear up and down saying "Harold Bruce runs them" and how he knows what best, etc, etc, etc...
So what is it, does he, or does he not?
HBjet
I have to agree with you HB jet inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gearman
04-30-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Dave at AGGRESSOR JETS:
"This bite's hard in the Ass -but at my age im no cherry. What goes around comes around!"
I can not stand it anymore!!! Dave, I only meet you one time approx. Aug. of last year. It was in a meeting between Major Brass, Aggressor, R&D Marine and myself. The meeting was in regards to this dual drive project. Don closed the meeting by indicating that he wanted to manufacture the intakes only and that Harold and myself could manufacture the gear drives. I think Don's exact words were "I am not in the gear drive business and don't want to be". About a month later and prior to testing the Schiada, I read on this forum that Aggressor was teaming up with Casale on manufacturing a gear drive. That really hurt! I have never in my life ever encountered a business relationship like that!!! So Dave, you do know what happened after that, right. I would not let the gear drive be installed in the Schiada for testing without a signed agreement from Aggressor that the gear drive would be pulled out of the boat right after the testing was done and prior to Aggressor taking possession of the boat. I only wanted to protect my designed and engineered gear drive. After the proper signatures were completed the gear drive was installed. That day the boat went to the lake and Harold did called your boss Don at about 12:00 to come out to the lake to see the boat perform. To set the record straight:
R&D Marine Claims
1) Harold brought the idea of dual jet drives up to Don at Major Brass/Aggressor in Feb./March 2001.
2) Harold picked out the boat and work with the boat manufacturer to modify the bottom for the Dual Pump Project in Feb/March of 2001.
3) Harold designed and instructed Don's pattern maker at Major Brass how to make the custom dual drive intake (taking about a week of his time at Major Brass).
4) Harold agreed to set up a 24 foot boat for the dual jet drives.
5) Harold contracted an attorney to patent his invention.
6) Harold contracted a precision gear manufacturer to engineer, design and build a gear drive for the dual drive project in late June 2001.
7) Harold received and set up the boat for the dual drive project.
8) Harold tested the boat with the dual drive and reported how it did and what he thought needed to be done to make it run better.
The current problems with working with Aggressor:
1) Aggressor used Harold's engineered idea to build more custom dual drive intakes with the Aggressor logo cast into the intake without Harold's permission.
2) Don at Major Brass/Aggressor was informed to come out to the lake to see the boat perform but refused to come because his son was mad that he was not there when the boat first went into the lake.
3) Aggressor Jets only wanted Aggressor products (exclusively) used with the dual drive system.
4) Aggressor Jets wants everyone to believe the dual drive idea is theirs.
These are the facts as I know them. Sincerely, Gary Smith

future boater
04-30-2002, 08:49 PM
ouch....oh by the way where are the pics....
[This message has been edited by future boater (edited April 30, 2002).]

HBjet
04-30-2002, 09:04 PM
Really....

ultimate1
04-30-2002, 09:14 PM
Looks like Dave got the bite out of his ass! !!!!!!!!!!!ouch!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeC
04-30-2002, 09:22 PM
All said and done fella's! The only thing left to say is,,,,
Jetters START YOUR ENGINES!!!!!!!!!!
Let's stop the crying and get hammering,
May the Quickest Jet WIN!!!
Hope to See ya's at the track,
MikeC

HBjet
04-30-2002, 09:22 PM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/Image012.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSCN6576a.JPG
Ok, what logo looks like it is a fake? To me, the Aggressor logo looks like a sticker, covering something.
HBjet

Kwicherbichen
04-30-2002, 10:27 PM
Told you this thing would probably go to court. The paper trail of signed agreements is the only thing that will sort this out.
I'm still learning things in life but, this shows us how important it is to get details in writing.

Ghighway
04-30-2002, 10:58 PM
HB great photos! maybe next time side by side? Dave from Aggressor LMAO your such a chub! Keep posting it's comedy.
PS hows your shoe tasting? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

lilrick
04-30-2002, 11:52 PM
Great post Gary! I was wondering when you were gonna fight back. Glad to finally see yuh on here.

flat broke
05-01-2002, 06:58 AM
It's back and fourth, back stabbing, cheating, screw over antics like this that really do nothing more than tarnish the image of the custom boat industry. Whether its pulling a Cobra and blatantly stealing the identity of another manufacturer, or the issue we're talking about here, it sucks. Three words that some people in the biz are aware of, but it seems many others are not..."Best Business Practices".
I don't know who screwed who on the dual drive setup, and I doubt few besides Dave, Harold, and the folks that funded the deal do. Even then, those involved might have a skewed perspective. I'd love to hear about how the drives do, but don't need another mudslinging thread to waste my time on. My advice to Dave and Harold. Take the issue to court, that way when all is said and done, one of you will have an enforceable judgement that you can use to validate your claim. Anything else is just one mans word against another.
Just my .02
Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

AGGRESSOR JETS
05-01-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by gearman:
Originally posted by Dave at AGGRESSOR JETS:
I can not stand it anymore!!!
These are the facts as I know them. Sincerely, Gary Smith
Hi Gary! We did meet once- At that time we did want to meet you. We discussed your box which you said was complete but did not have with you. I told you then cost was the basis of success or failure. If the unit was not cost effective it was a no go program. You stated to me you would get back to me within 1 week with cost figures and that was the last I heard from you. I further notified you about Andy Casale and my conversation 2 Years ago regarding Dual Drive Gear box & how Harold was to have gotten with him on it.
Harold did call Andy, but he was out, Andy returned his call & never heard for him again.
I also discussed in front of you & Harold his so called design force and statements being made to others "He was Applying for a Patent on Dual Drive" and my reaction to his public statements. I asked you if Harold had discussed the 5 page letter (to: Harold Bruce From:Myself)which I set eye to eye & reviewed each item with him. That letter stated fact not fiction regarding Dual Drives & detailed both Aggressor & Harold's involvement in Dual Drive.
R&D Marine Claims
As far as Harold Claims: Harold got involved with Scott Wood in a good faith Development.
Aggressor was not involved in this agreement.
The agreement was this:Harold agreed to help Scott pick & procure a sound 24'hull. Harold would rig and assist thru Testing. Which when complete would run in the 65 MPH range. Harold would build Scott a 540 Motor @ around 600 to 650 HP- Bases 300 to 325 HP per pump consideration. Harold did submit a Bill for $12,000.00 Dollars on this, so where is the free run you indicate.
As to Harold Designing our intake, Harold did provide some input and thoughts on it.
But come on Gary im sure Harold also had some input in your Box or should I say Harolds Gear Box.
Harold has not one dime in any part of this.
We will be glad to meet you or Harold in any court and will fight hard any Patient on this subject. Harold was offered a Good way in writing by myself for his effort and he walked away from it. CASE CLOSED!
Now Gary what do you think of the Real Fact, Harold Stuck it hard to Scott. Took the money and ran. Its Junk and thats a Fact.
You Look at the Dyno Report- Ran by a Guy very respected Coast to Coast. Harold did state he could make a Dyno show anything he wanted it to show.
Has he no shame! Dave

RiverDave
05-01-2002, 12:01 PM
I do have a couple of things I'd like to say on the subject.. The "Dyno Sheet" listed above isn't like any Dyno sheet I've ever seen.. Typicaly Dyno sheets list things like Horsepower and Torque Curves.. I've never seen one that said anything about scored cylinders etc... (But that's just me..) Secondly You can't make a dyno say anything you want it to say, It's a simple WaterBrake.. You apply that much horsepower to that much load etc.. It's a mathematical formula that is not variable. Sure you can type text or something, but a dyno is a piece of machinery.
Thirdly and most importantly, being that my job deals with "product development" everyday I can honestly tell you that none of you ****ers have the slightest idea what your doing. This is NOT how professional business is conducted.. You make an agreement and you stick by your word. If someone doesn't stick by there word you find someone that is capable of fullfilling the task at hand. Airing "dirty laundry" like this on a public message board for no other reason then spite, is extremely unprofessional (regardless if the guy built an anchor or not). The only thing that you guys are doing by mudslinging back in forth is showing your true business practices and ethics.. It's embarrassing to both parties, and personally I would edit your posts as fast as you could and handle matters somewhat discreetly. If people would display more professionalism, not only would there be cost savings in the R & D and prototype stage, but people would be more inclined to purchase the products when they are in production..
Long Story Short, I commend you for coming up with something Innovative and actually getting to the point of working models, but your blatant lack of professionalism is what will probably hold the product back from becoming a moneymaking item.
RD
RD

HBjet
05-01-2002, 01:08 PM
Harold never said to me that he designed the gear box, he may have had some input on it, but there wasn't a R&D logo stamped on it. So if he was going to steal the intake design because he had some input on it, why stop there, steal the gear drive too. If you think about it, that's where the money is. How many people need intake service. I would think the gear drive would need to be maintained, and you then will have additional profit from service/repairs, etc.
Originally posted by AGGRESSOR JETS:
He said, and then I said, and then he said, and then...
HBjet

gearman
05-01-2002, 01:21 PM
RIVERDAVE, YOUR RIGHT. I USUALLY DO NOT ENTER INTO THIS TYPE OF ARENA. IT WAS ONLY BECAUSE I KNEW THAT WHOM EVER WAS READING THIS PUBLIC FORUM WAS BEING GROSSLY MISLEAD. GARY

AGGRESSOR JETS
05-01-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by gearman:
RIVERDAVE, YOUR RIGHT. I USUALLY DO NOT ENTER INTO THIS TYPE OF ARENA. IT WAS ONLY BECAUSE I KNEW THAT WHOM EVER WAS READING THIS PUBLIC FORUM WAS BEING GROSSLY MISLEAD. GARY
Gary you can stick your head in the sand and say you did not know- But you were offered prior too! (At the meeting to know everything) I assume you are in business and are the G in G & H Boat Sales (Gary & Harold)
So I know if that is so -My point lays dead with you.-
Again the Hot Boat Guru- Harold has only collected money -not payed, and the Dyno is still Fact! Would G & H Boat Sales Like to buy a R&D Marine 540 Motor CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP! Scott would like to get his Money Back-
He is not involved in our piss contest.
Dave-

RiverDave
05-01-2002, 03:51 PM
First Class Dave... Absolutely first Class.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD

HammerDown
05-01-2002, 04:13 PM
Waaaahhhh, Waaaahhhh, Waaaahhhh,...So the babys need to have there diapers changed again!

sandblasted
05-01-2002, 07:50 PM
I'm a consumer so I could less or about the legal battles or who calls who names..
Make the friggin thing work, put a diverter on it, or 2 if it needs it. show us some pictures with twin rooster tails and then maybe I'll get excited about buying it..
till then I'll get by with my single dominator pump!

TaylorLP20
05-01-2002, 08:27 PM
AGRESSOR DAVE,
I have talked to you before and you seem to be a decent enough guy but I gotta say I don't think you are representing your company too well here. Your posts seem to ramble, and I have to think real hard to figure out what you're talking about halk the time.
Just curious, are you the owner of Agressor, or related to the owner? If I was the owner of your company I would have shut you down a long time ago. You aren't doing yourself or your company any favors.

Old Guy
05-01-2002, 08:31 PM
RiverDave sounds to me like somebody who has paid his dues and can easily identify the professional and the amateur. I have been designing and building machinery for more than 40 years. I have been issued approx., 20 patents. My designs have made millions of dollars for my customers. I have, like RiverDave, over time developed the ability to recognize the smell of bullshit. I also, like RiverDave, have developed the ability to see who and what is professional and what is not. Sad to say, I have not seen anything associated with Aggressor that looks professional. Sad because, prior to my finding this forum, I invested about $2k in Aggressor jet pump parts. Of course, just because I see an abundance of belligerent, ignorant arrogance doesn't mean they don't have a good product. It only means that their PR sucks.
Sorry, I could only hold it in so long.
Well said RiverDave.
old

jet2jet2002
05-01-2002, 09:18 PM
Wow…… This is quite interesting. Gentlemen, The bottom line here is the marketing of a new product. How is it that two parties start at the same point and one party already has a product for sale out on the market, while the other party is still trying to put it together? Simple, the creator had already thought out the engineering of the whole unit while the other party is still trying to combine A, B, and C together, hoping for a finished product. This is what happens when you try to steal someone else’s idea. Every invention has a window of opportunity, you either capitalize on it or you don’t………Sorry Aggressor.
After reading both sides testimonials above, I can only come to one conclusion. R & D is the Creator and Innovator of the duel drive unit. Just from reading out of Aggressors own mouth stating that “We have been thinking about doing this for years” in no way means that they have any exclusive on the so called infamous intake. If this is all you have to stand on, then I would seriously reconsider any possible legal action. You are barking up the wrong tree once again. Focus your attention on and funnel any legal money to a project of your own creation. Second, why the hell would anybody call in a second party to do the setup of an invention of a product in your own field without asking them to sign a nondisclosure? That’s kind of like Microsoft asking IBM to run their operating system without any prearranged agreement. Go Figure!!!!
Sounds to me like R & D hired Major Brass to mold an intake for him and the neighbor came over to see what was cooking on the stove. Not only did he like what he saw but the potential for future revenues was just too irresistible to over look. Why might I be surprised you may ask? I’m not!!!!!! Look at the history of this pump outfit. Innovators and Leaders of nothing……….. Imitation and Reproduction of everything they have on the market. Need I say anymore!!!!!!!
P.S. Look for a well known P.R. firm because you are going to need one.
[This message has been edited by jet2jet2002 (edited May 01, 2002).]

future boater
05-01-2002, 09:56 PM
what ever happened to the pics you were going to post?

flat broke
05-01-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by AGGRESSOR JETS:
Would G & H Boat Sales Like to buy a R&D Marine 540 Motor CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP! Scott would like to get his Money Back-
Dave-
Is that offer open to other parties? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif What do you consider Cheap?
Chris

flat broke
05-01-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by jet2jet2002:
Wow…… This is quite interesting. Gentlemen, The bottom line here is the marketing of a new product. How is it that two parties start at the same point and one party already has a product for sale out on the market, while the other party is still trying to put it together? Simple, the creator had already thought out the engineering of the whole unit while the other party is still trying to combine A, B, and C together, hoping for a finished product. This is what happens when you try to steal someone else’s idea. Every invention has a window of opportunity, you either capitalize on it or you don’t………Sorry Aggressor.
After reading both sides testimonials above, I can only come to one conclusion. R & D is the Creator and Innovator of the duel drive unit. Just from reading out of Aggressors own mouth stating that “We have been thinking about doing this for years” in no way means that they have any exclusive on the so called infamous intake. If this is all you have to stand on, then I would seriously reconsider any possible legal action. You are barking up the wrong tree once again. Focus your attention on and funnel any legal money to a project of your own creation. Second, why the hell would anybody call in a second party to do the setup of an invention of a product in your own field without asking them to sign a nondisclosure? That’s kind of like Microsoft asking IBM to run their operating system without any prearranged agreement. Go Figure!!!!
Sounds to me like R & D hired Major Brass to mold an intake for him and the neighbor came over to see what was cooking on the stove. Not only did he like what he saw but the potential for future revenues was just too irresistible to over look. Why might I be surprised you may ask? I’m not!!!!!! Look at the history of this pump outfit. Innovators and Leaders of nothing……….. Imitation and Reproduction of everything they have on the market. Need I say anymore!!!!!!!
P.S. Look for a well known P.R. firm because you are going to need one.
Well you know what they say about opinions... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Chris

DW@AGGRESSOR
05-03-2002, 06:29 AM
hi dave !!!

RiverDave
05-03-2002, 07:59 AM
Ultimate1, I for one would really like to know how the day went and if you have any pic's of it.. I don't want to get tangled into another aggressor thread, so can you e-mail me the results of your day?
djohnson@scicontech.com
RD

DW@AGGRESSOR
05-03-2002, 08:17 AM
Gary i agree with you , this is out of controll.The meeting you mentioned was to discuss the progress of the new gear box, harold and you company was desigining.We had for months , tryed to recieve information on all particulars with no avele, even after the meeting the information was still unavaible to us.Not knowing the cost or delivery time we had no other option but secure a gear box for testing.Harold absolutly knew we wanted to be ther when the boat was tested.He was in my office that morning and said"i will call you with a time and you and scott can meet us there", he called, but only after the boat was tested, again harold told us one thing and did another.We had agreed that Harold was incharge of gear box project and handle all installations for the dual drive.We also would refer all customers who wanted the dual drive set up to contact Harold Bruce at R&D MARINE.
UNDER POINT 1
1. We have address the possibility of manufacturing a dual drive for many years,it just happen that harold knew that scott was purchasing a new boat and suggested , why not a dual drive, the timming was right. We mentioned that we were going to do a dual drive but untill now we didnt know what boat we wanted to try.Scott was willing to let us use his boat for this purpose,Harold was to produce a gear box and aggressor was to produce a intake...( that was the agreement) or should i say a handshake.
2. Gary you are correct.
3. harolds only input after see the compleated intake was " it looks good". At no time did Harold spend one week of his time with our tool designer. his involment has been avaricious to say the least. We created the drawings, master patterns and the first proto unit.If what Gary claims to be the truth, that we were contracted to build a dual intake for him then ask him to post the canseled check made out to aggressor for all tooling charges($78,000 to date).
4.correct
5.here say
6.correct (details unknown)
7.correct
8.Harold did test, hoever no suggestions were made. Why did Harold do the set up?We did not have the time or the room.unfortuely we ended up having to do a complete redo on setting the intake and having a new motor built. This accounts for aggressor not being in the boat show and not being able to test on schedule.Garys boat was fully functional and only needed the installations of the intake and the pumps.It should be noted that its premature to release a product to the public untill all testing is compleated and the unit proves to be safe and reliable in all possible situations one might incounter.
RESPONCE TO INQUIRES 1-4
1.Harold did not engineer our intake, the original dual intake was manufactured by taking 2 of our intakes and making modifications , while drawings were being made for final proto type.As far as the logo question , the first intake did not have a logo on it.Harold simply put his name on it a claimed it was his. (i guess anybody can do that)and yes we should have had a signed agreement. A hand shake apparently does not mean to some people , what it means to me.
2. We were informed only after he had tested the boat to come and see , you stated we were mad , that is a understatement ...we were outragged !!!!
3.We wanted to sell pumps and intakes as a complete unit for any possible warranty problems.
4.The dual drive concept has been around for a long time, its not new just our intake design.Harold sole purpose in the beginning was to pocure a gear box. To all of you who have posted over the last few weeks i thank you and apologize for all the mud slinging that has gone around"it will stop today".We at aggressor truly know the truth on how the dual intake was developed and the people behind it.We will continue to develop and improve our product line and support the jet boat industry in the most professional way and yes we have learned a valuable lession ( get it in writting ).We will continue to respond to any and all technical questions posed but will discontinue any responses in regards to " he said she said " i think we can ultize our time in a much more constructive way.Hope to see you all on the lake someday...untill then God bless
DON WOOD
PRESIDENT/CEO M.B.F. CORP/AGGRESSOR CORP.

RiverDave
05-03-2002, 08:44 AM
78K worth of Tooling? Is that production tooling? How many dual drives have been created to date?
Have you ever considered Rapid Prototyping for prototype Patterns? It would seem that you could have saved quite a bit of money to test your design. (And had it faster as well.)
River"Always the Salesman"Dave.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
Ok.. So I spammed what I do for a living.. I can't help it things are slow right now.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
[This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited May 03, 2002).]

AGGRESSOR JETS
05-03-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by RiverDave:
78K worth of Tooling? Is that production tooling? How many dual drives have been created to date?
Have you ever considered Rapid Prototyping for prototype Patterns? It would seem that you could have saved quite a bit of money to test your design. (And had it faster as well.)
River"Always the Salesman"Dave.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
Ok.. So I spammed what I do for a living.. I can't help it things are slow right now.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
[This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited May 03, 2002).]
RiverDave- Keep up the good work- thats how you hook em. Not sure if rapid would save cost on this one- Its complex compound swarfs on the drafts. Requires 5 inner stage cores sets while making it. I know most of you grow your stuff - But a good old mock up master pattern maker can still compete. Don't I need to translate to numeriacal values on program.

Bense468
05-05-2002, 02:16 PM
I don't know if any of you guys saw Harold run their dual drive ultra down the lake at Ming. I know they did it twice Sat. Talked to him for a while they put c impellars in it to see how it would run. It was weird seeing two Roosts.

LVjetboy
05-06-2002, 01:24 AM
If they're going to c's, must still be short on hp? Any results yet??

LPG chris
05-06-2002, 02:17 AM
I thought you might be interested to see a photo like this....
http://www.nzjetboating.com/boardimg/twojets.jpg
[This message has been edited by LPG chris (edited May 06, 2002).]

canuck1
05-06-2002, 08:20 AM
LPG is that the boat from NZ how did it run

AGGRESSOR JETS
05-06-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by LPG chris:
I thought you might be interested to see a photo like this....
http://www.nzjetboating.com/boardimg/twojets.jpg
[This message has been edited by LPG chris (edited May 06, 2002).]
Chris, tryed to E mail you -want to find out more info- also are you 7 1/2 up on that nozzle @ what choke & HP Dave

canuck1
05-06-2002, 08:44 AM
Dave
That boat was on another site (NZ jet boating) It has twin 454 motors i believe

LPG chris
05-08-2002, 12:08 AM
The set-up was quite a new and there was still further development. It is in a race boat so some details are available but the boat is powered by 2x 3.8L V6 supercharged with a dive reduction system. It is hard to comment on how the performance is because they race up rivers where you can get stuck, not as easy as lake jet blasting. I will find a viedo clip and post.

SuperWrench0166
07-14-2002, 05:35 AM
ok what ever happened in this

Jungle Boy
07-18-2002, 03:40 PM
canuck1:
Dave
That boat was on another site (NZ jet boating) It has twin 454 motors i believeI seen this boat run in the races last year in New Zealand. It was powered by 2 - S/C V6 engines. The pumps were driven by a belt set up. It was a engieering marval, but it was a huge tank and only ran about 50 MPH, when he wasn't pushing it off sand bars. Basicly, a good idea that need refining.
JB
[ July 19, 2002, 05:54 AM: Message edited by: Jungle Boy ]