PDA

View Full Version : Problem with wife!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-15-2005, 09:10 AM
I feel weird posting this but I am sure some of you might have the same issues.
My youngest son is going to be going to school full time soon and my wife is starting to feel useless. She hasn't worked in over 4 years.
We don't need the $ although it would be nice. My biggest concern is being able to take off on river trips when we want. I don't want to her to have a 9-5 job m-f. She needs to start some kind of buisiness and can't think of one that makes sense. She feels terible and I'm starting to worry. What the heck do you guys do? What cool buisiness ideas do you have?

Tom Brown
03-15-2005, 09:13 AM
Screw her happy.

moneypit
03-15-2005, 09:14 AM
Have her start an e-bay store. No hours whatsoever. And you can practically sell anything in your worst drawer in the house. I will donate one of my drawers full of junk. People buy junk at enormous prices.

Reaper1
03-15-2005, 09:15 AM
Tell her to go out to Havasu and help Aaron finish that big ass white missle taking up the main bay. :D Nice exhaust manifolds buddy, gotta love the salt water. :supp:
Hi Mike!
Reap

hoolign
03-15-2005, 09:16 AM
Diconnect the home shopping channel NOW!!!. they get all goofy when they are bored! does she want to go to school for anything? volenteer work? she could get a web cam and just shower all day! endless possibilities! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-15-2005, 09:18 AM
if you both decide to let her work.. Have her get a part time job mon- thurs.
she is feeling like this now.. but if she stays home she will have more time for herself.. I went through the same thing.. when my first went to school full time.. but now I am fine. she will be able to do spring cleaning and stuff like that. she will be fine wether she gets a pt. job or not.. it is just a faze she is going to go through for a few months. ;)

Jbb
03-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Lemonade stand?....

Tom Brown
03-15-2005, 09:19 AM
Here is the answer. Everyone.... please welcome...
Mrs. FREIND OF AA AND TA

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Mrs. FREIND OF AA AND TA
ROTFLMAO!! that is a great idea.. :p :p

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Mrs. FREIND OF AA AND TA
Thats all I need!!! :D
I like the shower and e-bay idea so far!

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-15-2005, 09:24 AM
I got the perfect shower.. :crossx:

hoolign
03-15-2005, 09:26 AM
yeah I knew that'd be a hit..we'll need to screen the pics on here of course..we would'nt want to let you sell pics that don't meet the criteria...those that don't make the cut.....I'll just keep in a safe place! :rollside:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-15-2005, 09:28 AM
I like you! You sound like my freind Bre! :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-15-2005, 09:29 AM
who me or Hoolign.. :confused: :smile:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-15-2005, 09:31 AM
You, he typed in faster than me

Tom Brown
03-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Hoolign sounds more like Barbigrl.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-15-2005, 09:33 AM
Hooligan I just e-mailed you the shower pics, let me know!

hoolign
03-15-2005, 09:34 AM
My voice is deeper :hammerhea

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-15-2005, 09:35 AM
You, he typed in faster than me
LOL!! well Bre is my friend too.. I have a few pics with her also. :p

Windy
03-15-2005, 09:36 AM
I agree with Mrs.V...have her get a part time job first...ease her way back into the work force...or maybe take some classes in a field she might be interested in.
I stayed with my daughter til she started school...then I got a job as a bank teller and worked 20 something hours per week.
Good luck,
Windy

hoolign
03-15-2005, 09:36 AM
Hoolign sounds more like Barbigrl.
I own a boat!
:rolleyes:

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-15-2005, 09:40 AM
I own a boat!
:rolleyes:
she has a cool avatar.. she owns a boat.. :D

rrrr
03-15-2005, 09:40 AM
My wife is a pet sitter, goes to people's houses when they are out of town. She uses the money to pay for a personal trainer and the gym, and trips with the girls.
During the Christmas holidays she bags around 3-4 grand. How much you work is up to the individual. Her vet tells people about the service and word of mouth helps too. I think she has at least a couple of hundred customers.
I like what she spends the money on, I get the benefits if ya know what I mean, huh huh huh..... :D :220v: :220v:

hoolign
03-15-2005, 09:42 AM
she has a cool avatar.. she owns a boat.. :D
The similarities are uncanny
:idea:

hoolign
03-15-2005, 09:44 AM
Hoolign dresses me up like Barbigrl.
Oh thats it ..had to open your yap did'nt ya
:p

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-15-2005, 09:45 AM
My wife is a pet sitter, goes to people's houses when they are out of town. She uses the money to pay for a personal trainer and the gym, and trips with the girls.
During the Christmas holidays she bags around 3-4 grand. How much you work is up to the individual. Her vet tells people about the service and word of mouth helps too. I think she has at least a couple of hundred customers.
I like what she spends the money on, I get the benefits if ya know what I mean, huh huh huh..... :D :220v: :220v:
Thats a great idea! I would love for her to buy her own girl trips and toys!

caroftheweek
03-15-2005, 10:26 AM
My wife's friend does that pampered chef sales stuff. She does pretty well, suprised me. $2k-$3k per month and tons of free time and flexible work schedule. Our neighbor works for partylite candles and she does pretty well also. These jobs are great for women that love to get together and cook and hang out.
Ryan

mtndewdrops
03-15-2005, 10:39 AM
After 14 years, my wife just recently went back to work. She is an office assistant for a small company and works part time between 9:30 and 3:00 M-F. I agree that a full time job is overwhelming at first, so I would go with a part time job that can be flexible and allow her to pick up and drop off the kids.
I would AVOID the Partylite, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, anything like that because it always sounds easy at first then later it tapers off. We still have over $1k worth of Mary Kay inventory to prove it! Besides, it is way to easy to spend your earnings on their products.

Dawn Patrol
03-15-2005, 10:44 AM
My Wife works part time at my Daughters School. It's a couple of hours a day, no weekends, nights or Holidays, plus the Summer off!!! Perfect job to give Her something usefull to do, and it also give my Wife some of her own hard earned money to play with.
It's a Win Win situation.
Have your Wife look at their School web site for job openings.
Good Luck.

Krumbsnatcher
03-15-2005, 10:52 AM
My youngest son is going to be going to school full time soon and my wife is starting to feel useless. She hasn't worked in over 4 years.
We don't need the $ although it would be nice. My biggest concern is being able to take off on river trips when we want. I don't want to her to have a 9-5 job m-f. She needs to start some kind of buisiness and can't think of one that makes sense. She feels terible and I'm starting to worry. What the heck do you guys do? What cool buisiness ideas do you have?
Do what i did let her run the business phones and deal with the end customer, she will feel she is contributing and offer ideas.

bunny 166
03-15-2005, 11:03 AM
I am a waitress 3 days a week. I work the lunch shift, so I only work 11:30-2. That way I have some time in the am to take care of things, and I'm there when the kids get out of school to do homework, make dinner, etc. It's nice to have cash in my pocket at the end of each day. I also teach my daughter's drill team. We practice only once a week, and compete twice a month. Summers off, of course!! I charge $40 per girl, and I have a team of 30. They are alot of fun, and I keep tuition low to encourage repeat enrollment. :D ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-15-2005, 11:05 AM
I am a waitress 3 days a week. I work the lunch shift, so I only work 11:30-2. That way I have some time in the am to take care of things, and I'm there when the kids get out of school to do homework, make dinner, etc. It's nice to have cash in my pocket at the end of each day. I also teach my daughter's drill team. We practice only once a week, and compete twice a month. Summers off, of course!! I charge $40 per girl, and I have a team of 30. They are alot of fun, and I keep tuition low to encourage repeat enrollment. :D ;)
are you competing at Magic Mountain this weekend? :idea:

Moose
03-15-2005, 11:07 AM
I say do DAy Care before and after school only. That way she still has the morning and afternoons free. Makes a little bit of money and your tax returns are the bomb.......................It's the only business that you get to right off everything. I did it for 14 years. Then I went full time at Costco with full benefits and retirement. This way she cans still raise your child and be home when he gets home.
Mrs. Moose

Tom Brown
03-15-2005, 11:07 AM
I also teach my daughter's drill team.
How are you making out with the search for a new practice facility?

bunny 166
03-15-2005, 11:13 AM
are you competing at Magic Mountain this weekend? :idea:
Hi Mrs. V!! No, not this weekend.....not with Frenchie, Mel, Kilrs and the gang partying it up!! We will be in Havi!! :D :D We'll be in Vegas on April 23rd, and Knott's Berry Farm on April 30th. :D :D

bunny 166
03-15-2005, 11:15 AM
How are you making out with the search for a new practice facility?
Hello, Mr. Brown--that's sweet of you to remember. Have a meeting with the Pastor scheduled soon, so keep your fingers crossed.... :smile: :smile:

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Hi Mrs. V!! No, not this weekend.....not with Frenchie, Mel, Kilrs and the gang partying it up!! We will be in Havi!! :D :D We'll be in Vegas on April 23rd, and Knott's Berry Farm on April 30th. :D :D
I was currious because my neice is in alot of compitions and wanted to know if you compete with them. :D their knotts berry farm one got canceled they were at sea world last week. :D

bunny 166
03-15-2005, 11:18 AM
I was currious because my neice is in alot of compitions and wanted to know if you compete with them. :D their knotts berry farm one got canceled they were at sea world last week. :D
Check with her to see if she competes through the SHARP International circuit. Those are the competitions we attend, although we may attend Miss Junior Dance Drill Team USA, which is in May. :D

tornreality
03-15-2005, 11:20 AM
I got a backhoe. And I will offer my services of digging the ditch only.
:crossx:

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Check with her to see if she competes through the SHARP International circuit. Those are the competitions we attend, although we may attend Miss Junior Dance Drill Team USA, which is in May. :D
they do compete through sharp and their name is Powered by Dance. they will also be in Vegas in April. :p

bunny 166
03-15-2005, 11:38 AM
they do compete through sharp and their name is Powered by Dance. they will also be in Vegas in April. :p
Wow, small world! I think they were at John Burroughs in Burbank....I have seen them before! Cool! I'll cheer for them extra loud next time :wink: :wink: Tell her to watch out for Saddleback Valley Angels Drill Team. We are usually in the Elementary Extra Large Drill/Pom division. :) :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Wow, small world! I think they were at John Burroughs in Burbank....I have seen them before! Cool! I'll cheer for them extra loud next time :wink: :wink: Tell her to watch out for Saddleback Valley Angels Drill Team. We are usually in the Elementary Extra Large Drill/Pom division. :) :)
I will see you in Vegas in April.. I am going to go also.. I will be sure to tell them who you are. My neice is also in the elementary hip hop and drill. :smile:
this is a very small world.

bunny 166
03-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Here's a few of the girls and what our uniforms look like--we have poms, too. I have 30 of them! :p :p http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066IMG_0831.JPG

mbrown2
03-15-2005, 11:47 AM
Interesting Topic....my wife and I are thinking of the same thing...but the other way around...she works full time and it gets in the way of the river schedule...so although I hate to see the income go, I would like her to have less stress in her life, specifically cause the money she is bringing home don't warrant the stress.....However, she still wants to work because she thinks she will be bored so she is looking at part time gigs...Mon-Thur....something like a receptionist at a day spa or something...this way she gets a huge discount on all the stuff that ladies like to do to themselves or have done at Spa's....
So it is either that or the Partylight, Pampered Chef....I have my thoughts on those, but I want to support her in whatever she wants to do....and have her a flexible schedule that will allow our river trips or allow her to travel when work takes me off somewhere.

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-15-2005, 12:00 PM
Here's a few of the girls and what our uniforms look like--we have poms, too. I have 30 of them! :p :p http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066IMG_0831.JPG
I think I remember seeing them.. did you all go to Vegas competition last year? I remember the hair. I thought they were the cuttest little things. I use to do hair yrs ago so that is what cought my eye. :wink:

bunny 166
03-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Yep...been at Las Vegas for 3 years now....we had different uniforms, but the same hair :p I am so NOT curling all their hair--they are hairpieces that cost about 15 bucks. That way no flat hair and we all look the same!! ;) ;) Sorry to jack your thread....I know something will work out for you and your wife!!! :p :p http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066IMG_0143.JPG

BoatFloating
03-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Hell she married you no wonder she feels useless.... :)

mbrown2
03-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Hell she married you no wonder she feels useless.... :)
LMAO :D :D :D

No Regrets
03-15-2005, 01:14 PM
LMAO :D :D :D
No shi it!
Good one Rock. Pissed myself.

dean51267
03-15-2005, 01:17 PM
it is about self fuliment, let her find something she loves to do, volunteer at a childrens home, a VFW, Easter Seals, join the Eastern Star, something. You get a better wife, she gets a better life, society gets help for its most needy.

Charley
03-15-2005, 01:25 PM
How about a Boat detailing business ;) :D

DansBlown73Nordic
03-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Maybe she could find a PT Topless dancing job......

rrrr
03-15-2005, 01:28 PM
it is about self fuliment, let her find something she loves to do, volunteer at a childrens home, a VFW, Easter Seals, join the Eastern Star, something. You get a better wife, she gets a better life, society gets help for its most needy.
That's a good one. My wife works every Wednesday at a church, they have a "clothes closet" deal that takes donated clothing and gives it to the needy. She enjoys it and it benefits those that need help.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
03-15-2005, 02:20 PM
I love you all and thanks for the ideas!
And to the idiot jokers thanks for the laughs!

hoolign
03-15-2005, 03:13 PM
I love you all and thanks for the ideas!
And to the idiot jokers thanks for the laughs!
Yeah..this was a serious thread!...you may want to spend a bit on that shower cam..cause it'd be lowsy to lose feed halfway through!...glad to help..er you are doing the web cam thing arent you?
:D

pixilatedpussy
03-15-2005, 03:18 PM
Two of my closest friends sell Cookie Lee Jewlery. I know, it may sound kind of corney, but they make their own hours and good $. They are able to be their own boss, work in their childrens classrooms, and still have FUN making some play money!!!! Tell her I think she is awesome for staying home with her babies!!! She is not useless, being a mommy is the most important job 24/7!!!!! LOL Mrs. PP