PDA

View Full Version : Boating in Nashville area?

Hemicbx
03-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Can some of you TN guys give me input on boating in the Nashville / Hendersonville / Gallatin area? What lakes & rivers are available out there?
Thanks
Hemicbx

NashvilleBound
03-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Can some of you TN guys give me input on boating in the Nashville / Hendersonville / Gallatin area? What lakes & rivers are available out there?
Thanks
Hemicbx
Depends on what your in for.... Old Hickory and Percy Preict are shallow and busy cuz they are so close to Nashville. Center Hill in about an hour East and its paradise. Dale Hollow is another hour east and probably the nicest lake around. Try this.... http://www.tennesseelakeinfo.com/

Hemicbx
03-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Mainly interested in jet boating & skiing. Thanks for the link.

throwerb
03-17-2005, 04:32 PM
I live on Old Hickory in hendersonville. Just moved here 3 months ago and have yet to get out on the lake but I've seen alot of boats out the last few weekends. I also have a jetboat and everyone I've talked to said you have nothing to worry about. All the locals say that the closer to Gallatin you go the nicer the lake is. They have a pretty serious party cove up that way I may just have to check out :wink:

RiverOtter
03-18-2005, 11:41 AM
I live on Old Hickory in hendersonville. Just moved here 3 months ago and have yet to get out on the lake but I've seen alot of boats out the last few weekends. I also have a jetboat and everyone I've talked to said you have nothing to worry about. All the locals say that the closer to Gallatin you go the nicer the lake is. They have a pretty serious party cove up that way I may just have to check out :wink:
Ya know you'll have to sell that jet and buy a Sea Ray. This is TN :D

NashvilleBound
03-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Ya know you'll have to sell that jet and buy a Sea Ray. This is TN :D
Aw now come on there slim...dont be teaching him bad habits already. He just got here;)

RiverOtter
03-18-2005, 12:20 PM
Aw now come on there slim...dont be teaching him bad habits already. He just got here;)
What? :cool:

Boat Racer
03-20-2005, 07:40 AM
Mainly interested in jet boating & skiing. Thanks for the link.
Don't stop off at Cumberland, because, it's turned into "offshore boat" lake... The smallest I'd want to run is 26'...
You can also find lots of calm water back in the creeks, that's where the 1/8-1/4 mile stuff is... Cumberland is a little over 2 hours from Nashville, but will admit that Dale Hallow is a very beautiful lake that I'd try if I where you!!!