PDA

View Full Version : How to get spare tire of extreme trailer

TheEduKATor
03-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Hey guys the Edukator is on the side of the 15 freeway headed towards San Diego with a flat tire and can't get the spare tire out form under the extreme cat trailer by any means. Does anyone have some tricks, tips or info that could help him out.

Jrocket
03-15-2005, 10:14 PM
What off ramp ya close to?It should just drop out.

Flying Tiger
03-15-2005, 10:15 PM
It should lift right out,, keep at it,, get a flashlight and study it,, it should be no probelm.

Jrocket
03-15-2005, 10:16 PM
My extreme has it mounted on top between the tunnels.

Outnumbered
03-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Hey guys the Edukator is on the side of the 15 freeway headed towards San Diego with a flat tire and can't get the spare tire out form under the extreme cat trailer by any means. Does anyone have some tricks, tips or info that could help him out.
Is the trailer dropped on low profile wheels/tires? If it is too low then he needs to drive the trailer to a position that will put a little clearance under the trailer or jack up the trailer enough to get the tire out. I assume that is the problem but not sure.

Flying Tiger
03-15-2005, 10:20 PM
The clip pulls outta the pin,, ya pull the pin completely out,, then the whole dam tire assy lowers down.
Car/truck lug wrench usually wont fit the trailer lugs.

TheEduKATor
03-15-2005, 10:23 PM
The problem is that the studs for the lug nuts are welded on top of the frame underneath the tunnel. Just when the rim almost clears the studs it hits the tunnel and it will not come off.

Jrocket
03-15-2005, 10:27 PM
triple axle trailer?Where on the 15 is he?

Phat Matt
03-15-2005, 10:29 PM
I don't know if the Xtreme works the same as my Competitive. Mine has a bolt you have to take out and then the whole assembly drops to the ground. Then unscrew the lug nuts and pull the tire off from underneath the trailer. :confused: Should I call his cell?

Phat Matt
03-15-2005, 10:30 PM
triple axle trailer?Where on the 15 is he?
If I remember correctly it's a double.

Outnumbered
03-15-2005, 10:30 PM
The problem is that the studs for the lug nuts are welded on top of the frame underneath the tunnel. Just when the rim almost clears the studs it hits the tunnel and it will not come off.
That sux, sounds like Pedro the welder used too long of studs.
Can he put the truck jack between the trailer frame and the boat? Use the floor mats in the truck for pads/protection and/or a 2x4 block etc. Kind of McGyver but may budge the boat enough to get the tire out.

TheEduKATor
03-15-2005, 10:32 PM
Sorry about that, its a tandem, and he is at the end of the deer springs on ramp.

Phat Matt
03-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Sorry about that, its a tandem, and he is at the end of the deer springs on ramp.
I think you are just working on his post count tonight since he's been MIA. :p
Is this the better looking half asking the questions? And, no I don't mean Ray. :D

Jrocket
03-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Not sure were deer springs is.

TheEduKATor
03-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Yep, this is none other than Ray, just trying to relay info via Wyoming.

TheEduKATor
03-15-2005, 10:41 PM
It might be dear springs road, or deer springs road, right where the speed limit changes back to 65. Not sure of the exact spelling, its been a while since I have been out that way

Phat Matt
03-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Yep, this is none other than Ray, just trying to relay info via Wyoming.
What's up Ray. Hope things are going well for you. Tell him he can call my cell if he wants. I don't know if I can help but I'll try. I'm not sure where that exit is either but I'm pretty sure it's not close to me cuz the 15 isn't.
Matt

mbrown2
03-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Just be lucky his Special Purpose did not get bit by a snake tonight cause with all the help he is getting here it sounds like he would be dead. :):)
If the spare mount does not have drop down bracketry and the tire won't come off, you might be screwed...try letting some air out the spare might fit between the studs and the boat then.

Phat Matt
03-15-2005, 11:04 PM
try letting some air out the spare might fit then.
Then he'll need a spare for his spare. :p

mbrown2
03-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Then he'll need a spare for his spare. :p
Some air....he could get to a gas station with 15lbs....heck I rockcrawl with less sometimes

THATJEFFGUY
03-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Hey Ray..isn't it time for you two to get a new boat anyway ? Just tell Russ to leave the boat/trailer out there and collect the insurance money ! Hopefully the thieves don't read the forums...and don't see that "C" word on the side though ! :D Just kiddin' Bro...hopefully it works out for you guys, I gotta big ass hammer and a sawz all...so if he needs that I can help !

TheEduKATor
03-15-2005, 11:07 PM
Things are going matt thanks, and from the looks of it things have been going good for you in the party department. Wyoming doesnt even compete. I might be back in cali in 2 weeks for about 3 months, and I will definately try to meet you guys on the water.

Phat Matt
03-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey Ray..isn't it time for you two to get a new boat anyway ? Just tell Russ to leave the boat/trailer out there and collect the insurance money ! Hopefully the thieves don't read the forums...and don't see that "C" word on the side though ! :D Just kiddin' Bro...hopefully it works out for you guys, I gotta big ass hammer and a sawz all...so if he needs that I can help !
What ever came out of your boat? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to. :D

Phat Matt
03-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Things are going matt thanks, and from the looks of it things have been going good for you in the party department. Wyoming doesnt even compete. I might be back in cali in 2 weeks for about 3 months, and I will definately try to meet you guys on the water.
Cool. Just let me know so we can plan some weekends at the river together!

TheEduKATor
03-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Thanks guys for all the info, he already tried letting air out of the spare and that still didnt work. He is waiting on a pair of bolt cutters now. Trust me, he is thinking, and did i mention that he has no flash light

THATJEFFGUY
03-15-2005, 11:18 PM
What ever came out of your boat? You don't have to answer that if you don't want to. :D
Check your PM Bro

Phat Matt
03-15-2005, 11:21 PM
Check your PM Bro
Got it. Check yours. :)

TheEduKATor
03-16-2005, 02:37 AM
Just limped her home on 3 wheel motion at 2:26 in the morning. The license plate will need to be replaced. What a biatch. Still never did get the spare off. It seems like the studs holding the spare on where too long because there was no clearance between the tunnel and the tire mount. Not a good start to the season. Just went to pick up the boat from B&D marine and things got from bad to worse, first the blow out, coudn't get the spare out, then went to start up the truck to make a kamakazi run home after removing the blown tire and it did not start, and no jumper. Got to be at work in 4 1/2 hours to give the kids their high school exit exam. Thanks for the help guys, Matt, hope to see you on the water soon and I'm still working on your designs. Thanks Ray for posting.

OutCole'd
03-16-2005, 06:16 AM
Just limped her home on 3 wheel motion at 2:26 in the morning. The license plate will need to be replaced. What a biatch. Still never did get the spare off. It seems like the studs holding the spare on where too long because there was no clearance between the tunnel and the tire mount. Not a good start to the season. Just went to pick up the boat from B&D marine and things got from bad to worse, first the blow out, coudn't get the spare out, then went to start up the truck to make a kamakazi run home after removing the blown tire and it did not start, and no jumper. Got to be at work in 4 1/2 hours to give the kids their high school exit exam. Thanks for the help guys, Matt, hope to see you on the water soon and I'm still working on your designs. Thanks Ray for posting.
Sorry to hear about that. It will have to get better.
Now about Matt????????? :rollside:

FRENCHIE
03-16-2005, 06:27 AM
i had the sam prob last summer with my spare!!! turns out ti was stripped, but threee of us eventueally got it off!!! :rolleyes:

mtndewdrops
03-16-2005, 06:58 AM
Sounds like a Sawzall is in your future....hack those studs.

Phat Matt
03-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Just be glad you weren't in the middle of rice road. Better to find that out here then there!
And, no rush. But thanks.

Phat Matt
03-16-2005, 09:17 AM
Sorry to hear about that. It will have to get better.
Now about Matt????????? :rollside:
What ever could he be talking about? :confused: ;)

charlyox
03-16-2005, 10:30 AM
They aren't Carlisle tires were they?

OutCole'd
03-16-2005, 11:00 AM
What ever could he be talking about? :confused: ;)
Oh nothing. :D :rolleyes: