PDA

View Full Version : Taylor boats

rstover1
05-16-2001, 07:52 PM
Has anyone ever heard of taylor jet boats ? I own a 76 Taylor ss the tag says it was built in cushing Ok. The boat is in exellent shape my only problem is porpising at high speeds. The boat has a 460 ford with a berkely e pump I think as soon as the wallet will alow a place diverter is in order. p.s. jet boats rule

brazosriver
05-17-2001, 05:10 AM
Rstover....I have a 74 taylor ss with a 455 olds in it. My boat porpoises around 2800 rpms then runs fine. I have the je pump with no diverter. 18' thru transom exhaust. Just finished restoring.. Brazos

rstover1
05-17-2001, 12:46 PM
thanks brazo I really like my taylor. Where do you run yours. I run in the great Oklahoma lakes primarily euphalla and thunderbird. A local jet boater told me that the taylor ss hull was built to run fast without much horses. Because of the vee cut it wants to lift the the entire boat out of the water when you add extra ponys. hopefully a diverter will help.

brazosriver
05-18-2001, 07:03 AM
glad you like your taylor rstover. I live in the dallas area so i hit the local lakes and been going to the brazos river just south of fort worth. Lot of jets and HP outboards hang out there. My taylor runs about 62 with stock engine, exhaust and no diverter...good luck with yours

rstover1
05-18-2001, 09:24 AM
yea my Taylor runs about 67 right now stock exaust,no diverter with mild upgrades in cam. forged pistons,holley 750 when I get a diverter I plan to go to alum intake and try to get 75 I use it for alot of family skiing tubing,and so on We sometimes go to texoma mabie we will see you there
[This message has been edited by rstover1 (edited May 18, 2001).]

SuckMyWake
05-21-2001, 08:09 PM
Hi guys,
I just bought a 1976 18' Taylor (not an SS, this one has a very low profile) with a 455 Olds, through transom exhaust. I just rebuilt the pump with new bearings, seals and wear ring. It has a place diverter with a 'B' impeller. I absolutely love the boat. It's silver with Magenta Flames. I don't have any bouncing unless the water is rough and the diverter is up. The engine is new, however, I think the 650 Holley and the points ignition are holding it back. It tops out at 53 MPH on the GPS. Any comments? I'm going to post this as a new topic. Have fun.

timitunnel
05-24-2001, 08:30 PM
[Just a simple question? Is TALOR of california the same company as the one in OK. I have a 79 talor bubble deck tunnel boat. I havee yet to see anything simalar or find any info on it. Hope someone is in the know.

rstover1
05-25-2001, 07:55 AM
I heard that taylor of Ok.was bought out by a company in Cal. so who knows I live in Ok. so mabie one day I'll drive to cushing and find out

rstover1
05-25-2001, 10:09 AM
Hey I just found a website that has all kinds of info about taylor boats its www.asapcon.com/taylorboats (http://www.asapcon.com/taylorboats) . It really has alot of info on all types of taylors

kingb36
06-01-2001, 02:14 PM
I must have looked at a different site. This Taylor site is as dead as a doornail. Last updated about 2 years ago. Lots of info on Taylors? Not here!
PS Mine is a 85 LP with a berk 12JE with a JF conversion and trim-a-just, Indmar 454/330.
Bill

rstover1
06-01-2001, 04:31 PM
It had info on where they came from and what happened to oscar taylor thanks for being an asshole though.

kingb36
06-03-2001, 08:36 PM
Spend some time emailing pix of your boat, just like they ask. Wait 5 or 6 months and never see them. No response to emails. And I'm the a**hole? Bottom line-the site sucks!
P.S. BE sure and let us all know when they put pix of your boat on their site.