PDA

View Full Version : Another V Drive Question....

sawtooth
03-16-2005, 06:35 AM
Hey guys along with the v drive I am putting in my boat I am also going to install a turbo 400 trans, here's my question- being that the trans will put the boat in and out of gear what do you do with the in and out on the v drive. Do they make a diffrent housing that replaces this and if so do you also have to change the lower output shaft? :confused: Thanks again for everybodys help, you guys are like a boaters set of encyclopedias :D

BILLY.B
03-16-2005, 06:50 AM
Hey guys along with the v drive I am putting in my boat I am also going to install a turbo 400 trans, here's my question- being that the trans will put the boat in and out of gear what do you do with the in and out on the v drive. Do they make a diffrent housing that replaces this and if so do you also have to change the lower output shaft? :confused: Thanks again for everybodys help, you guys are like a boaters set of encyclopedias :D Do you plan on using this boat?????. If I were you i'd buy a flatbottom to use :D :D :D. I know where there's a really nice Mako you could get your hands on. Then again the guy who owns it probably would want a fortune for it seeing as he thinks it's like a bottle of wine...It gets better with age, especially when UN-OPENED :rollside: :rollside: .!!!!.

BILLY.B
03-16-2005, 06:56 AM
Hey Chief give me a call at the shop later today if you get a chance and i'll help you out.

sawtooth
03-16-2005, 09:22 PM
I would have to blow alot of dust off to even see the date on that bottle I mean hull. :squiggle: It will never be for sale....I am just waiting for everybody to forget about it and then look out. From what I been reading on here if it is not a B boat forget it. Maybe I could start the NDRA :rollside:

WaterBox
03-17-2005, 09:04 AM
I would have to blow alot of dust off to even see the date on that bottle I mean hull. :squiggle: It will never be for sale....I am just waiting for everybody to forget about it and then look out. From what I been reading on here if it is not a B boat forget it. Maybe I could start the NDRA :rollside:
So what kind-a Boat is it?? B boat's are OK, But R Boat's hold the records. :cool:

sawtooth
03-17-2005, 11:58 PM
The one with the trans is a 21' Schiada RC, the one billy is making fun of is a Mako flat set up for pro gas. Hard to believe it is a brand new never been wet 1988 flatbottom.....I have been told I have to many irons in the fire so I just keep lighting more fires :hammerhea

MoJetBoPar
03-18-2005, 06:34 AM
My 68 Rayson Craft has a single-speed trans (velvet-drive) with a neutral and reverse. The In-Out box has a metal strap (instead of a lever) that is bolted to a location on the v-drive gearcase to fix the position to be in gear all the time. A lowbuck deal, but it works.