PDA

View Full Version : Mufflers for 500hp

nextel4u
03-16-2005, 07:22 AM
Anybody know about the Rangers checking for mufflers at Lake Mead? I keep reading about people getting snagged at Havasu, but I have not seen any posts about Mead. Just picked up a Hallett 270 with a 500HP Engine, the exhaust pipes are underneath the swim platform. The engine is stock, when I test drove it for the first time it seemed pretty damn loud. I tested it at Havasu last Friday and we did not see any Rangers at Windsor. I just wanted to take it out this weekend on Mead, I was hoping to deal with the Mufflers in a few weeks. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank You

dicudmore
03-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Do NOT go to Callville bay :D
I read of several people getting hassled and or cited there last year, and it just seems like all the a-holes congregate there :hammer2:
I personally got cited at Lake Mead Marina memorial weekend last year w/a stock 496HO (2 DB over according to the ranger)
The rest of the season I never saw another ranger around Lake Mead Marina. Always been safe out of Echo Bay also...
Should have no probs out there :D

Indiansprings
03-16-2005, 08:19 AM
I just put Gibson bullets on my HP500EFI. Much quieter. No loss in performance. Call Dana Marine. I am real happy with my new Gibsons.

Reaper1
03-16-2005, 08:35 AM
I just put Gibson bullets on my HP500EFI. Much quieter. No loss in performance. Call Dana Marine. I am real happy with my new Gibsons.
Ditto!

Indiansprings
03-16-2005, 08:58 AM
Reaper1, The new quiter sound kind of grows on you, dont it? You can talk without yelling, you can listen to the stereo without thinking, "Is that my 12"s bumpin or the exhaust?"
As quite as it is, makes you feel like you got a sleeper. Just tell everyone its a 350mpi under tha hatch.