PDA

View Full Version : Lakers VS Heat

Not So Fast
03-16-2005, 07:59 AM
It is a sad day for Laker fans indeed, barely over 500 at 32&31. Kobe dosen't look quite as good since Shaq and Phil J. left, can ya herr' that Kupcak. OH YEAH and Miami is I think in FIRST place. nuff said!!!!! NSF

mbrown2
03-16-2005, 08:02 AM
Laker luvr here, but Buss's Ego got the best of him last year...they screwed up alienating Shaq and siding with Kobe.....biggest mistake the franchise ever made and if they would have kept J West, those things would not have happened....West knew how to keep players happy.....Let's go Heat.

Tyson Ross
03-16-2005, 08:51 AM
So you're a Heat Luvr then :cool:

mbrown2
03-16-2005, 08:52 AM
So you're a Heat Luvr then :cool:
This year I am....I am boycotting Lakers for the 05 Season...
Beat the HEAT

6 Dollar Boat
03-16-2005, 08:57 AM
I've been a Laker fan all my life, but this year I switchted to Miami.
Shaq's got class.
GO HEAT

dmontzsta
03-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Lakers still hold the second most championships, and there is always next season and the next season and the next season, who knows...they could still make the playoffs and win the championship, knowone expected the pistons to do that.

6 Dollar Boat
03-16-2005, 09:47 AM
No offense guys but either you ARE or ARE NOT a Laker fan. Quite frankly you are coming off as front runner, bandwagon fans.
Being a fan doesn't meen you have to jump off a cliff with the team. When the Rams moved to St Louis I stopped being a fan. Now that Kobe has broken the team up, it isn't a team I care for right now. I guess I never got the Laker Kool Aid...

AirtimeLavey
03-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Still a Laker fan...but it pisses me off to watch a bunch of high paid, lazy guys underachieve all year long... It's almost as annoying as last year was watching Shaq shoot free throws and say he'll show up when it matters...He talks more shiat and makes more excuses than anybody, but gets away w/it. It was always him that was sayin, "get me the ball, get me the ball..." He got a wake up call, and w/o Wade and being in the East, he'd be nowhere, except kicking the Lakers arse tomorrow night.
Go Lakers....they'll be good again as soon as they find some guys w/heart. They gotta dump a couple knucklheads, first.

OutCole'd
03-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Winning season, or Loosing season, still a fan here.
Go Lakers.

Roxysnow
03-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Ha, that's funny. They still don't have the most championships, whats the difference between second most and 5th most? They're still not #1. Dumping Shaq was the Lakers down fall! I bet if you swapped kobe and Shaq, the Lakers would make the playoffs easily, even with the crew the Lakers have now. As for the playoffs, good luck. After this year, nobody's going to want to play for the Lakers. Only way the Lakers are going to get anybody good is trading away draft picks! Buss got fuc't on this dealio! :argue:

AirtimeLavey
03-16-2005, 10:04 AM
See, now that's a Laker fan :)
How do you feel about all the bandwagons being turned over....lol
Lol, yeah that's LA for you...no loyalty, it's just what's the latest fad. Buss has been brilliant w/the Lakers...he's entitled to a bad call once in a while. It'll all be good...where's that Kool-aid? :mix:

AirtimeLavey
03-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Ha, that's funny. They still don't have the most championships, whats the difference between second most and 5th most? They're still not #1. Dumping Shaq was the Lakers down fall! I bet if you swapped kobe and Shaq, the Lakers would make the playoffs easily, even with the crew the Lakers have now. As for the playoffs, good luck. After this year, nobody's going to want to play for the Lakers. Only way the Lakers are going to get anybody good is trading away draft picks! Buss got fuc't on this dealio! :argue:
Hate to say I gotta disagree. This is still the top sports franchise in the best market. Players will always wanna come out here, no matter who's here. If Shaq had kept his fat arse in shape, he'd still be here. He's having an ok year, only because he got real motivated by the slap down. If he were still here, he'd be bigger, slower and lazier than ever. But, sure as hell not gonna put any $ on Lakers making the playoffs this year.

mbrown2
03-16-2005, 10:35 AM
No offense guys but either you ARE or ARE NOT a Laker fan. Quite frankly you are coming off as front runner, bandwagon fans.
I have been a Clippers and Bucks fan for many years. I don't jump off the wagon just because they have another crappy season.
That is one reason why I dislike the Lakers....Fickle fans :)
Alright, go a head and take your shots at me....lol
I did not say I jumped off due to a bad season, but I am boycotting this one due to a-hole management.... :argue: :boxed: :argue: :rollside: You have to protest and when I do, I roll to the games with my Heat jersey....if you don't protest; Buss's ego will continue to get in the way.
You are probably the guy that shows up late and leaves early to avoid traffic....or you probably get to less then 20 games a year....what bandwagon you riding this month. :)

Racer277
03-16-2005, 10:51 AM
I
You are probably the guy that shows up late and leaves early to avoid traffic....or you probably get to less then 20 games a year....what bandwagon you riding this month. :)
Went to my first laker game last week. Saw them get beat by the clippers.
My hosts told me "the seats will be half filled at start, 2/3 filled by half time".
They were right. Then 10 to go, the lakers are sure to lose, the place CLEARED OUT. All except the top level.
I discussed with them how the top level appeared to be real fans, the lower level is all corporate owned seating. They told me how that worked also. We sat with the Laker's player's wives.
I'm no stick and ball fan (far from it), but I expected to be more impressed with the play. :rolleyes:
Give me racing anyday.

mbrown2
03-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Nope, no band wagon jumping here.
Hey you said you wanted shots.... just f'n with ya...:hammerhea :cool: :hammerhea
You must be angry from all those years of not making the playoffs.....oh'yeah, and all of those banner's look good on the wall.....Oh' I forgot, those are Laker Cship banners....Do the Clippers ask them to take those down when they play at Staples? :wink: :) :wink:

mbrown2
03-16-2005, 10:57 AM
Moving into Staples was a stupid friggin thing for Sterling to do. He should have got out of dodge down to Anaheim when he had the chance. He could have been the first tennant at the Pond and had a lot more control of revenues. Sterling is a bumbling idiot most of the time. But remember one thing...as a business owner he does very well finacially with the Clips....
I hear ya on that...the Pond would have been a great venue; specifically giving OC a basketball team they could luv and a better venue...I am actually a closet clipper fan as well.....

Racer277
03-16-2005, 11:03 AM
But remember one thing...as a business owner he does very well finacially with the Clips....
OK, this does make sense to me.
So many people (on here for instance) think it's always about coming in first place. In racing as in this stuff, it is a business. Often you can make more money running a team that places 2nd or 3rd, or has a driver that buys his ride, or use cheaper players, than you can having a winning or championship team.
Check out Ferrari vs. Renault sometime. Ferrari wins, yet Renault actually profits more from their team every year.
It's all about the money.
If every seat in the house is full, what's the difference if you win or lose (short term of course).

Tyson Ross
03-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Is Kobe the 1st GM to play for the team he manages? :jawdrop:
It is hilarious that Kobe's team will miss the playoffs and Shaq takes a team possibly to the best record in the league.

dmontzsta
03-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Lets see what the heat will be like once shaq is done (which isnt too long) Lakers have a young team now.

mbrown2
03-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Not even close. Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson both predated him by years.
No just the first to completely ruin the chemistry (the two mentioned above made others famous), and take them from last years Championship Series to the 8 spot ....

mbrown2
03-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Well, we could argue about this all day, but, as I stated before, you can't keep two $20M/year players.
Hmmmm...they seemed to do it for three championships and more seasons then that...I disagree they could not have done it differently......the right management could have done it. Are you going to say the management handled it correctly by pissing off the one of the top stars and performers and choosing sides the day after the season ended?

Tyson Ross
03-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Wasn't Jabbar a center (over 40 and still played)?

life's a river
03-16-2005, 01:22 PM
I've been a Laker fan all my life, but this year I switchted to Miami.
Shaq's got class.
GO HEAT
Trader! Shaq does have class. But if you are a Laker fan stay a Laker fan. Shaq has maybe 1 or 2 more years left until retirement. Kobe has at least 8. I think the Lakers were thinking long term. Don't jump ship because of an off season. Kobe will straighten up his punk attitude soon (hopfully).
GO LAKERS!
LAR

AirtimeLavey
03-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Frankly, I don't see how any true Laker fan could call this team an "underachiever." The fact that they are one game over, this late in the season, in the West, is remarkable. They are not a good basketball team, I don't think that's a shock to anyone.
The NBA salary cap makes it impossible to keep a team together for years anymore. The Lakers, and their fans, saw this coming. They had Kobe, Shaq and Phil last year. They did not win a championship. Certainly, they weren't a great team last season either. They were thoroughly outplayed by the Pistons and the Spurs, for that matter. How they ever got into the Finals is a mystery. Last season they were an overachiever, this season they're right about where they should be. Time to rebuild with the draft and through free agency. In this day and age, it's simply impossible to keep two $20M/year players on the same team and fill the rest of the roster with semi quality ball players.
I get you on the "underacheiver/overachiever" thing as far as a generalization of the whole season, but I was talking about Lamar and Caron, have got more game than they sporatically show. This team has talent, just can't kick it into gear for an entire game, or series of games. Defense doesn't require a whole hellova lot of talent, it's more about desire...same with jogging down the court and launching 3's....Kobe's shot selection lately, has left a lot to be desired.

AirtimeLavey
03-16-2005, 01:34 PM
God, am I the only one that hates Shaq? Like I said, I'm not a Laker fan or a Laker hater. I will root for the Lakers against the East, but not against most of the West. I hate Shaq. I find him annoyingly smug, like he's got some big secret and he's not telling. I think, behind Phil Mickelson, he's the most annoyingly phoney sports celebrity I've ever had the displeasure of seeing interviewed.
I am a Laker fan, and I'm with ya, except he does a lot for the community, and some of his shiat is entertaining as hell, as long as your team isn't depending on him...

jdogginla
03-16-2005, 01:40 PM
I have been a Clippers and Bucks fan for many years. I don't jump off the wagon just because they have another crappy season.
That is one reason why I dislike the Lakers....Fickle fans :)
Alright, go a head and take your shots at me....lol
That's right us Clipper Fans stick together.........even if there are only 11,00 of em in the entire city of LA! Go Clipps......... :mix:

jdogginla
03-16-2005, 01:43 PM
I hear ya...when Kittles played briefly he looked good to me. Jaric, damn..he was playing very well.
Next year...as always frustrating but fun to watch them play.
Were not out yet..........we still have plenty of home games to play and we are only 4 games out. GOOOOO CLIPPS!
Ohh and Kerry Kittles is a Lamar Odom minnie me. He has never had any intentions of playing for the Clippers. Most games to I sit next to the bench, and I'm shocked to even see him show up and sit on the bench.

Tyson Ross
03-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Hey Shockwave, I didn't have to think about it!!
What about Moses Malone, Parrish. Guards lose their quickness and become less effective w/ age where a big body can walk up the court along w/ his counterpart on the other team. My .02.

totenhosen
03-16-2005, 02:38 PM
It is obvious from some of the statements in here than some of you have no clue about the salary cap and for that matter basketball in general.
Shaq with the Lakers was an unmotivated fat slob. Had he stayed with the Lakers he probably would have sat out for half the season with some weak ass injury and gained more weight. The only thing that motivated him for this year was revenge. That will be short-lived.
As a general rule you take a big man over a similar producing guard because you can't teach height. However the deciding factor was motivation and age.
As a laker fan I'll put up with a couple of down years with Kobe than to be a mediocre team for the long term. On a side note I'm glad the Laker bandwagon has gotten lighter.

mbrown2
03-16-2005, 02:46 PM
On a side note I'm glad the Laker bandwagon has gotten lighter.
It will be really light since it only has enough gas to drive until mid April...
Also, if Shaq's playing on revenge, what is Kobe playing off of? Post Rape Traumatic Syndrome....schooled by AI last night ;) ? :mix:
Luv's my Lakers... ;)

Dr. Eagle
03-16-2005, 02:54 PM
The Kings are in rebuilding mode, and have won 40 so far. The Lakers have fallen hard...
Maybe some moves over the summer will help. But they never should have let Jerry West get away... :argue:

totenhosen
03-16-2005, 02:55 PM
It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the smaller you are in the NBA, the longer you play. Maybe Robert Parrish was fueled by the fact that he didn't play at all almost his first 6 years in the league. He had fresh legs.
I wouldn't call the last 5 years of his career really playing anyways!

totenhosen
03-16-2005, 02:57 PM
The Kings are in rebuilding mode, and have won 40 so far. The Lakers have fallen hard...
Maybe some moves over the summer will help. But they never should have let Jerry West get away... :argue:
BTW they still suck harder than the Lakers despite having a better record, because up until 2 weeks ago they really had made any major changes. Their core nucleus was still there.

Not So Fast
03-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Damn, I put in a thread about Cr6 in Topock Gorge and get a luke warm bunch of replies, put one about how bad the Lakers are going and the friggin roof comes off!! For all you haters and lovers I have one suggestion, read Phil's book on "The Last Season" which I think tells it like it really is, behind the doors it gets ugly with cheap shots and I think I really believe what Phil wrote. The guys that got the credit (Shaq & Kobe) and the guys that didnt like Foxy, Horry, Shaw, Tyrone Lou (shutdown A.I. big time) and Mad Dog's spirit and dancing ability :) The book says it all and I believe Phil!! NSF PS To the guy that thinks the Flakers will still make the playoffs, get real!!!

Dr. Eagle
03-16-2005, 03:14 PM
BTW they still suck harder than the Lakers despite having a better record, because up until 2 weeks ago they really had made any major changes. Their core nucleus was still there.
That isn't true, with Vlade and a large number of the role players gone. That's why they needed to make some changes, Webber just didn't fit the style of play with a gimpy leg.
And no they don't suck harder than the Lakers, with a record that is about 25% better, the 6th man of the year two years ago out for the season an numerous other injuries they are actually doing better than I expected.
I said last year that both teams would struggle to make the playoffs. Looks like the Kings will be in the 5 slot, but I think it will be a one round bounce. Looks like the Lakers are barely out of the 8th spot so they could be in the playoffs or not...

totenhosen
03-16-2005, 03:45 PM
That isn't true, with Vlade and a large number of the role players gone. That's why they needed to make some changes, Webber just didn't fit the style of play with a gimpy leg.
Vlade and role players don't comprise a nucleus. (Vlade??? that guys play stinks worse than his body odor)Role players are ones that come and go and are replaceable.
And no they don't suck harder than the Lakers, with a record that is about 25% better, the 6th man of the year two years ago out for the season an numerous other injuries they are actually doing better than I expected.
Like I said considering their nucleus was there until about 2 weeks ago they stink.