PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Proposals.........

Her454
03-16-2005, 11:43 AM
How did you do it................? Or how were you proposed to? You asked for this Ratso............now you have to go first :) ;)

Racer277
03-16-2005, 11:46 AM
How did you do it................? Or how were you proposed to? You asked for this Ratso............now you have to go first :) ;)
Wow, that was fast. :D :D

Racer277
03-16-2005, 11:49 AM
We'll have the "honeymoon" suite open when you need it.... :D :D :D

Her454
03-16-2005, 11:59 AM
HA HA Funny guy. I will never get married again.......................;)

Waldo
03-16-2005, 11:59 AM
Shotgun Proposal

ratso
03-16-2005, 12:00 PM
How about I get all 5 together and post em tonight. This is gonna take awhile... :eek:

OGShocker
03-16-2005, 12:04 PM
I woke Denise up at 4:00 AM and told her all my friends met at Mt Wilson for sunrise on Easter Sunday. When we got to the top of the mountain and parked (no one else around) the sun broke from behind the mountain and I dropped to one knee, asked if she would do me the honor of becoming my wife. That was 12 years ago and I have never been happier. I love my wife.
OG<--trying to get lucky-->Shocker :D

Mrs.Racer277
03-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Wow, that was fast. :D :D
OMG! Did you just say that out loud???? :D :rolleyes:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-16-2005, 12:07 PM
I took my wife up the tram in Palm Springs. It was snowing. We walked around a trail for a while and found a log for her to sit on. I took a knee and popped the question. 7.5 years, 2 kids, buying a new house for the 3rd time, and it's a great marriage. and i am a total pain in the ass! :D

Jbb
03-16-2005, 12:09 PM
Return comments box on the restraining order...

HCS
03-16-2005, 12:09 PM
After being with the same chick for 15 years we negotiated a marriage.
Then picked a weekend, bought a wedding ring, and got drunk.
Pretty damn romanic I thought. :)

Tom Brown
03-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Return comments box on the restraining order...
LMAO! That's some nice work right there. :D :D :D :D

UnionJack
03-16-2005, 12:11 PM
In D.C. In front of the reflecting pond, in between the Lincoln and Washington monument, overlooking the Jefferson monument.

Infomaniac
03-16-2005, 12:11 PM
In a thread about proposals.
Marry me Traci Pleeeeezzzzz.....
If not then ask your sister for me.

jstwkd
03-16-2005, 12:18 PM
I came home from work and she sat me in the backyard with a head set/and a blind fold on...It was at night..I was sitting there rockin out..think SWEET! I'm geetin a Bj in the backyard...big grin on my face...While she ran around lighting like 50 candles..When she removed the blindfold /and hed set..she was on her knee with two roses in hand..She handed me a yellow rose and said this is because you are my best freind,Then reached into the center of the red rose and pulled out a ring (started crying).and said this is because I love you...WILL YOU MARRY ME!...........

Her454
03-16-2005, 12:19 PM
OMG! Did you just say that out loud???? :D :rolleyes:
Yes, he just bumped himself right up to the top of the shit list. :)
In a thread about proposals.
Marry me Traci Pleeeeezzzzz.....
If not then ask your sister for me.
ROTFLMAO............... :):):) You should have asked me in High School up on the hill Ron........:)

djunkie
03-16-2005, 12:27 PM
Marriage? What's that? I don't think I have a word like that in my vocabulary. :D

Keithb87
03-16-2005, 12:32 PM
ROTFLMAO............... :):):) You should have asked me in High School up on the hill Ron........:)
I want to hear more of this story.....
Oh yeah.. My first wife I took out 4 wheeling.. and would not slow down on the trails until she said yes.. :rollside:
I won't be doing it that way this time.. :yuk:

AvengerBabe
03-16-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm still waiting darn it!! :yuk:

Her454
03-16-2005, 12:43 PM
. :yuk:
LOL I'll let Info explain.............................. :D

UnionJack
03-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Some great stories

Infomaniac
03-16-2005, 01:05 PM
We went to high school together.
Apparently I was blind and stupid back then. :hammer2: :hammer2:
Well probably just stoned - same thing.

GrapeApe
03-16-2005, 01:12 PM
I'm still waiting darn it!! :yuk:
AB, You are to young.. Don't worry about it... :D Start to worry when you are at least 26... geeeezzz.. :rolleyes:
*** Grape Ape ***

Waldo
03-16-2005, 01:17 PM
First, I took my wife to Captiain Jack's in Sunset Beach. Had dinner & drinks all pre-ordered. Had the best booth in the house (on the water side). The manager himself made sure the evening went off without a hitch (Tim, Jack Haley's, the old surfer, son...also the brother of Jack Haley Jr. who used to play for the Lakers).
Second, I hired a company to cruise us around the harbor in one of those electric gondola boats. I had chocolate covered strawberries and champange waiting in the boat. I paid the owner of the company a little extra $ to play "King Neptune" during my proposal. After about 10 minutes of cruising the harbor, the captain of the boat stopped near a bridge, shined a flashlight in the water and said "what is that?". My wife was freaking out. All of a sudden, King Neptune pops out of the water and jumps halfway into the boat. He has is triton with a fish net stuck to it. Inside the net was a clam shell with a gold clasp. King Neptune presented it to my wife and wished us well. My wife opened up the shell and there was her engagement ring! I got down on my knee and asked her to marry me.......instead of saying "yes", she asked me "WHAT DID MY DAD SAY?".... :confused: :confused: :confused: I had asked her parents a couple nights before and assumed she figured that part out. Instead of telling her that her dad grilled me for an hour about how I was going to support his daughter and a family, I told her he was cool with it.
Lastly, when we got back to the restaurant, everyone aplauded and we had a drink at the bar. It was then time to go to the bed and breakfast across the street. And the only hitch in the evening was that I forgot the room key at my house. I had to call my mom to get it and she drove to Sunset Beach to give to us.
All in all, it was a successful evening.

caroftheweek
03-16-2005, 01:20 PM
We were out at Havasu Palms for a week and a half in August and one evening we were sitting on the deck over looking the water at sunset and I dropped to one knee asked. No frills but we both vacationed there as little kids and that is where we met so it suited us. After she said yes she cooked me a steak and then.... ;)
Ryan

Havasu Luvr
03-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Last years Shockwave Regatta, Uncle Larry (Jokers Wild Promotions) called Sandra's number to win the Regatta banner, as she walked up to the stage I snuck up to the stage and waited. Uncle Larry asked her if she thought if she had won the regatta banner then Uncle Larry told her that she won a different banner (Jokers Wild had a special banner made for me) and pointed back to our table were I had a few friends holding the banner which said "Sandra, Will You Marry Me" needless to say her answer was *&*&$%^ wait a minute :idea: she never gave me a answer :burningm: Hot Hallet (from the boards) inserted a few pics in Truck'n Mag last year and a birdie told me recently that it will be in next months issue of Hot Boat (Shockwave Regatta) issue.

Forkin' Crazy
03-16-2005, 01:54 PM
I was forced (talked into it) by the family.... They didn't like us living in sin......shouldn't have listened!!! :hammerhea
I will never get married again.......................;)
That pretty much sums it up for me, but with out the :wink: ! :wink:
LOL!! :jawdrop:

Her454
03-16-2005, 01:57 PM
That pretty much sums it up for me, but with out the :wink: ! :wink:
LOL!! :jawdrop:
Uhhhh the wink wink was a mistake.................. that was serious. :)

Keithb87
03-16-2005, 02:01 PM
AHHHH YES.. I've had a few of those experiences myself..
Hind-sight is allways 20/20 huh? :coffeycup

Her454
03-16-2005, 02:06 PM
It was kinda foggy back in those days on the hill LOL ;) I still think its freaky that we are both on here AND were both Mods and didnt even know who the other one was in real life until the High School thread ......small world. :)

bilgewiper
03-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Officially asked her to marry me under the entrance sign for Sears Point International Raceway. Only because we shared our 1st kiss at that track years earlier while she was riding shotgun in some beater that I was bracket racing. Not very romantic.......but 24+ awesome years with no regrets and two great kids made it the deal of a lifetime!

Badger301
03-16-2005, 02:31 PM
She told me where the ring was on lay-away. Thats pretty much it. Been together for 10 years.

lurid
03-16-2005, 03:34 PM
down in Cabo for a week. I had been thinking about it and one night eating dinner on the beach with some friends I got on one knee in the sand and popped the ?. I did not have a ring but she said yes anyway. been married 5 years together 10. 7 & 4 yr old sons. you can do the math. kinda assbackwards

lucky
03-16-2005, 04:01 PM
i said - dam women you bitch so much we ought to be married - she took me serious -lol

INSman
03-16-2005, 04:12 PM
I woke Denise up at 4:00 AM and told her all my friends met at Mt Wilson for sunrise on Easter Sunday. When we got to the top of the mountain and parked (no one else around) the sun broke from behind the mountain and I dropped to one knee, asked if she would do me the honor of becoming my wife. That was 12 years ago and I have never been happier. I love my wife.
OG<--trying to get lucky-->Shocker :D
I heard a viscious rumor that she won't let you drive over 45mph while she is in the boat though !! :eek: :hammerhea :2purples: :eek:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
03-16-2005, 04:20 PM
I wish some one had to have kicked me :burningm: what was I thinking but come September it will be all over, FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST THANK GOD I'M FREE AT LAST :D

Sane Asylum
03-16-2005, 04:44 PM
How about I get all 5 together and post em tonight. This is gonna take awhile... :eek:
5.................. :2purples: :2purples:

Flyinbowtie
03-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Mine goes back aways, and I guess no real formal request was ever put in.
September 1976. First day of senior year of high school at David Starr Jordan in North Long Beach. Walked into my first period class. Surveyed the girls, found a seat right next to the good lookin' blond. (Momma didn't raise no fool)
I didn't ask her out for about three months. Was too busy working, and hitting Whittier Blvd. on Friday nights. Whittier was rockin' in those days.
Finally sucked it up and asked her out during spring break. Instantly became inseperable. This was one of those deals that was just so damn obvious to both of us that we knew we were going to be together. Talked about getting married as soon as we graduated, but put it off until May 24, 1980. We set that date in 78. Seemed like a million years down the road. Now it seems like just yesterday....
Figured that would give us time to get through college. I left socal for norcal that next summer, and we figured it would either drive us closer together or we would split up.
T'was the former. Bought the ring in the summer of 78, and did the deed 5-24-80.
Which means we will be celebrating 25 years of marrige in a couple of months.
I still cannot imagine life without her.

Mrs.Racer277
03-16-2005, 05:30 PM
[QUOTE=Her454]Yes, he just bumped himself right up to the top of the shit list. :)
I will hold the door open to the mine shaft you can throw his a$$ in. :D
And notice he did not answer your question?!?!?!?!? :rolleyes: :p

Unforgiven
03-16-2005, 06:33 PM
Uhhhh the wink wink was a mistake.................. that was serious. :)
I'll get married again if you would ask me but....I have a bad habit...I like to race TOO MUCH.... :argue:

JackieV
03-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Art and I were engaged once before this...when I was 20 and he was like 18 but it was over after two months when he was caught red handed with another girl...whom I had already beat up twice... ;) LOL
Art and I have had are ups and downs and know there are plenty more to come...
This time around he bought the ring a week before Christmas, never said a word either until New Years day 2005. We had partied the night before at his friends house (Where I made jokes about how we had been together for 8 years and one baby later, still NO RING...).
Low and behold, that morning I rolled around with a hang over and Art started telling me how wild I was the night before...
I replied with "Yeah, right. I was dancing on the tables, like the way you proposed to me last night". Art said " I did!!!?". I said, "No, I am being sarcastic babe". Art replied, "Well since I didn't do it last night...WILL YOU MARRY ME TODAY?". As he sat there in bed holding the ring. I was shocked!
It wasn't the most romantic, but I will always remember that morning.
Oh and I said, YES.

MUDXPRT
03-16-2005, 07:11 PM
I used to race formula 1 outboards we were racing at mission bay, San Diego,and I hired a plane to fly over with a banner as it would work out it was to cloudy that day and they couldn't fly by. So I had the annoucer annouce it over the PA system but he did it while I was out running a heat. When I got back in she told me yes, well that was 17 yrs. ago and three kids later. (Happy wife Happy Life!!!)

Kilrtoy
03-16-2005, 07:26 PM
I wish some one had to have kicked me :burningm: what was I thinking but come September it will be all over, FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST THANK GOD I'M FREE AT LAST :D
You have been free for over 200 years what are you talking about.... :sleeping: :eat: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
Someone wake up van winkle

Kilrtoy
03-16-2005, 07:28 PM
I simply said i'll be your sugar daddy you little hot 21 year vixen... She said Ok, So i bought her a vehicle and we got married.....
No serious, I didn't say that....

Kindsvater Flat
03-16-2005, 08:10 PM
It was right after some pre-marital sex.

KineticoH20
03-16-2005, 10:02 PM
Told her we were going out to dinner,picked her up in a white strech limo, went to the Queen Mary to eat at Sir Winstons,the whole time she's telling me "so let me have it' I avoid her demands lol after cocktails, wine, dinner, and desert i profess my love and hand over the 2 1/2 carats.

RVRGIRL
03-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Mike popped the question on September 2, 2004. We were vacationing at our river house in Parker, AZ. I had been waiting for him 2 ask me for at least 6 months. He had the ring, but wanted 2 wait for the Perfect time. Well he decided that Labor Day weekend would be a good time. So he took me out to Parker a day early before all of our friends would be arriving. Mike was very low key, that evening. I really didn't have much of an idea. Seemed like any other evening. So later in the evening I went in 2 take a shower and get ready for bed. Well a while later I came out into the living with my PJ's and a towel around my head. Well as I was just going 2 go outside Mike said he needed 2 tell me something important. He had a letter and a box in his hands. Well as he started reading the letter, I decided that I should be sitting down, not standing up "frozen". It was the sweetest letter and most romantic letter that he has ever given to me. I loved how everything turned out. I really feel that it isn't how you pop the question, but where. This river has very special meaning because his grandfather and sons and several other family members built this house from the ground up. Mike wanted his proposal 2 me 2 be in his grandparents family home since this is a very special place. This house means something to both of us now. Well long story short. Mike got into position, he just kneel and read and ask. Then I cried and said I DO!!! :p

Scape Goat
03-17-2005, 01:49 AM
DROVE TO SOLVANG WALKED AROUND A BIT BOUGHT SOME PASTRIES SAT AT THE BENCH IN THE PARK, ASK HER IF SHE WANTED ONE ( FIGERED SHE WOULD SAY YES BECAUSE SHE HAS A SWEET TOOTH) SHE LIKE," NO THANKS,"
i SAID TAKE ONE DAMMIT OPENED THE BOX TO SHOW HER, i GUESS THE REST OF THE TOWN NEW WHAT WAS UP, SOME ONE MUST OF SEEN ME PUT IT IN THERE ,LITERALY GOT A STANDIND OVATION FROM IT.
BEEN HAPPY EVER SINCE.

Unforgiven
03-17-2005, 02:29 AM
HA HA Funny guy. I will never get married again.......................;)
yea you will. :wink: ..Blowershop has a NEW "BILLET" CASED 14-71...alot nicer than the 10-71 I brought to you!!...time for an upgrade in Blowers don't you think?? it's like going from a 1 carat diamond ring to a 2 carat diamond ring...nothing like the bling on your boat to make you smile all day!!

Infomaniac
03-17-2005, 05:19 AM
yea you will. :wink: ..Blowershop has a NEW "BILLET" CASED 14-71...alot nicer than the 10-71 I brought to you!!...time for an upgrade in Blowers don't you think?? it's like going from a 1 carat diamond ring to a 2 carat diamond ring...nothing like the bling on your boat to make you smile all day!!
Hey I asked first :yuk: I have dibs on her sister too if she says no again.

Mrs.Racer277
03-17-2005, 07:42 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Magic34
03-17-2005, 08:29 AM
I threw a party for family and friends on New Years Eve of 2001. I had the party at my parnets house because they live on an acre and the way the lot sits, it was the only place I could get a permit for what I did.
I hired a pyrotech/fireworks guru and they made a sign with my wife's name and "will you marry me?" All day, the sign and display was covered by a huge black tarp that I made from the Home Depot. At about 11:50, we made her go inside the house for something, and I got everything ready with the pyrotech. THe tech was sitting in the toyhauler on the side of the house with wires running to his controls all night. At 11:58 she came out and I took her into the front of everyone where we counted down midnight and the fireworks show started happening right at midnight and the sign soon lit thereafter. It was cool as hell!!! Married just over 3 years now.

Her454
03-17-2005, 08:39 AM
Blower or no blower............... Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr again. :supp: :D

lucky
03-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Blower or no blower............... Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr again. :supp: :D
what are you talking -- blower ? never ? i thought you got one when you asked someone to marry you ? one and only one ! :D

Her454
03-17-2005, 09:27 AM
what are you talking -- blower ? never ? i thought you got one when you asked someone to marry you ? one and only one ! :D
I'd be happy to take blowers....Im just not getting married..... ;)