PDA

View Full Version : Trailer tire question

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Is the Maxus Radial at $69 installed, balanced, etc a good deal? are there better deals out there?

Outnumbered
04-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Is the Maxus Radial at $69 installed, balanced, etc a good deal? are there better deals out there?
Just got a set of Towmaster V's for $60 each at Discount tire. They are special order but come highly recommended. I run Maxxis on my KTM and they seem tough but I don't know if that tells us anything about their trailer tires.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Just got a set of Towmaster V's for $60 each at Discount tire. They are special order but come highly recommended. I run Maxxis on my KTM and they seem tough but I don't know if that tells us anything about their trailer tires.
was that $60 installed, etc?

Nord
04-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Discount tire............

HOOTER SLED-
04-24-2006, 09:32 AM
That sounds about right. We were just talking about this. I know Phat Daddy runs Maxxus tires and really likes them.

WYRD
04-24-2006, 10:05 AM
That sounds about right. We were just talking about this. I know Phat Daddy runs Maxxus tires and really likes them.
I heard Carlile (sp) is a better tire............I know I am switching all of mine after the damage to my trailer............. :idea: :crossx:

Outnumbered
04-24-2006, 10:33 AM
was that $60 installed, etc?
No, I think it was about the same as your deal installed with road hazard etc. I heard from two people in the tire biz (one on this board and another local guy out here in AZ) that the Towmaster is about the best available in my size range 215/75-14.

HOOTER SLED-
04-24-2006, 10:37 AM
I heard Carlile (sp) is a better tire............I know I am switching all of mine after the damage to my trailer............. :idea: :crossx:
Yea that shit sucked. I think I told you I always hear someone complaining about the Carlisles.