PDA

View Full Version : California Invasion begins tomorrow!!!

Forkin' Crazy
03-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Lake Trash, TRex, and yours truly will be leaving for San Francisco tomorrow morning at 6:00am. :220v:
We will then meet Howard Arneson for a ride in his turbine powered Skater. :cool:
After that it's off to Vegas and Lake Havasu! Look out, the coonasses are coming!!!! :jawdrop:
I am bringing cameras, so there will be video and plenty of pics!!! :)

Restless22
03-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Where are you guys running the Skater?
I might have to come out and see this!

lucky
03-16-2005, 02:30 PM
hittin the bay with arneson :cool: rember forkin - Polk street is just that ! if you need anything , or ya need someone to bail ya out - call me - Chris

Forkin' Crazy
03-16-2005, 03:31 PM
Yea, in the bay. :)
Thanks for the warning, Chris. Is the Polk or Polkhe? LOL!! :jawdrop:
I am stoked!!! The Skater is suppose to run in excess of 180mph at 60% throttle!!! :jawdrop:

Tom Brown
03-16-2005, 03:37 PM
I hope you guys have a great time. :cool:
How are you and LT going to deal with Rex complaining like a crabby old woman the whole time?

lucky
03-16-2005, 03:57 PM
i can hear it now in a louisaina tone -- x cus me sir may i move your stool lmao
tom when you taking another trip to the south land ?

Tom Brown
03-16-2005, 04:05 PM
tom when you taking another trip to the south land ?
I don't know. I'd sure like to get down there, though.

Forkin' Crazy
03-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Here I am..... LOL! :)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/767HA7.jpg

Forkin' Crazy
03-22-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm really havin' fun about right here!!!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/767rooster.jpg
:smile:
Oh, yea, for you goobers, how long is the rooster tail? The boat is 46 feet..... :messedup:

gnarley
03-22-2005, 10:13 PM
I gota ask, how in the hell did you guys get him to give you a ride? You're very lucky!

Forkin' Crazy
03-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Yea, you're right. I am very lucky. I know my friends and they know me! :rollside: http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/767HA4.jpg

BiggusJimbus
03-22-2005, 10:31 PM
Howard's a nice guy, I've only met him briefly a couple times, but with the right friends of friends, you can get a ride.
I've never ridden in his boat, but I've had rides in the boats of some of his friends in the past in their (of course smaller and slower) turbine boats.
That's some fun shit right there. I had never had to wear ear protection in a boat before that.
You can see him all over. He can cover LOTS of the SF Bay in that boat in an hour or two.
Take lots of picture.

Forkin' Crazy
03-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Inside.... @ 150++ This is sooo cool!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/767HA5.jpg

gnarley
03-22-2005, 10:33 PM
What's the deal? Howard told me about a year and a half ago he couldn't take any passengers for rides anymore or his insurance would cancel him.
So you know Howard or is this just some BS?

Forkin' Crazy
03-22-2005, 10:38 PM
What's the deal? Howard told me about a year and a half ago he couldn't take any passengers for rides anymore or his insurance would cancel him.
So you know Howard or is this just some BS?
Hell.... I dunno. I guess it is all BS... as you call it..

Forkin' Crazy
03-22-2005, 10:44 PM
BTW, I have video.... over 20 minutes, so I will post it here when I edit it. :)

gnarley
03-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Well when a fellow board member asks an honest question and doesn't get an honest answer back and the answer isn't very forthright I'd question the integrity of that person.
If you know him or have a hookup GREAT, I'm happy you had that chance. IF you are getting a ride or did I was just really curious how it was put together since not to many folks go out with him anymore.

Forkin' Crazy
03-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Well when a fellow board member asks an honest question and doesn't get an honest answer back and the answer isn't very forthright I'd question the integrity of that person.
Wow, we are quick to judge, aren't we... You don't know me well enough to make an opinion about my integrity based on what is posted here. What makes you think I will reveal all my secrets?
If you know him or have a hookup GREAT, I'm happy you had that chance. IF you are getting a ride or did I was just really curious how it was put together since not to many folks go out with him anymore.
Since there is some doubt of my ride, I am the one on the right fixing to enter the cockpit. A big thanks goes to Lake Trash and Howard Arneson. This is definitely a trip of a life time. Just for a little warning, I will be back!!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/767goofy.jpg

Forkin' Crazy
03-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Here is a short video (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=Arneson).
:cool:

Tom Brown
03-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Just for a little warning, I will be back!!!
Hey, does T-Rex really snore as bad as LT says?

superdave013
03-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Just about every really cool turbin deal I've seen has some how some way had that Lake Trash guy involved with it some how. I would think LT was the key player getting the rides hooked up.
That vid clip is bad ass! I would love to meet Howard. Been a fan of his for a long time.

Tom Brown
03-23-2005, 03:30 PM
I would think LT was the key player getting the rides hooked up.
Perhaps LT has some pull from back in the day when he had a twin turbine/Arneson drive Warlock himself?
OK, now that you've figured that out... what's the deal with T-Rex and his snoring?

superdave013
03-23-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm not touching that one Tom. I lurk on their site sometimes. Pretty funny mofo's.

lucky
03-23-2005, 03:48 PM
All I Can Say Forkin , Your A Focker - Lol Fockin Forker Lucky Sob -- The Blue Angel Of Boating - How Fast Was The Run ?

Forkin' Crazy
03-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Perhaps LT has some pull from back in the day when he had a twin turbine/Arneson drive Warlock himself?
OK, now that you've figured that out... what's the deal with T-Rex and his snoring?
Tom's pretty much has it. LT was the hook up guy. :)
Damn, Tom.... Are you planning on sleep with T-Rex or what? ;) LOL!! :D We roomed together on the trip, and I didn't notice him snoring that much, but I was tired as hell and slept pretty hard.
Lucky, every pass was at or over 150mph. Top speed GPS was 164, but it was moving in 4mph increments, and didn't seem to update as fast as the acceleration. It also had an air speed indicator with the pitot tube on the front of the right sponson. It was registering in the 170 range. This thing pulled like nothing I have ever been in. From 100 mph to 150+ in 4 seconds or less!!!
BTW Howard is a super cool guy! Definitely one of the coolest people I have ever met!! :)

gnarley
03-23-2005, 10:30 PM
Wow, we are quick to judge, aren't we... You don't know me well enough to make an opinion about my integrity based on what is posted here. What makes you think I will reveal all my secrets?
Secrets? please, it isn't national security.
It's easy to judge when others play games. I have been in Howards shop several times and taked with him in his shop and on the docks, he's a class act and honest. If someone asked me a question I would answer it. I don't care to play games and try to maintain the highest integrity with anyone I come in contact or meet, be it on the web or in person.
Just about every really cool turbin deal I've seen has some how some way had that Lake Trash guy involved with it some how. I would think LT was the key player getting the rides hooked up.
That vid clip is bad ass! I would love to meet Howard. Been a fan of his for a long time.
Thanks SD, if FC would have just come out and said his friend LT put it together and a little background on it I would have been even more impressed.
If you ever get up to San Rafael his shop is right off the 101 and he loves talking to people.

Forkin' Crazy
03-24-2005, 05:38 AM
Geezus dude.... lighten up a bit. You can't read between the lines? Why would I be thanking LT?
Was how I got the hook up any of your business anyway? I don't know why I am beating my head against the wall. I didn't have to post this as at all, you know... :hammer2:
Too much :coffeycup ????
:boxed:
BTW did you enjoy the video and the pics? No problem... your welcome!!!

Tom Brown
03-24-2005, 06:13 AM
BTW did you enjoy the video and the pics? No problem... your welcome!!!
For what it's worthFC, I enjoyed the pics. Thanks. :cool:
If I have a choice though, I prefer not to suck you off.

Forkin' Crazy
03-24-2005, 06:16 AM
For what it's worthFC, I enjoyed the pics. Thanks. :cool:
If I have a choice though, I prefer not to suck you off.
Why thanks Tom. I appreciate that.... except for that last comment! :messedup:
I only go one way as far as the sucking goes, so unless you are buying me a hooker or setting me up with a pretty girl, forget it!!! :p

Tom Brown
03-24-2005, 06:24 AM
I'm glad we're clear on that. You know what they say about you guys from the south east. But hey... I'm not here to judge you. :D
That's a lot of fiberglass right there. I doubt we even have a deep enough ramp for him to launch that thing anywhere around here. That is so far from anything I know as boating, I can't even imagine it. :cool:

Forkin' Crazy
03-24-2005, 06:37 AM
I'm glad we're clear on that. You know what they say about you guys from the south east. But hey... I'm not here to judge you. :D
That's a lot of fiberglass right there. I doubt we even have a deep enough ramp for him to launch that thing anywhere around here. That is so far from anything I know as boating, I can't even imagine it. :cool:
Hey, I don't do sheep either! :D
Yea, we had to time everything with the tide. i think I remember he saying it weighed around teh 8,000# mark with 2500# of fuel on board. :eek: Weather was kinda crappy, but we had to go that day b/c of the rain coming in. It rained the next day, so we went sight seeing for a bit and hung out at his shop for the rest of the day... Did I mention how cool Howard is? :cool:

Tom Brown
03-24-2005, 06:40 AM
I'd love to see some pictures of his shop. Perhaps he was rigging a boat or two? Those Arneson drives are neat.

Her454
03-24-2005, 07:57 AM
WOW Gnarley, get up on the wrong side of the bed today? Geeeeez, give the guy a break. I'd say he answered your "smart ass" question appropriately. :D Jealous? I know I am.
Congrats on your ride FC and thanks for posting the vid, that looked like it was a blast! :D :D

gnarley
03-24-2005, 08:11 AM
WOW Gnarley, get up on the wrong side of the bed today? Geeeeez, give the guy a break. I'd say he answered your "smart ass" question appropriately. :D Jealous? I know I am.
Congrats on your ride FC and thanks for posting the vid, that looked like it was a blast! :D :D
I just asked a simple question and the dude plays games. I didn't think it was smart ass :squiggle: I'd be happy to say I had a hookup and praise 'em to the whole board. I am truly impressed and envious since it is really hard to catch a ride with Howard anymore. But I will share a little secret of mine with you, Howard really likes the ladies and if you meet him you would have a really good chance to talk him into a tour and maybe a ride being a boater and admirer, much better than a guy.

Her454
03-24-2005, 08:20 AM
I just asked a simple question and the dude plays games. I didn't think it was smart ass :squiggle: I'd be happy to say I had a hookup and praise 'em to the whole board. I am truly impressed and envious since it is really hard to catch a ride with Howard anymore. But I will share a little secret of mine with you, Howard really likes the ladies and if you meet him you would have a really good chance to talk him into a tour and maybe a ride being a boater and admirer, much better than a guy.
I didnt see it as playing games but who the hell cares, he got a ride and we didnt. ;) BUT now that I know I may have a chance I may have to go work my charm....or beg if I have too LOL :D :D I just have a hard time sitting passenger..... think he'd let me drive? :2purples: :wink:

uclahater
03-24-2005, 08:30 AM
Lake Trash, TRex, and yours truly will be leaving for San Francisco tomorrow morning at 6:00am. :220v:
We will then meet Howard Arneson for a ride in his turbine powered Skater. :cool:
After that it's off to Vegas and Lake Havasu! Look out, the coonasses are coming!!!! :jawdrop:
I am bringing cameras, so there will be video and plenty of pics!!! :)
You meetin up with KIMMY, and You Te in SF so you guys can finally get married :coffeycup :D

Robbie Racer
03-24-2005, 08:35 AM
Cool video. Thank you for sharing that once in a life time experience. :cool: