PDA

View Full Version : Near death situation this past weekend!!!

BADASS38CHEVY
03-16-2005, 07:13 PM
This weekend me and my wife went to go work on the parker mobile and some friends of ours went to go pick up there boat in havasu from the stereo being work on. We were kinda tired of workin on the pad. So our friends wanted to take out there boat so we went with them for a ride after 10 min into the ride going about 40 to 45 all of a sudden the boat hooked to the left throwing the passengers up against the right side of the cockpit area almost hitting a sea doo my friend not having alot of boat experience panic and did not know what to do. Boat was heading toward shore and a dock at the last minute he turned the ignition swithch off which we kept telling him to pull on kill switch but it was like he could not hear us. After turning ignition swithch off and realize we almost had a near death experience he realize there was no steering either way the steering wheel felt weird. I swam to the dock pulling the boat with a rope about 20 yards after securing it to the dock The place where we dock there was a bunch of guys there partying the walk to the dock to ask if we need help we told them what had happen and about the steering. They said if we were going at a higher speed we probably would of rolled the boat. One of the guys there called his friend which has a boat repair place there our friend wanted to call the boat manufater because it was still under warranty only has 21 hours on the boat. He called the boat place and they didnt want to come out we were standed at these peoples house thank god the boat repair place new exactly what was wrong!! The boat mechanic opened the engine hatch went straight to the steering cable housing close to the drive unit and found that the steering coupler nut had came off and that why we had no steering. The mechanic said that the only way this could of happened was if they didnt tighten the nut when the boat was being rigged that a major screw up i think for a boat that has 21 hours and the boat co didnt even ask if the people on the boat were okay they just said tow it back and we will fix it. Pretty sad customer service

Kilrtoy
03-16-2005, 07:21 PM
You posted all this,
WHAT COMPANY
Glad all were ok.....

Domn8er
03-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Damn, that sucks. At least everyone is ok. Crappy customer service.

TheLurker
03-16-2005, 07:24 PM
You posted all this,
WHAT COMPANY
Glad all were ok.....
Exactly what I was thinking

looky_lou
03-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Glad to hear everyone was OK. Pretty scary I would say.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
03-16-2005, 07:27 PM
That's some crazy sh*t..... I'm glad to hear everyone is o.k. !!!! I'd take the boat back and give them alot of sh*t !!!!!!

Dr. Eagle
03-16-2005, 07:34 PM
STILL WAIT- ING :2purples:
Yeah, I thought Bayliners had many quality checks in their mass production schedule... :supp: :idea:

Bense468
03-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Was the water cold :2purples:

BADASS38CHEVY
03-16-2005, 07:50 PM
STILL WAIT- ING :2purples: Is it cool to bash a boat co on this site!!!

Captain Dan
03-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Is it cool to bash a boat co on this site!!!
OHH Yeah ! - Boat Manufacturer Bashing Time......

racecar.hotshoe
SURE IS! :coffeycup :D

Kilrtoy
Thats a good one, No it is not,
BUT WHAT THE HELL.... ONE TIME WON'T HURT :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dr. Eagle
Yes, this is what we like to call a "Brain Free Zone" :D

probablecause
03-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Does a bear shit in the woods? Service is Service and we all have to look out for each other.

Kilrtoy
03-16-2005, 08:24 PM
I compare this thread too
Yeah dude this hot chick wants to bang you
ok who is she....
Nah im not gonna tell you.......
WTF :220v:

Unforgiven
03-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Bash away...they need to know...... :o :hammerhea :argue:

Dr. Eagle
03-16-2005, 08:54 PM
I compare this thread too
Yeah dude this hot chick wants to bang you
ok who is she....
Nah im not gonna tell you.......
WTF :220v:
All right, just like you Kilr
I'm calling
BULLSHIT on this thread... :devil:

moneypit
03-16-2005, 09:00 PM
oK just give us a clue..

phebus
03-16-2005, 09:01 PM
I would'nt expect a boat company to come out to Parker to fix a boat, but I would expect them to warranty the problem, as they said they would do. Their lack of compassion by not asking if everyone was O.K. is disturbing, but I don't think publicly bashing the boat company until you take the boat back to them and discuss the problem is the right thing to do.
I, unlike others think your doing the stand up thing by not going public with the boat companies name until the situation is worked out.

Dr. Eagle
03-16-2005, 09:04 PM
I, unlike others think your doing the stand up thing by not going public with the boat companies name until the situation is worked out.
If the intent wasn't to go public, why the post in the first place... :confused:

MagicMtnDan
03-16-2005, 09:09 PM
The quality of that post is about as good as a boat manufacturer who doesn't check their work enabling something like this to happen.
Some folks need to learn how to communicate while others need to learn how to put boats together.

Kilrtoy
03-16-2005, 09:23 PM
I would'nt expect a boat company to come out to Parker to fix a boat, but I would expect them to warranty the problem, as they said they would do. Their lack of compassion by not asking if everyone was O.K. is disturbing, but I don't think publicly bashing the boat company until you take the boat back to them and discuss the problem is the right thing to do.
Phebus, I agree with the NOT bashing, BUT dont come on here with a story then.......
Oh by the way I hate your house :supp: and it may just send me over the edge and in to bankruptcy :D :D

phebus
03-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Sorry, I just don't like the lynchmob mentality I've seen displayed here in the past.
If the boat company was DCB, everyone would come to their defense, where if it was Commander for example, it would turn into a blood bath.
Let the problem work itself out before airing the problem in public. How many times have you seen a reversal of supposed blame when threads work themselves out.

bilgewiper
03-16-2005, 09:30 PM
30 years ago I was pulling my dad waterskiing and had the Steering cable snap on the old mercruiser 140. Boat instantly hooked a 180 and threw me to the back of the boat (maybe I shouldn't have been sitting on the back of the seat) My dad skied right on past the boat as I was trying to scamble back up to the helm to pull the throttle back. Its a very freaky/scary thing and I wouldn't wish on anybody. Glad you guys didn't get hurt to bad.

C-2
03-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Sorry, I just don't like the lynchmob mentality I've seen displayed here in the past.
If the boat company was DCB, everyone would come to their defense, where if it was Commander for example, it would turn into a blood bath.
Let the problem work itself out before airing the problem in public. How many times have you seen a reversal of supposed blame when threads work themselves out.
Great post.
I agree 100%
and for what it's worth - the zip ties would have saved the steering :eek: :eek:

Kilrtoy
03-16-2005, 09:48 PM
Using DCB is a Bad example..... because Dave and his crew will due everything to rectify a situation....ASAP
Lets use lets say SHOCKWAVE....
I had an issue with my shockwave last year...
my shockwave at the time was 5 years old....
It broke on the water, nothing like what happened here...
I called late on a friday afternoon /evening...
Barry answered the phone and I explained the issue.
he explained what had happened...
NOTHING TO DO WITH SHOCKWAVE....
my impeller went out, not their fault.....
It was a holiday weekend....
ALL THE SHOPS WERE BOOKED....
Barry said call this guy and tell him I sent you...
If that doesnt work.. Ill make a call and get it DONE.......
That is customer service....
MY BOAT IS 5 YEARS OLD....... and he still took care of me like I had just picked it up.....

BADASS38CHEVY
03-16-2005, 10:12 PM
If the intent wasn't to go public, why the post in the first place... :confused: Listen i put this thread out here because this was my experience this weekend. This is not my boat my friend has to deal with this sorry ass boat manufacturer. Believe me if it was my boat it would be a differant story.

BADASS38CHEVY
03-16-2005, 10:13 PM
Phebus, I agree with the NOT bashing, BUT dont come on here with a story then.......
Oh by the way I hate your house :supp: and it may just send me over the edge and in to bankruptcy :D :Dkilrtoy isnt it about telling your storys or im i missing something!!!

Indiansprings
03-16-2005, 10:26 PM
The moral of the story is "Dont buy from WHO???"
I dont think it is bashing if you are telling us about your experiance. Maybe your story would help one of us from having to go thru what you guys went thru. That would be helping your fellow boaters. If they had come out and helped you, then that would be different. Just my thoughts. ;)

ITS ALL GOOD
03-16-2005, 10:33 PM
While boat bashing is never a good idea, it would be informative to others who may own the same make of boat, because as I have seen in the automotive industry if something was overlooked once it was probably over looked several times and could have potential to have a worse outcome next time,so therefore in the interest of public saftey it would be nice to know the name of the manufactorer.
As far as them going to parker to resolve the problem, I would not expect it but if a company values their customers they will go out of their way for them.
When I first got my Advantage in 2001 we were out in bullhead at the river over Memorial day weekend, that Sunday afternoon one of my fuel fill caps came off while on the water, I called Advantage in Lake Havasu and got a hold of one of the salesman and told him what happened, I then offered to buy a new one if they would reimburse me. He told me that it was not my problem to have to find a new one and that he would bring one up to me and install it for me that night, and he did and he also filled both of my tanks for the inconvienence.. Now that is customer service from a company that cares about their customers.

Jrocket
03-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Not exactly "near death" but still a scarry moment none the less.

Kilrtoy
03-16-2005, 10:47 PM
kilrtoy isnt it about telling your storys or im i missing something!!!
Im a story telling MF'er
but I also don't hold back on names either.....
If i was in a boat and had the same story as you
I WOULD PLASTER THEIR NAME ALL OVER THE INTERNET...
THAT WAS MY LIFE THAT WAS ALMOST LOST....

BADASS38CHEVY
03-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Im sure every boat manufacture out there has done some type of screw up from well know manufactures to the shitty ones and they have all be talked about here on hot boats. so, they all have screwed up one way or the other so then nobody buys there boats anymore,then what?The purpose of this post is to let people aware of some the things that people should check or have checked somewhere to make boating safe for them and to let everyone know what happen to me.I just think the way the boat manufacture handled it was not good customer service and the fact that he didnt think that losing your steering was not a big issue,thats what pisses me off.So maybe bashing would not be a right thing to do as of yet because all of the boat builders are all guilty of something major as this and has bashing stopped people from buying there boats? i dont think so. i will wait to see what happens with my friend to see how his customer service issue goes and update on how they handle this.

Kilrtoy
03-16-2005, 11:24 PM
delete the thread then
It is serious and what occurred could have cost someone there life.....
From what you described I would never recommend a person to this company
If I was the owner of this company I would have someone out there ASAP.
A boat hooks at 40-45 MPH and the answer is Bring it in.........
If you or the people that own that boat are happy with that answer so be it....
IM NOT.....

C-2
03-16-2005, 11:35 PM
Geez, he told an interesting story.
Since when did he become obligated to defend it or expand upon it?

BADASS38CHEVY
03-16-2005, 11:38 PM
delete the thread then
It is serious and what occurred could have cost someone there life.....
From what you described I would never recommend a person to this company
If I was the owner of this company I would have someone out there ASAP.
A boat hooks at 40-45 MPH and the answer is Bring it in.........
If you or the people that own that boat are happy with that answer so be it....
IM NOT.....
Delete the thread because of your opinion ,ya right.

Kilrtoy
03-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Lets see here
you talk about a stereo, you talk abou a few other things....
Damn is this your Lavey DECKBOAT, you just picked up and were out in this weekend....
I mean your friends new boat.......
I talk shit, but I will stand behind the shit I talk.......

BADASS38CHEVY
03-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Lets see here
you talk about a stereo, you talk abou a few other things....
Damn is this your Lavey DECKBOAT, you just picked up and were out in this weekend....
I mean your friends new boat.......
I talk shit, but I will stand behind the shit I talk....... Your right you talk shit

Kilrtoy
03-16-2005, 11:48 PM
BUT I BACK IT UP
with proof
So is it your new lavey or what....

BADASS38CHEVY
03-16-2005, 11:50 PM
BUT I BACK IT UP
with proof
So is it your new lavey or what....My lavey will be done in a couple of months

Kilrtoy
03-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Ok enough pickering and cut to the chase
WHO MADE THIS BOAT

C-2
03-17-2005, 12:04 AM
You think about it - good things can come from this thread. Good things like Hydraulic Steering.
"See honey, look what can happen if I don't have my $4K steering system"
Yeah, that's the ticket :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
03-17-2005, 12:14 AM
Your right you talk shit
AND SO DO YOU
Qoute from BA38C
Looks like caliber boats will be for sale again in a year or two when nobody buys from that fool.he should of told you that there will be a charge for repair instead of making you thing it was warranted.that shows you how he does business.i wouldnt buy a boat from them.LOOOOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammerhea

Sandbar Mike
03-17-2005, 06:50 AM
Woke up on the wrong side hugh!
BADASS38CHEVY
I'm willing to bet its a commander.

BoatPI
03-17-2005, 08:38 AM
This a really an issue of quality control. It plays into the mfg responsibility to product libality, and their commitment to protecting their butt. I have mentioned in previous threads the need for mfg product libality insurance. Suggesting that ANYONE considering purchasing a new boat needs to seriously investigate this issue BEFORE paying one cent to towards the purchase of the boat. So some may think that if the boat fails, like in this instance, thet you will be covered by your insurance policy if the boat is damaged, or someone is injusred, THINK NOT!
I would expect most insurance carriers would deny the claim based on mfg defect, and point to boat builder X. "Go after them".
So now you go after boat builder X. And guess what, NO INSURANCE. They are building boats floating one deposit to another. Now someone is seriously injured, or dead, and your boat is history, and you have no one go go after.
Think about it.
In this case the mfg is posibily deglectful for one thing, not assigning and properly training a quality control employee to verify any mechanical issue to be checked for proper installation.
In my mind there is no excuse for this occurring. Someone should have checked the nut after installation. This could have cost someone their life.
It also gives continued support to using an ignition cut off lanyard.

ratso
03-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Hmmm... took over 20 hours to work loose. I don't buy it. First thing I would do is start keeping a closer eye on my enemies. :idea:

phebus
03-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Hmmm... took over 20 hours to work loose. I don't buy it. First thing I would do is start keeping a closer eye on my enemies. :idea:
Yea, like an Oliver Stone dealio. Look up at hae grassy knoll, you might see a guy with a wrench in his hand. :D

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Yea, like an Oliver Stone dealio. Look up at hae grassy knoll, you might see a guy with a wrench in his hand. :D
LMAO, wow did I give up on this thread too early... :rollside:

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Kinda why I called BS on the thread and stormed off... it really went downhill after that!
Well said Rio! :cool:

BoatPI
03-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Excellent point. I guess the best owner with an eye for safety would go over their boat like a piolt checking the aircraft they are about to fly each time before flight. And as we know this would be one item to check. I do not know the torque specs, but i would consider this very unusual to loosten up in 20 hours unless it was properly secured initally or as suggested someone tampered with it.

Scream
03-17-2005, 11:16 AM
Not exactly "near death" but still a scarry moment none the less.
Seems to me that there have been instances were passengers of boats have been killed in similar circumstances. Doing a search of this forum will show a couple in the last 12 months or so...
Even if it's not life threatening, i'll make you change your shorts that's for sure.
Phebus, I think you're correct when you say let the situation calm down before blame is placed. Blame is not a bad thing when directed at the right person or entity, but tossed around aimlessly is dangerous and irresponsible IMO.
The good news is that all were ok and nobody got hurt. Lessons learned here.
Scream <--finding the bright spot through the clouds...

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Scream <--finding the bright spot through the clouds...
Remember Scream,
Every Silver Lining has a dark cloud :220v:

BADASS38CHEVY
03-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Ya know badassed38, this didn't have to turn into a boat company bashing thread. It's the way you told the tale that sent this thread downhill. As stated it just sounds to me (and probably Kilr too by the way he responded) that you just wanted a little sympathy or attention.
It could have turned into a very insightful and informative thread if you had just come out with "anyone with a newer boat should check things such as yada, yada, yada, just to be on the safe side, etc cuz this is what happened to us this weekend". "Our freinds-whatever type of boat-did whatever cuz a nut, bolt, or ? came loose and scared hell out of us. While boat companies don't intentionally leave steering components loose-IT COULD HAPPEN with any make of boat.
Kilr has the same amount of patience with bullsh*t posts as I. You didn't accomplish a d*mn thing with your post.
Boat PI, while everything you stated is correct there are too many unknowns for any conclusion of blame to be placed. 20 hours equal how long a time period? My boat doesn't get 20 hours in 2 years or better. Did ANYONE work on or had access to the boat between the time it came from the dealer til now? What about the sterio shop? Had it been serviced? Any attorney worth a damn could blow this one out of the water real quick or my name ain't Larry H. Parker.( it ain't!)
Just my opinion,
RioListen i dont need sypathy or attention. Maybe i didnt tell the story the why you wanted to hear it and it really doesnt bother me but it seems like other people understood the problem all of a sudden the story is bullshit. Just because i didnt write down what you wanted to hear. Thats bullshit!!!!! Is that what you guys do jump on peoples ass when the story doesnt go your way.

phebus
03-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Phebus, I think you're correct when you say let the situation calm down before blame is placed. Blame is not a bad thing when directed at the right person or entity, but tossed around aimlessly is dangerous and irresponsible IMO....
I have been on here long enough to see where one sided facts are posted, and everyone gets all up in arms, and ready to kill someone, and then the other side of the issue is posted, and there is a total reversal, and assholes become hero's.
In this case, I am not doubting there is blame to be placed, and there was wrong doing, I am just saying let the manufacturer deal with the problem before frying them on the boards. They may be stand up, take full responsibility for the wrong doing and make the matter good. If that is the case, I think it would do more harm then good to name the manufacturer.

Her454
03-17-2005, 11:55 AM
I completely agree. I also feel that issues should only be made public AFTER a customer has tried all they can to make sure the manufacturer or business has had a chance to rectify a situation before they publicly bash. The internet is extremely powerful and negative connotations to a particular business will stay in someones mind longer than a positive 9 times out 10.

Kilrtoy
03-17-2005, 01:22 PM
posting this story will cause anyone on here to inquire to what company....
what made the thread intertesting , is how the manufacture failed to proide a responsible answer to a near death/ accident, which may have / may have not been their fault

Scream
03-17-2005, 01:28 PM
posting this story will cause anyone on here to inquire to what company....
what made the thread intertesting , is how the manufacture failed to proide a responsible answer to a near death/ accident, which may have / may have not been their fault
So, what are ya sayin? :D
We could start a whole new thread on this
Scream :clover: :clover:

BoatFloating
03-17-2005, 06:32 PM
It was a DCB allegedly. Migirl, you being the forum police again....
I'll tell you one thing your boy Barry isn't no saint there...... :mad: And don't get me started with his game....

Jrocket
03-17-2005, 07:33 PM
i'll make you change your shorts that's for sure.
You that bad of a driver? LOL :D

OGShocker
03-17-2005, 09:36 PM
I hope no one else is the owner of this make, running faster than 45, close to others and has the same problem. Think Badass... If you would give up the name people could look for this problem PRIOR to killing somebody like.....you. :idea:

Kilrtoy
03-17-2005, 09:41 PM
It was a DCB allegedly. Migirl, you being the forum police again....
I'll tell you one thing your boy Barry isn't no saint there...... :mad: And don't get me started with his game....
Im speaking on the service and the service received by every shockwave owner THAT I KNOW has received.....
Dont get me started Ricky......about, oh nevermind.... :sleeping:

syke-o
03-17-2005, 10:11 PM
i just read this entire thread and learned absolutely nothing!! ugghh!!!

OGShocker
03-17-2005, 10:16 PM
i just read this entire thread and learned absolutely nothing!! ugghh!!!
I learned Kilrtoy can be a forceful prick when provoked. :crossx: Funny thing is I totally agree with him.
See you on the water, Kilr'!

Indiansprings
03-17-2005, 10:17 PM
Just seems wierd... If you screw me with bad service, everyone will know about it. That is how we, as consumers can protect ourself's. Maybe the whole story wasnt told, otherwise, the way it was told, the consumers got told to piss off. In so many words.

BADASS38CHEVY
03-17-2005, 10:26 PM
SO badassed38, IF you didn't want sympathy, didn't want attention, didn't want to try and educate people that may have aquired a boat from that dealer or manufacturer, didn't want to try to prevent someone else from an accident of that nature THEN WHAT THE F*CK WAS YOUR POST ALL ABOUT THEN? WAAAAA ! Why don't YOU just tell us all what you want to hear so we'll know how to respond to make you happy. WAAA
Rio
ONCE upon a time as I was cruising down the river the boat I was riding in hit a submerged rock and broke part of the place diverter off. When I called the army corp of engineers to file a complaint and get assistance all they did was laugh their ass*s off and make fun of me. The rat Bastards wouldn't even pay for the part that was broken. I'm not going to tell what river cuz it might damage the reputation of the river builder and I'm not going to tell where the rock is cuz it's a secrete. Just hope you don't hit it too. Now could I have a little pat on the ass to make me feel better?http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/139436_12_6-thumb.gifDude i didnt write this to please you or anybody else and i will write the f*** what i want who made you god. All it was was my experience get it yet.

probablecause
03-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Gone through a bag of popcorn and still waiting :hammer2:

BoatFloating
03-18-2005, 10:35 AM
All I know is every boat I've had I was told to take it in between 10-20 for service and check it over becuase nuts and screws come loose because it's a boat. Too many people here want to play judge and jury. I think th MFG response was poor but it's not nesscesary to give out the name so the forum police Migirl can grab his rope and hang em' Who knows the the reasons behind the failure????? and all the details on the boat. The boat could be 1 1/2 old and so on.....

OutCole'd
03-18-2005, 10:39 AM
All I know is every boat I've had I was told to take it in between 10-20 for service and check it over becuase nuts and screws come loose because it's a boat. Too many people here want to play judge and jury. I think th MFG response was poor but it's not nesscesary to give out the name so the forum police Migirl can grab his rope and hang em' Who knows the the reasons behind the failure????? and all the details on the boat. The boat could be 1 1/2 old and so on.....
Well said.

BADASS38CHEVY
03-18-2005, 10:55 AM
All I know is every boat I've had I was told to take it in between 10-20 for service and check it over becuase nuts and screws come loose because it's a boat. Too many people here want to play judge and jury. I think th MFG response was poor but it's not nesscesary to give out the name so the forum police Migirl can grab his rope and hang em' Who knows the the reasons behind the failure????? and all the details on the boat. The boat could be 1 1/2 old and so on.....I know my friend had the boat service the end of sept that was the last time he pulled the boat out on the water. Then he had the stereo work on about a month ago then pick up the boat the weekend it happened. That whole ordeal was trippy. Just glad everybody was okay. My friend is dealing with the boat manufaturer right now. Hopefully things get straighten out.

BoatFloating
03-18-2005, 11:10 AM
I know my friend had the boat service the end of sept that was the last time he pulled the boat out on the water. Then he had the stereo work on about a month ago then pick up the boat the weekend it happened. That whole ordeal was trippy. Just glad everybody was okay. My friend is dealing with the boat manufaturer right now. Hopefully things get straighten out.
I'm glad too that everyone is ok. Who knows what happened and who caused it. It could of been the stereo install you just don't know. But I agree with you there was no need to tell who the boat MFG was. If the boat MFG screws your buddy then let him disclose the MFG.

76BARRON
03-19-2005, 05:33 PM
OK......so the boat f**ks up on or about the time this thread is started 3-16-05 so we give everybody a chance to get home ,get some rest and then come monday or so you (your friend) contact the boat mfg and see what can be done? Then your friend or you can come back on the forums and post the results !
At that time You can 1) brag about how WELL the mfg stood behind their product and made good on this deal and then you can say who the mfg is? or 2) You can tell how your buddie is getting hose'd by the mfg then you can bring up the mfg name so the folks getting ready to spend a butt load of cash can make an informed choice on weather to buy from said mfg.
Fair Enough?
That way this thread can serve a useful perpose.And you will have helped your fellow boater's :)

moneypit
03-19-2005, 10:17 PM
I went out and checked my boat and everythings ok. The steering looks and feels legit. I also checked the boat Im selling. SO Nordic and Cheetah can be taken off the list..
Funny how people can get all huffy.

jlnorthrup122
03-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Origianlly posted by Ratso:
Hmmm... took over 20 hours to work loose. I don't buy it. First thing I would do is start keeping a closer eye on my enemies.
Ratso we think alike!
BA38C tell these falkers to shut the f-ck up and get off there lazy asses and check there Nuts for themselves :D :D :D
Also sounds like 45 was the top speed of this boat and that the steereing is non hidrolic type and that it is brand new it would probly be a tuperware boat and also due to the facts in the originating story the insadent would have happened on a weekend outside of business hours so they would have gotten a recording routing them to either a voicemail or answering service the story is a little off sounding! Sorry couldn't get to the last page before posting this!

Dr. Eagle
03-19-2005, 11:04 PM
Funny how people can get all huffy.
And say stuff like:
We're all gonna be:
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!If we don't check our nuts... :D

jlnorthrup122
03-19-2005, 11:08 PM
We're all gonna be:
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!If we don't check our nuts...
I would check my nuts if only I could see under my huge fat .................................................. .....UM cack yeah thats it! :D :D

Indiansprings
03-19-2005, 11:10 PM
Check you nuts while viewing the Car Wash thread :idea:

Dr. Eagle
03-19-2005, 11:10 PM
LMAO........ :messedup:

jlnorthrup122
03-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Check you nuts while viewing the Car Wash thread
Um I think I should go join my fatty (shes Pregnant ;) ) in bed! :D

dgie
03-19-2005, 11:35 PM
I put my jet boat in a dead spin at 50mph and I didn't feel like I had a near death experience. Just cavitated my pump a little, when it filled back up with water I was off again. It did scare the crap out of me a little though because I did not expect it. Now I make my turns a little wider now, Oh yea I rigged my boat :D

BADASS38CHEVY
03-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Badassed, sorry I upset you so. That was not my initial intend. You had to know that with an intro such as "your experience" (hair raising to say the least), the topic WOULD escalate into a "who's the manufacturer or dealer" type of thing. You've been here long enough to know that's the path this thread would take. I was only trying to give you an out by turning it into a lesson for others to be aware that "stuff happens" and to check things such as steering, throttle linkage, brakes ( catch that one did ya?) without having to name names. Just thought that MAYBE your experience could have saved a life, serious injury, or a 'hair raising experience' for someone else. I guess that wasn't your intent!
Unless there is blatant dishonesty involved I have never slammed a manufacturer or business.(most of them know me and they'd kick my tail). That doesn't mean that they can't be mentioned in the context of the narrative in a constructive > NOT derogatory way.
Sure hope you have a "thicker skin" in your business dealings with customers than you do with criticism of the clarity of your posts. Guess I won't even bother asking if you want help with your spelling and grammer.
Rio
ps...don't let the sarcasm get to you...it's just my way. > kiss, kissHey no problem rio. Maybe we can get together and have a beer we are both from riverside. We usually have parties at th shop on friday maybe you can help me out on my spelling. ha ha