PDA

View Full Version : 1979 Brendella

jusjetting
05-24-2001, 11:45 AM
I have a 1979 19'Brendella With a blown BBC
and a panther jet. What I;m looking for is some history on Brendella hulls. How fast can I push the hull. Presently I'm running 69 on GPS w/ 2 people. The hull has full runners. 2" runner bottom. I'm thinking on pumping up the BBC some more. Any help onthe hull would be Great. Thanks

ChetCapoli
05-24-2001, 03:44 PM
Sounds like a nice setup except for the panther jet. I'd put a berkeley in the boat with some aggressor hardware and you'll should be running in the 90's.
Chet

jusjetting
05-25-2001, 08:14 AM
I recieved my pump back form panther a few months ago and haven't ran it. They put in a bronze sleeve and a jetovator and balanced it. I hope this will make a diff. All my buddys run berks,american turbines ect.. and I pull them all out of the hole but they run just a little faster then I do. they are running 73-77 mph with a GPS.They have drop snoots and place diverters and so on and mine is the pump that came in the boat in 79. So this week end wiil tell the true story. Still looking for more info on the Brendella hull. Thanks

jusjetting
05-29-2001, 10:35 AM
Not that anyone cares,but after Panther rebuilt my pump and a little tuning my boat run 77 with 2 people and 79 with just me in it.(all on GPS) Now its getting a little dry @ these speeds.

nelsonf
05-29-2001, 11:10 AM
do you have any pics of the pump have been thinking about the jetovator for a friends boat would like to see it thanks

froggystyle
06-05-2001, 01:20 PM
I had a Brendella pickelfork before I just bought this Daytona, and it ran really fast, just without any real stability! It had a Jacuzzi jet, and a trick 454. It GPS'd at 91 mph on race gas. The real issue is with swamping it though. It had so little freeboard, that the thing threatened to sink every time you took it out.