PDA

View Full Version : OK...so I'm getting on a plane tonight...

Havasu Hangin'
03-16-2005, 09:51 PM
...and it happens to be one of those smaller, cramped, regional carriers (America's Worst). What seat am I in? The very last. Yep...the VERY last.
Now...I get a little clausterphobic now and then (OK...quite a bit). Sitting in the back of this plane is not good to begin with, but as we are backing out of the gate...someone yells "FIRE"!
Sure enough, the cabin is filling with smoke. Now...my mind starts counting the old ladies and little kids I gotta step over to get out the door. The air-w hore...err...I mean "stewardess" comes on the PA and yells, "SMOKE IN THE CABIN- LEAVE YOUR BELONGINGS AND EVACUATE THE PLANE IMMEDIATELY".
So, luckily, I didn't have to kill anyone, and I was the last person off the plane as the cabin was filling with smoke.
After sitting in the airport for a couple hours (with my eyes still burning), they tell us that they couldn't find the problem, and the plane "checks out OK"...so they reunite me with my stuff, and I'm back on "the plane of death".
After landing in Phoenix three hours late (and sitting on the runway for 20 minutes), everyone claps as the door opens at the gate. I AM ALIVE.
I need a drink.
Of course, to make it up to me, America's Worst gave me a $8.50 dinner voucher. I am livin' the dream, I tell you...livin' the dream.
:rolleyes:

Jrocket
03-16-2005, 09:57 PM
You fit in a plane?

WetWillie
03-16-2005, 09:57 PM
I fly one tommorow to San Jose. Same little plane!! I hope to get the last seat and be just like you!

Phat Matt
03-16-2005, 09:58 PM
I thought they were all non smoking flights these days. :p

TheLurker
03-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Glad you made it safely but I would have had been more than a little reluctant to get back on that "plane of death" I might have waited for a different flight.
Not only are you livin the dream but you have a charmed life too.

Tom Brown
03-16-2005, 10:06 PM
...they couldn't find the problem, and the plane "checks out OK"...
Sure but what they didn't tell you is that they found Tommy Chong in the bathroom.

Unforgiven
03-16-2005, 10:09 PM
I thought they were all non smoking flights these days. :p
must have been a plane that Jordy flew on...you know how he gets after jello shots :sleeping:

Rexone
03-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Of course, to make it up to me, America's Worst gave me a $8.50 dinner voucher. I am livin' the dream, I tell you...livin' the dream.
LMAO... they obviously didn't expect you to eat anything substantial at an "airport". :smile: :rollside:
$8.50 ell buy ya about a slice of pizza and a coke at the good ol airport cafe.

Jbb
03-17-2005, 01:41 AM
Coincedence?....Payback?.....Karma?......hmmmm.... :idea:

Infomaniac
03-17-2005, 05:26 AM
You fit in a plane?
That's what I was thinkin. The ticket agent is still laughing about putting stretch in the last seat.

JetBoatRich
03-17-2005, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE=Havasu Hangin'
:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Glad you mad it safe :D
What did you eat :idea:

Havasu Hangin'
03-17-2005, 06:12 AM
OK...I see how it is. Ole HH almost dies in a fireball on the runway...and you guys make jokes? Hahaha...a bunch of comedians, eh?
:notam:
If I died...who would have been the replacement moderator? I better write up a will for future use. Hmmmmm.... :idea:
Yes, those damn smoke detectors were going off in the bathrooms (I knew because I was sitting right next to the damn thing).
And the $8.50 got me a Happy Meal at the airport McDonalds.
Livin' the dream...

wsuwrhr
03-17-2005, 06:38 AM
...and it happens to be one of those smaller, cramped, regional carriers (America's Worst). What seat am I in? The very last. Yep...the VERY last.
Now...I get a little clausterphobic now and then (OK...quite a bit). Sitting in the back of this plane is not good to begin with, but as we are backing out of the gate...someone yells "FIRE"!
Sure enough, the cabin is filling with smoke. Now...my mind starts counting the old ladies and little kids I gotta step over to get out the door. The air-w hore...err...I mean "stewardess" comes on the PA and yells, "SMOKE IN THE CABIN- LEAVE YOUR BELONGINGS AND EVACUATE THE PLANE IMMEDIATELY".
So, luckily, I didn't have to kill anyone, and I was the last person off the plane as the cabin was filling with smoke.
After sitting in the airport for a couple hours (with my eyes still burning), they tell us that they couldn't find the problem, and the plane "checks out OK"...so they reunite me with my stuff, and I'm back on "the plane of death".
After landing in Phoenix three hours late (and sitting on the runway for 20 minutes), everyone claps as the door opens at the gate. I AM ALIVE.
I need a drink.
No way would I have gotten on that plane.
A plane that catches fire is not OK.
You have more balls than I. Glad to see everything went alright.
Brian

Jbb
03-17-2005, 06:41 AM
OK...I see how it is. Ole HH almost dies in a fireball on the runway...and you guys make jokes? Hahaha...a bunch of comedians, eh?
If I died...who would have been the replacement moderator? I better write up a will for future use. Hmmmmm.... :idea:
Yes, those damn smoke detectors were going off in the bathrooms (I knew because I was sitting right next to the damn thing).
And the $8.50 got me a Happy Meal at the airport McDonalds.
Livin' the dream...
QUOTE=Havasu Hangin']OK...I see how it is. Ole HH almost dies in a fireball on the runway...and you guys make jokes? Hahaha...a bunch of comedians, eh?
:D :D :D :D :D :jawdrop:
Kim Hanson....your name would be forgotten in a matter of hours :supp:

BarryMac
03-17-2005, 06:51 AM
The Stewardess was probably smokin a joint in the Bathroom and threw it in the Paper receptacle instead of the shitter...

Havasu Hangin'
03-17-2005, 09:19 AM
A plane that catches fire is not OK.
Yes.
For all the travelers out there...here's a good rule of thumb:
If there are firetrucks surrounding your plane...GET OUT. :supp:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
03-17-2005, 09:25 AM
I'd moderate for ya! I'd be dam good too. like i tell my kids when mom's away and i'm in charge----"It's no homework and candy for dinner!"

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 09:31 AM
I need a drink.
Interesting HH.
I had a similar experience on Alaska Airlines on a flight from Las Vegas to Seattle. It was a little bigger airplane (MD80) but the cabin started filling with smoke as we began to taxi. Everyone started freaking out and the pilot ended up taxiing back to the terminal and getting everyone off.
Turned out they had sucked a plastic bag into the APU or HVAC unit, it did smell like burning plastic.
Most of the passengers found another route to Seattle so I got upgraded to first class on the plane of death... :D

Havasu Hangin'
03-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Turned out they had sucked a plastic bag into the APU or HVAC unit, it did smell like burning plastic.
Well, when they did a check on the "Plane of Death"...they were focused on the HVAC unit. I guess they were using heat sensing devices to look for a fire.
All I remember was a strong deisel smell of jet fuel in the cabin. I'm going to go out on a limb and say...
Jet fuel + fire = bad day :hammerhea

Tom Brown
03-17-2005, 10:42 AM
OK...I see how it is. Ole HH almost dies in a fireball on the runway...and you guys make jokes?
The jokes are just a defense mechanism. We're all crying on the inside.
If I died...who would have been the replacement moderator?Kim Hanson....your name would be forgotten in a matter of hours :supp:
Right you are, my nihilist friend.

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say...
Jet fuel + fire = bad day :hammerhea
A limb is a bad place to be when the tree trunk is going up in flames... :2purples:

ratso
03-17-2005, 10:51 AM
I figured Kilrtoy would be on here demanding the name of the Airline by now... :D

boatnam2
03-17-2005, 10:53 AM
the demons where in the house.

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 11:01 AM
I figured Kilrtoy would be on here demanding the name of the Airline by now... :D
LMAO, I think it was America's Worst... but good one! :220v:

UnionJack
03-17-2005, 11:17 AM
You need to join Blue Sky, and get your blue sky card... Buy in is 50K, The best 50K you will ever spend

Havasu Hangin'
03-17-2005, 11:21 AM
The jokes are just a defense mechanism. We're all crying on the inside.
Did i say "comedians" or "Canadians"?
You need to join Blue Sky, and get your blue sky card... Buy in is 50K, The best 50K you will ever spend
No problem. As long as TFB Motorsports sponsors me...I'm good to go!
:cool:

UnionJack
03-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Get a smaller boat, and then you two can be big pimp-in

UnionJack
03-17-2005, 11:25 AM
By the way I just had a girl in a new bathsuit come out and asked me how she looked :hammer2:

Havasu Hangin'
03-17-2005, 11:26 AM
By the way I just had a girl in a new bathsuit come out and asked me how she looked :hammer2:
Got any openings?

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 11:28 AM
Better would be "Birthday Suit" :cool:

UnionJack
03-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Got any openings?
Looking for professional lotion applicators, Pay is like a strip club, $10 per application

Havasu Hangin'
03-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Looking for professional lotion applicators, Pay is like a strip club, $10 per application
Done! (as long as I don't have to get on anymore cropdusters)
They don't call me "hands of fire" for nothing...I could be pulling down seven figures in no time.

UnionJack
03-17-2005, 12:41 PM
You do it right, you might get to do your own Crop-Dusting... and get payed for it :lightsabe

Jbb
03-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Jeff felt the need.....the need for....bang (http://alldumb.com/link.php?id=14435)

UnionJack
03-17-2005, 01:22 PM
wow.... That sucks

Jrocket
03-17-2005, 08:32 PM
A limb is a bad place to be when the tree trunk is going up in flames... :2purples:
LMAO....so true!

Tom Brown
03-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Jeff felt the need.....the need for....bang (http://alldumb.com/link.php?id=14435)
Watching that kind of stuff makes me assume that every plane that has ever gone into a loop has plowed a big groove in the ground.

Sleek-Jet
03-17-2005, 10:06 PM
I want an airplane that has Russian ejection seats... obviously they work... :chi:

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 10:09 PM
I want an airplane that has Russian ejection seats... obviously they work... :chi:
At very low levels...

PHX ATC
03-18-2005, 06:56 AM
HH you big baby. :D
That kinda stuff happens everyday. It ain't no thang (from a mile away, safely tucked in my glass house).
You shouldn't have taken the time to count the old ladies and kids to jump over, you shoulda pushed them outta the way. :D

Havasu Hangin'
03-18-2005, 01:37 PM
It ain't no thang (from a mile away, safely tucked in my glass house).
I knew it! Is this question on the ATC job application:
"Did you ever fry ants on the sidewalk with a magnifying glass?"
:idea:

ROZ
03-18-2005, 02:23 PM
...I could be pulling down seven fingers in no time.
I hope he has liability :supp:

ROZ
03-18-2005, 02:25 PM
You shouldn't have taken the time to count the old ladies and kids to jump over, you shoulda pushed them outta the way. :D
Does the FAA condone this type of behavior? :wink:

PHX ATC
03-18-2005, 02:29 PM
I knew it! Is this question on the ATC job application:
"Did you ever fry ants on the sidewalk with a magnifying glass?"
:idea:
Top of the second page, right after, how many time did it take to figure out peeing into the wind doesn't work? :D
ROZ - I think we invented that exiting procedure. :220v:

Racer277
03-18-2005, 02:40 PM
HH,
A heart felt "Thanks" for putting your life on the line for us the way you do everyday. It's dedicated professionals like you that keep everything going.
From one traveler to another. :D
I was at PHX once when our flight got canceled for mekanical reasons. Well the guy in front of me at the counter was HOT and yelling at the customer service chick how he had to get to DC on the next plane blah, blah blah. Well after about 15 min, she puts him on the next plane to SLC, with connections to DC. He runs off.
I ask her if that will work for me, she says that from SLC, he will be on a plane to Vegas, and from there back here in about 8 hours. Then he can get on his final connection to DC. :supp:
I was real nice, and took what I could get.

Havasu Hangin'
03-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Top of the second page, right after, how many time did it take to figure out peeing into the wind doesn't work? :D
Is that before or after the question:
"How long can you make a paper airplane do circles in the sky?"
HH,
A heart felt "Thanks" for putting your life on the line for us the way you do everyday.
Well, thank you...but I am no hero (just a guy who has learned that there is no joy in airports these days). :squiggle:
"No pain, no brain"...I always say.
:D

PHX ATC
03-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Is that before or after the question:
"How long can you make a paper airplane do circles in the sky?"
After.
Now recite our motto with me.......
"We're not happy until you're not happy!"
You'll fit right in! :)

Debbolas
04-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Of course he fits............remember he is a tiny little ompa lompa (sp)
:D ya know I love ya! :D

WetWillie
04-16-2005, 03:07 PM
Whats this all about? Is this it? http://www.bluestarjets.com/home.asp
Give me the down low..