PDA

View Full Version : Screw Costco

Phat Matt
03-16-2005, 10:10 PM
So we went there tonight to buy a new digital camera. We found the one we wanted, but nobody was around to help us since they don't keep them on the floor, so we decided to look around. Well I filled the cart up with stuff and checked out. $550 later we were leaving the store and we still didn't buy the camera.
That place is like crack. You keep going back for more when you don't need it. :D

Unforgiven
03-16-2005, 10:13 PM
So we went there tonight to buy a new digital camera. We found the one we wanted, but nobody was around to help us since they don't keep them on the floor, so we decided to look around. Well I filled the cart up with stuff and checked out. $550 later we were leaving the store and we still didn't buy the camera.
That place is like crack. You keep going back for more when you don't need it. :D
you took Jen with you that explains the 500 bucks...the 50 was for the beer you bought

JetBoatRich
03-16-2005, 10:15 PM
:yuk: So we went there tonight to buy a new digital camera. We found the one we wanted, but nobody was around to help us since they don't keep them on the floor, so we decided to look around. Well I filled the cart up with stuff and checked out. $550 later we were leaving the store and we still didn't buy the camera.
Just like posting on ***boat :yuk: your done :skull:

WYRD
03-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Yea but you got free samples man!!!! :p :rollside:

Phat Matt
03-16-2005, 10:27 PM
you took Jen with you that explains the 500 bucks...the 50 was for the beer you bought
She did point out a ring that was only 31k! :2purples:
:D

Tom Brown
03-16-2005, 10:31 PM
I used to shop at CostCo. It was great to be able to buy breakfast cereal in water heater sized boxes.

Unforgiven
03-16-2005, 10:42 PM
31K??? I could be buying some major BLING BLING blowers for "someone" and she would be just as happy.......Good thing she can spot that 31k ring...might as well kiss the new boat good bye.....

RiverToysJas
03-16-2005, 10:43 PM
For that kind of scratch, the ring better have been wrapped around a car! ;)
RTJas :D

Phat Matt
03-16-2005, 10:45 PM
31K??? I could be buying some major BLING BLING blowers for "someone" and she would be just as happy.......Good thing she can spot that 31k ring...might as well kiss the new boat good bye.....
I'm not kissing anything goodbye. Everything seems to be coming together nicely. :D

Phat Matt
03-16-2005, 10:46 PM
For that kind of scratch, the ring better have been wrapped around a car! ;)
RTJas :D
No kidding. I asked her if she liked her finger because somebody would cut if off for that ring. Nothing like a little scare tactics. :p

Roxysnow
03-16-2005, 10:56 PM
If you decide to make the plunge and get a ring. Call me 1st, My diamond guy rocks.

Unforgiven
03-16-2005, 10:57 PM
I'm not kissing anything goodbye. Everything seems to be coming together nicely. :D
I see your spending my future sponsor money wisely :eek:

Phat Matt
03-16-2005, 11:07 PM
If you decide to make the plunge and get a ring. Call me 1st, My diamond guy rocks.
Thanks. You guys coming this weekend or what?

Roxysnow
03-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Definitely, I spoke to Frenchie earlier. He gave me the scoop on whose showin. Should be an awsome weekend. Crossin my finger that the rain don't come though! TTYL brotha!

spectratoad
03-17-2005, 06:03 AM
Yea but you got free samples man!!!! :p :rollside:
The kids and I go there sometimes after I pick them up from school for "afterschool snacks".

FRENCHIE
03-17-2005, 06:45 AM
i told him the 411 and we got him taken care of!!!
:cool:

RiverOtter
03-17-2005, 06:48 AM
You realize you played right into their plan :cool:

Essex502
03-17-2005, 07:02 AM
Sounds like a personal problem to me! :D We have the same problem! Always something to buy in that place that I didn't plan to purchase when I went in.

LVJAKAZ
03-17-2005, 08:08 AM
HaHA...Target is worse for me, yesterday i went in for shampoo for my son, thats all i needed......$250.00 later i was walking out :jawdrop: :D

It's Only Money
03-17-2005, 09:25 AM
One warning about Costco. Don't buy the expensive watches such as TAG or Raymond Weil or Omega. Many are "grey market" and the warranty will not be honored by the manufacturer as you didn't purchase it from an "Authorized Dealer". I had that happen to me with a Raymond Weil. The watch wasn't even supposed to be sold in this country. When I need a warranty service they opened the case and the serial numbers were for an non-U.S. watch. Raymond Weil denied the warranty service work and I had to pay for it myself. I don't know about jewelry other than watches so it's buyer beware. We also had many DVD's that skip that we bought from Costco. The Costco purchased ones are the only ones that ever skip on my Sony DVD player. Sometimes I wonder about where they get their goods. Doesn't stop me from shopping there - I just exercise caution on what I buy.

WYRD
03-17-2005, 10:29 AM
The kids and I go there sometimes after I pick them up from school for "afterschool snacks".
But I bet you don't make it out the door without dropping at least a hunddie!!!! :D :D

Scream
03-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Matt, you're not alone with this affliction...There ought to be a 12 step program for it. lol
Scream <--coulda financed Kilr's DCB with my Costco purchase...

phebus
03-17-2005, 11:05 AM
One warning about Costco. Don't buy the expensive watches such as TAG or Raymond Weil or Omega. Many are "grey market" and the warranty will not be honored by the manufacturer as you didn't purchase it from an "Authorized Dealer". I had that happen to me with a Raymond Weil. The watch wasn't even supposed to be sold in this country. When I need a warranty service they opened the case and the serial numbers were for an non-U.S. watch. Raymond Weil denied the warranty service work and I had to pay for it myself. I don't know about jewelry other than watches so it's buyer beware. We also had many DVD's that skip that we bought from Costco. The Costco purchased ones are the only ones that ever skip on my Sony DVD player. Sometimes I wonder about where they get their goods. Doesn't stop me from shopping there - I just exercise caution on what I buy.
With Costco's return policy, why even bother with warranty issues. Just take it back, get a refund, and buy a new one. Their return policy is one reason we shop there.

It's Only Money
03-17-2005, 11:07 AM
With Costco's return policy, why even bother with warranty issues. Just take it back, get a refund, and buy a new one. Their return policy is one reason we shop there.
How long is their return policy?

Scream
03-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Now it's either 6 months or a year, before it was unlimited and I mean unlimited...for example. If you were to need a new computer and don't need an Alienware Super Duper gamemaster deluxe, then you go to Costco, buy the computer with all the built in bells and whistles. In a year, you "upgrade" to the new technolgy. Take that computer back to Costco (after backing up your data) and return it for a FULL REFUND. Then walk back around and buy the newest model and Voila, Auto Upgrade. Technically you can continue doing this until they change thier policy...Sweet.
The same goes for any product they sell. They have one of the most lienient return policies in all of retailing. And they don't necessarily stick it to the MFG company either. Good to work with on that end.

a catered life
03-17-2005, 11:29 AM
diamond guy? wtf :confused: do you want to adopt a over grown black guy that can cook his As* off :jawdrop: i go cheap.....

a catered life
03-17-2005, 11:30 AM
yo matt tell me you bought those shrimp in garlic butter sauce!!!! yum yum

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 11:32 AM
:yuk:
Just like posting on ***boat :yuk: your done :skull:
Yes, set foot inside, you're TOAST!!!!!!!

Bank Boy
03-17-2005, 11:35 AM
I have a new technique to get out for under a $100... I don't take my wife and I don't take a shopping cart. (If I can't carry it, I don't but it.)

WYRD
03-17-2005, 11:36 AM
diamond guy? wtf :confused: do you want to adopt a over grown black guy that can cook his As* off :jawdrop: i go cheap.....
Does the term "over grown" mean you have spent years building a "tool shed" or you finished "the six pack and started on the keg" or your "horizorntaily challanged"? :smile: :rollside: :)

Scream
03-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Yes, set foot inside, you're TOAST!!!!!!!
You ok Doc? Don't you mean DOOOOOMMMMEEEDDDD

WYRD
03-17-2005, 11:38 AM
I have a new technique to get out for under a $100... I don't take my wife and I don't take a shopping cart. (If I can't carry it, I don't but it.)
Not to screw up your plan or anything but they will bring it up front for you and even load it in the truck :crossx: :crossx:

Dr. Eagle
03-17-2005, 11:38 AM
You ok Doc? Don't you mean DOOOOOMMMMEEEDDDD
Yes, maybe
DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED to be TOAST! :D

phebus
03-17-2005, 11:53 AM
I was recently told by Costco, that their return policy extended for one year.

ROZ
03-17-2005, 12:14 PM
I just finished an exchange on a printer I've had for 3 years... Any questions? :D
From a friend's daughter who is a Cstco buyer: " We won't sell a vendor's products unless they take it back, no questions asked. We sell TONS of product. They always make out in the end."
I don't know how true the statement is, but I've never had a problem exchanging product at costco...

phebus
03-17-2005, 12:32 PM
I just finished an exchange on a printer I've had for 3 years... Any questions? :D
From a friend's daughter who is a Cstco buyer: " We won't sell a vendor's products unless they take it back, no questions asked. We sell TONS of product. They always make out in the end."
I don't know how true the statement is, but I've never had a problem exchanging product at costco...
I should have got my wife from Costco. Sure would have made things easy if I had future problems. :D

Essex502
03-17-2005, 12:32 PM
I wonder how they would handle the example of the $13K Cartier watch since they bought it from a third party?

AzLakeLizard
03-17-2005, 12:34 PM
We are lucky to get out of Costco with only spending $800 at a crack! YIKES :hammer2:
but then again.. we only go every few months. (since we have to drive to Phoenix or St. George to get to one. :D