PDA

View Full Version : TRIDENT NEWS anything new?

shadow
03-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Wes,whats the latest.Things have been pretty quite lately concerning the
Revolution.I'm not on the mailing list for updates.Anyone have any news?
Can't wait to see this boat in action.looks great so far.

GrapeApe
03-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Where is the Water Testing being Done..? San Vicente? El Cap? I think I am going to try and stop by the Shop when I am in Town next weekend..
*** Grape Ape ***

shadow
03-17-2005, 11:48 AM
Where is the Water Testing being Done..? San Vicente? El Cap? I think I am going to try and stop by the Shop when I am in Town next weekend..
*** Grape Ape ***
Thats what i'm wondering? :confused: Last pics and info i saw the boat was out of the mold.I would guess that we should be seeing some water test and finished results anytime now.
Knowing the way Wes does things tho it could be another year. :jawdrop: He wont let it go until it's perfect. :D

phebus
03-17-2005, 11:50 AM
I am on the mailing list, and there have been no updates. I was told that Wes was in the process of moving into a new larger facility, and that was too busy to update anything until that was accomplished.

Infomaniac
03-17-2005, 11:58 AM
I just spoke with Wes. All is well they are just pinned to the wall busy.
Boat # 2 bottom is infused and they are busy working on the new facility.
Not sure when the next update will come out.

GrapeApe
03-17-2005, 12:06 PM
I just spoke with Wes. All is well they are just pinned to the wall busy.
Boat # 2 bottom is infused and they are busy working on the new facility.
Not sure when the next update will come out.
Infomaniac.. Was Boat one Completed..? Was it Water tested..? I guess Wes is the best to answer these questions.. I am really dying to hear how the Dual Pump worked out..
*** Grape Ape ***

Infomaniac
03-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Boat 1 is not rigged. It belongs to Wes.
They stopped on it to move shops and started on boat #2

GrapeApe
03-17-2005, 12:28 PM
I don't know much about Boat Building, but wouldn't you want to Finish the 1st Boat, and Test it before you start on the next one. Maybe the Rigging, or other Items can be tweaked or fixed after completly testing the 1st Boat, so the 2nd, 3rd etc. will be 100% Perfect.. Just mt .02.. Again, I know nothing about building a Boat..
*** Grape Ape ***

NashvilleBound
03-17-2005, 12:31 PM
I thought for sure the first ride would have been rigged and ready to go. I was there over Christmas and the hull was being put together already. But if there is one thing about Wes he doesn't cut any corners. When the ride hits the water I am sure it will be just so. I am due for another trip out there in about 6 weeks (carne asada run) so I hope its water ready.

canuck1
03-17-2005, 12:36 PM
Rumor has it that Wes moved cause the Seadoo guys were after him

Lightning
03-17-2005, 12:37 PM
They moved shops into a new to them 14000 square foot place. They are dealing with getting all systems go; ie) phone lines, computers, paint, etc... The boat is there with the dual drive installed and I believe the rail kit for the motor was in there as well. I went by the other day, dual drive looks sweet.

RiverOtter
03-17-2005, 01:16 PM
I looked at the pics on the website last night. Wow! Looks alot better than that drawing they had for so long. Can that boat be bought with an outdrive or do you have to get that duel jet thing?

Hallett19
03-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Last I heard they were going to offer an outdrive, but wasnt clear whether it would be Merc or not.... :idea:

phebus
03-17-2005, 01:49 PM
It's an illusion, the whole thing is an illusion. And you don't like it do you!! ( I don't know if anyone else has ever seen that comedy routine, but is is hilarious)

mbrown2
03-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Reminds me of the Dot.Com companies....two years of hype, two years of loss, where is the profit?
J/k Wes...good luck with the build up...1st one looked great..

Phat Matt
03-17-2005, 04:08 PM
It's an illusion, the whole thing is an illusion. And you don't like it do you!! ( I don't know if anyone else has ever seen that comedy routine, but is is hilarious)
You mean the one where the guy says, "hand or pocket?...pocket, phuck you, it's and illusion" :)

RiverOtter
03-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Last I heard they were going to offer an outdrive, but wasnt clear whether it would be Merc or not.... :idea:
Is there any other? :notam:

bchbum
03-17-2005, 04:12 PM
I heard it's coming out party will be at Parker , at Foxes . When we don't know

mbrown2
03-17-2005, 04:26 PM
I heard it's coming out party will be at Parker , at Foxes..
Froggy said that back in January....no new news since prior to the boat show...

BLOWN HOWARD
03-18-2005, 12:12 AM
I thought i heard him talking about a wiesman drive if not the dual pump set up.

Froggystyle
03-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Hey everyone.
First off, thanks for looking out for us. We have been slammed getting the boats ready and figuring out everything for getting into production. So, quick update...
First, everybody is basically right. We have infused #2 at our own shop, and are working on bringing nearly 100% of the build operations in house for quality control reasons. This is a big step. As was also correctly pointed out, we have moved into a new gi-hugeic facilty here in El Cajon. Amazingly, when we first got in here we thought it would be wide open for years to come, and it got small very, very quickly. We are gearing up to produce not only our boat, the Revolution, but other people's as well who want to build using the advanced resin infusion method.
Construction is nearing completion on our new spray booth, which is huge as well. 40' x 36' of wide open internal space... free span in other words. Engineering it was a bit of a nightmare as well as getting permits, approval etc...
We started building #2 because we ran out of some parts for #1. Several of the parts that were designed for the boat didn't fit up to our standards, and are as such being re-tooled. The "No compromise" mentality is in full effect.
We should have the motor in soon, and many of the rigging parts will be finished around the same timeframe. In the meantime, we are dialing in the infusion process on test panels and stuff for production of other components.
Thanks for all of the good words. We will be rocking here soon hopefully.
Talk to you all later,
Wes

clownpuncher
03-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Jayme and I are gonna go to OP6C this year in Parker. First time for us. I think it'd be awesome if it was "On The Rocks" parked next to "On The Rocks" at the sandbar. I'll let you play the tunes :D

Froggystyle
03-21-2005, 04:34 PM
I looked at the pics on the website last night. Wow! Looks alot better than that drawing they had for so long. Can that boat be bought with an outdrive or do you have to get that duel jet thing?
A Weismann drive will be available at a significant cost premium, but not reccommended for the party deck application.
Boooo Merc...

RiverDave
03-22-2005, 11:38 AM
A Weismann drive will be available at a significant cost premium, but not reccommended for the party deck application.
Boooo Merc...
That weisman drive is definately a nice peace, from what I saw of it. :)
RD

BADBLOWN572
03-22-2005, 12:20 PM
That weisman drive is definately a nice peace, from what I saw of it. :)
RD
I would bet that it would probably be somewhere around a $40k upgrade from the dual jet drive though. They make an extremely nice piece (a lot nicer than Merc), but to have the best, it costs money. :(

Froggystyle
03-23-2005, 09:41 AM
I would bet that it would probably be somewhere around a $40k upgrade from the dual jet drive though. They make an extremely nice piece (a lot nicer than Merc), but to have the best, it costs money. :(
Not quite that much. Close to $28K more all said and done.
I would have to take out some motor though. I have no idea how fast this frickin thing would be all propped out for a top end. Faster than I want to sell a party boat, that is for sure.

BLOWN HOWARD
03-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Wes glad to hear everything is coming out good for you!!! Sorry i didnt get a chance to come down and get those tires out of your way hopefully i will pretty quick here. Chris

RiverOtter
03-23-2005, 10:10 AM
Any performance numbers with the jet drive yet? :cool:

Froggystyle
03-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Any performance numbers with the jet drive yet? :cool:
No. We are waiting on the last parts for boat #1 right now.
As the days go on, I think of how easy it would be to just throw this thing together and be done with it... but it isn't our style. It is the little, important stuff that takes a lot of time to nail, and we are taking our time.
I would not have guessed that designing, engineering and manufacturing your own actuated hatch hinges for example would be that time consuming or frustrating. Multiply that by 100 for all of our proprietary parts.
We are chugging along though.

Jordy
03-23-2005, 10:55 AM
We are chugging along though.
I've partied with you guys. Just make sure you're working more than you're chugging. ;)
I'm looking forward to seeing it on the water. :D